UN Climate Change Conference (COP15) in Copenhagen: December 7-18, 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dazzling

Former Moderator
City
-
Country
France
Prince Frederik will have several events in connection with this event, there will be a reception at the palace held by Frederik & Mary.

Attending
Crown Prince Charles
Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden
Crown Prince Haakon of Norway

Calender

Dec 3, 2009
The Crown Prince attends the opening of the exhibition e_COLLECTION in Illum, Copenhagen. The exhibition is organized by Design Kolding, Museum of Koldinghus and Trapholt in connection with COP15 pm. 13:00.

Dec 4, 2009
The Crown Prince participates in Climate Consortium and ATP's international investor conference at the Radisson SAS Royal Hotel in Copenhagen at 8:25

Dec 9, 2009
The Crown Princess is present at the fashion industry's Nordic Summit Fashion Summit in the Royal Theater opera house in Holmen, Copenhagen at
16.35​
Crown Princess of participants in events related to Fashion Summit in Copenhagen City Hall at 20:10

Dec 11, 2009
The Crown Prince participates in Young Global Leaders COP15 event -breakfast briefing at 7:15am

The Crown Prince opens the exhibition "In the Eye of Climate Change" at Nordatlantens Brygge, Copenhagen at 15:10

Dec 12, 2009
The Crown Prince attends the opening of the exhibition Bright Green in Forum at 10:00

Dec 14, 2009
The Crown Princely Couple holds reception at Amalienborg, Christian VIII's palæ, in connection with Denmark being host nation for COP15 Climate Summit 17:00

Dec 15, 2009
The Crown Prince visits the 'HopenhagenLIVE' at the Town Hall Square in Copenhagen at 15:55

The Crown Prince is present at the opening of High-level meetings for COP15 in Bella Center, Copenhagen at 17:30

Dec 16, 2009
The Crown Prince, Crown Princess participate in arrangement with the former American Vice-President Al Gore in the conference hall TAP1 in Copenhagen at 16:40

The regent couple, Crown Prince couple, Prince Joachim, Princess Marie and Princess Benedikte attend the gala at the royal theater in connection with the UN Climate Change Conference COP 15 pm. 20:00.

December 17, 2009
Regent Couple, the Crown Princely Couple, Prince Joachim, Princess Marie and Princess Benedikte participate in the dinner for Heads of State and government leaders at Christiansborg Palace in connection with UN's Climate Conference at 19:44

Last edited:
Crow princess Victoria will attend this conference from the 13th till the 15th of december.

söndag 13/12–tisdag 15/12 Besök i Köpenhamn COP15 United Nations Climate Change Conference – Kronprinsessan

Dec 3, 2009
The Crown Prince attends the opening of the exhibition e_COLLECTION in Illum, Copenhagen. The exhibition is organized by Design Kolding, Museum of Koldinghus and Trapholt in connection with COP15 pm. 13:00.

Here are some pics of that first event Frederik attended today:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **

Events to add in the calendar in the first post

December 16, 2009

The regent couple, Joachim and Marie and Benedikte attend the gala at the royal theater in connection with the UN Climate Change Conference COP 15 pm. 20:00.

December 17, 2009
The Crown Princely Couple participate in the Regent Couple's dinner for Heads of State and government leaders at Christiansborg Palace in connection with UN's Climate Conference at 19:44
Prince Joachim and princess Marie and princess Benedikte participate as well

Dec 4, 2009
The Crown Prince participates in Climate Consortium and ATP's international investor conference at the Radisson SAS Royal Hotel in Copenhagen at 8:25

Click here to read Frederiks speech at the conference

December 9
The Crown Princess is present at the fashion industry's Nordic Summit Fashion Summit in the Royal Theater opera house in Holmen, Copenhagen at
16.35​
Crown Princess of participants in events related to Fashion Summit in Copenhagen City Hall at 20:10

Fashion Summit
Copenhagen Opera House, Ekvipagemestervej 10, Cph K; Wednesday 11:00-18:00
Without a doubt, this is the fashion event of COP15. Devoted to inspiring sustainability and social responsibility in the fashion industry, the Fashion Summit is going to take place concurrently with the climate summit. All beauty and hair products will be accounted for by Aveda, the leading producer of botanically-derived hair and skin care. With Aveda keeping the models green and gorgeous, they shall take to the catwalk to enthrall 500 guests. The best piece of sustainable fashion will then receive an award at the end, presented by Princess Mary. - Source

Dec 16, 2009

The regent couple, the Crown Prince, Crown Princess, Prince Joachim, PrincessMarie and Princess Benedikte attend the gala at the royal theater in connection with the UN Climate Change Conference COP 15 pm. 20:00.

The official site of the Royal family and Crown Princely couple doesn't mention their attendance.

Josette :flowers:

The grandest royal affair on the program should certainly be the closing dinner for Heads of State and government leaders at Christiansborg on December 17.

I presume that 'Heads of State' includes the attendance of foreign monarchs; has a guestlist been published yet, or have the websites of other Eoyal Houses already confirmed the attendance of foreign Royals?

The guest list hasn't been published yet. It is possible that we will see one on the DRF website one day or so before the event. I'm not sure about any of the other royal websites.

Prince Frederik will have several events in connection with this event, there will be a reception at the palace held by Frederik & Mary.

Attending
Crown Prince Charles
Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden
Crown Prince Haakon of Norway

Dec 12, 2009
The Crown Prince attends the opening of the exhibition Bright Green in Forum at 10:00

http://www.kongehuset.no/c28554/kalenderpost/liste.html?strukt_tid=28554
His Royal Highness The Crown Prince attends the opening of the Bright Green Exhibition in Copenhagen (10:00)
From Kongehuset.no

Today, Crown Princess Mary will attend today the Nordic fashion Association "Fashion Summit" in the Opera House in Copenhagen, in conecction with COP15

Google Traductor

Info on the Nodic Fashion Association and the Fashion Summit events
NORDIC FASHION ASSOCIATION - NFA Frontpage
Design competition challenging the strongest talent in the new gen Nordic designers to design two sustainable outfits.
The competition will culminate in a runway show and an announcement of the winner at the Fashion Summit. The Award will be presented by Crown Princess Mary

Last edited:
so innovative, this is such a good cause to support, innovative sustainable fashion, i'm glad mary got involved. i really hope she can raise awareness on the issue and make a difference to promote the use of more "clean" and environmentally-friendly fashion choices.

Beautiful pictures. Mary did look wonderful at this event.
I like that they can weave everything into a summit on climate change. :)

I also like the idea of environmentally sustainable fashion (among other industries). I would love to see some of the fashions that were shown at the summit.

Mary's speech (in English) at the Nordic Fashion Summit (bottom link). The top link showcases eco-friendly outfits shown at the summit.

Øko-tøj kan godt være trendy - TV 2 Nyhederne

An article about the materials used for eco-friendly fashion shown at the summit. Materials such as corn scraps and milk powder!

Can eco-friendly fashion can be just as stylish? - Wire Entertainment - sacbee.com

She spoke in english. :) She sounds wonderful, but she struggled to get out the word sustainable. Her accent sounds wonderful.

Beautiful pictures. :flowers:

She spoke in english. :) She sounds wonderful, but she struggled to get out the word sustainable. Her accent sounds wonderful.

She struggled more than once, not her best day delivering a speech. When she slipped up for the 3rd time I thought she could have been better prepared.

In general I think Mary is an ok speaker with an appealing voice. She clearly is an OZ girl, her accent makes me smile.

:previous:
Wonderful pictures of Frederik, looks ever so handsome. It's a shame Mary isn't attending more events with him. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

judging from this video i would not say she is the best public speaker - and what is with the remark of not seeing anything? i found it most odd.

that being said, i'm glad she is supporting this cause. it would be really great to expand it to high-end fashion and everyday wear brands and i hope her support helps this happen. maybe she will start wearing eco-fashion from now onwards?

A question, that I bet has been asked before. For what I can undestand swedish, danish and norweigan are very similar languages, something like italian portugese and spanish, but which language do the scandinavian use to talk?

English would be my guess. They all know it and speak it fluently.

judging from this video i would not say she is the best public speaker - and what is with the remark of not seeing anything? i found it most odd.

I didn't find it odd. Probably to do with the lighting from above which when standing underneath, can blind a person from seeing little more than a few feet or so in front of them.

Mary did stumble a little more than I would have anticipated. To me, it seems as though she still gets a little nervous. Endearing on one hand, not an overlly great habit to allow oneself to form when you are a public figure.

I noticed that there was a sentence where she articulated very similar to Frederik; how he pauses either midway or just before his sentences conclude. I'd nip that in the bud.

Last edited by a moderator:
That was my gues too Madame Royale, however I've heard the presentation they were listening in the video was not in english and when Victoria got scaed she used another languange. That is what I asked. Thanks for answering

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom