The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Jordan > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2010, 04:51 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I disagree with you girls.... QR is always the most elegant royal lady IMO

Old 11-21-2010, 12:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humera View Post
Looks like quite a few were out to greet them.
Princess Salma and Prince Hashem appear to be wearing the same jacket (different coloured lining though). Princess Iman is starting to look more and more like her mother. I think Salma looks different from the rest of her siblings. I can't really tell yet whom she's going to resemble when she grows up.
the little Salma always remind me of Princess Basma and I don't know why
Imane is a beauty she is a very pretty young lady I am looking forward to see her doing her own duties in the future.
I am glad Hussein enjoyed the Saturday evenning watching his fav team playing even if I think it's a little odd to remove all the members family only to watxh the football match IMO.Imane does not look intested at all.

Old 11-21-2010, 03:18 PM
Majesty
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – Jordan

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrifia View Post
I am glad Hussein enjoyed the Saturday evenning watching his fav team playing even if I think it's a little odd to remove all the members family only to watxh the football match IMO.Imane does not look intested at all.
Princess Iman usually seems bored or sad
Old 11-21-2010, 05:38 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrifia View Post
the little Salma always remind me of Princess Basma and I don't know why
Imane is a beauty she is a very pretty young lady I am looking forward to see her doing her own duties in the future.

I think because she has the same pronounced overbite that is a Hashemite genetic trait
Old 11-21-2010, 10:45 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamamah View Post
I think because she has the same pronounced overbite that is a Hashemite genetic trait
plus she'd been wearing braces for quite awhile there and seemed embarrassed of them...idk if she still is
Old 12-10-2010, 10:18 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative - Morocco

Jordan’s Queen Rania: Third Most Influential Leader in Social Media
(Office of Her Majesty, Press Department- Amman) – Her Majesty Queen Rania came in third, following President Obama and 10 Downing Street in the list report by the Digital Policy Council, according to which, 1 out of 5 heads of state are currently on Twitter and engaging in social networking on the internet.
Old 12-18-2010, 04:16 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by salma View Post
QRania was voted 3rd in this poll by Hola voters with 1179 votes (I could take a look into last week's issue of the magazine at the airport while waiting for my flight delayed due to heavy snow) behind two Spanish ladies: Isabel Preysler (who won this poll by a large margin with 4715 votes) and Naty Abascal (1638 votes). CPLetizia was voted 4th (666 votes), Monaco's PCaroline 6th, Carla Bruni 8th, Denmark's CPMary 10th, PElena 12th, QNoor 14th (233 votes).
Old 12-18-2010, 08:15 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veram98 View Post
QRania was voted 3rd in this poll by Hola voters with 1179 votes (I could take a look into last week's issue of the magazine at the airport while waiting for my flight delayed due to heavy snow) behind two Spanish ladies: Isabel Preysler (who won this poll by a large margin with 4715 votes) and Naty Abascal (1638 votes). CPLetizia was voted 4th (666 votes), Monaco's PCaroline 6th, Carla Bruni 8th, Denmark's CPMary 10th, PElena 12th, QNoor 14th (233 votes).
This doesn't surprise me as Rania hasn't worn anything really noteworthy for sometime and Hola is just a magazine full of sycophantic gossip and PR plants anyway. Isabel Preysler has worn some amazing outfits this year though and always look super elegant and groomed I find Asmaa Al-Assad to be far more elegant and professional in appearance as a Premier Lady from a ME country. I don't include Sheikha Mozah as she dresses according to a different criteria
Old 12-19-2010, 04:35 AM
Courtier

According to Hola the 16 ladies (royals, first ladies, celebrities) included in the poll were selected by an international jury of fashion experts (and for them QRania was 3rd, too; preceded by Naty Abascal as 1st and Carla Bruni as second).
I agree that Asma Al-Assad should have been included, she is a very elegant lady.
It has astonished me a bit that CPLetizia did not get more votes - by readers of a Spanish magazine that does above all a lot of PR for the Spanish royals.
Old 12-22-2010, 03:08 PM
Royal Highness

Three big resolution photos from Rania's visit to Barcelona - November 13, 2010

ImageBam - Fast, Free Image Hosting and Photo Sharing
Old 12-23-2010, 05:22 AM
Royal Highness

Vote for Rania:

æQuiénes considera qué son el hombre y la mujer mįs atractivos de 2010? | hola.com
Old 01-08-2011, 11:00 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Barcelona
Fotobanka
Fotobanka
http://multimedia.ctk.cz/cs/foto/doc...celona-4040230
Old 01-11-2011, 10:36 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Jordan king orders price cuts 'to protect poor'
AMMAN — Jordan's government is preparing to take urgent steps to reduce prices of commodities amid rising popular discontent around the country, a senior official said on Tuesday.
"King Abdullah II has instructed Prime Minister Samir Rifai to take immediate and effective measures to mitigate the impact of rising prices of commodities on citizens," the official told AFP, speaking on condition of anonymity.
Old 01-25-2011, 11:36 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

A Unique Queen
A Unique Queen
Old 01-27-2011, 12:53 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

JORDAN: King calls for political, economic reforms after weeks of demonstrations
Following two weeks of demonstrations in various cities across Jordan against high commodity prices and government policies, the country's ruler King Abdullah II said on Wednesday that it's time to bring about more political and economic reforms in the desert kingdom.
Old 02-04-2011, 05:23 AM
Majesty

News Summary ROYALBLOG.NL: Jordan's King under pressure too

News Summary ROYALBLOG.NL: King Abdullah: reforms slowed down

Courtesy HJA
Old 02-04-2011, 01:22 PM
Courtier

Jordan's Monarchy: Nervous times ahead

Jordan's monarchy: Nervous times ahead | The Economist
Old 02-05-2011, 03:28 AM
Gentry

Prehaps its time for Jordan's king to take notes from Spain's king, and transition Jordan from dictatorship to democracy?
Old 02-05-2011, 06:46 AM
Royal Highness

Very interesting article about Rania in the spanish newspaper El mundo.
You can read it in youkioske, but its in spanish: La otra cronica el mundo 5 febrero 2011.
Old 02-05-2011, 01:48 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keystone View Post
Prehaps its time for Jordan's king to take notes from Spain's king, and transition Jordan from dictatorship to democracy?
I agree. He could use this opportunity to stand up to the conservatives and (eventually) allow the PM to be elected. That would be an important first step. There's always the danger of so-called Islamists coming to power but that can't always be used as an excuse to rob any population of the right to choose. A lot of articles I've been reading, including some comments from Jordanians, mention discontent with the government, and not so much the king. This is a good chance for him to show his people he's willing to give them a choice. He's been meeting with the opposition but I hope something concrete comes out of it. The situation in the ME right now is really more about political and economic reform, we haven't seen the usual anti-Western/anti-imperialist rhetoric (not yet anyway). That shows that people really are looking for solutions and not interested in the typical scapegoating against the west.

King is ‘off limits’ in Jordan
. . . Experts say Abdullah’s conservative allies, rather than the king, have been the biggest stumbling block to political reform. But if protests continue, he could seize the opportunity to push forward.
“He will have to give serious consideration to including key opposition people in the new cabinet,” says Jordan expert Curtis Ryan of Appalachian State University. “He can reach out to the opposition in the short term, and in the longer term draw the prime minister and the cabinet from the parliament.”