The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-17-2009, 06:30 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paty View Post
Tow Greenpeace activists come inside Crisntiansborg and showed two banners with the text 'Politicians talk, leaders act' to the cameras

Google Traductor
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucien View Post
I just learned the banquet was disturbed by Greenpeace,a man and a woman had entered Christiansborg Palace,dressed to the
occasion,but unfolded a protest yelling whatever it is they yell and where removed from the Palace.
Yes it was, Paty posted an article earlier about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Royale View Post
Well, the invitation wouldn't have been sent to the Duke of York...

However, as proxy, he attended.
Why not? Do they not recieve personal invitations? Do they go straight to QEII? If so i think thats very silly.

Old 12-17-2009, 07:15 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

Fotogallery from the gala:
Statsmiddag på Christiansborg | www.berlingske.dk

Old 12-17-2009, 08:19 PM
Courtier

Oh! wow a day for President Calderon, captured a drug leader and got to sit next to QM!
Old 12-18-2009, 06:06 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Today, is the finnal day of the conference. Obama already arrived in Copenhagen and he and others liders will speak on global issues at the session. for those interesting to watch here is the live webcast of the conference.
UNFCCC Webcast: Live

Quote:
Originally Posted by avrilo View Post
Oh! wow a day for President Calderon, captured a drug leader and got to sit next to QM!
Yes, and also a couples of days ago he attended the special tv program "The Greatest Debate on Earth". The show was presented by BBC journalist Stephen Sackur and took place at the DR Concert Hall in Copenhagen.
The liders invited were, President Calderon, Prime Minister of Sweden (Currently Sweden is the Presidency of the EU), Prime Minister of Australia, President of Maldives, and the Minister of enviroment of South Africa.

You can watch the whole debate here. (In English) Very interesting debate btw.
http://www.dr.dk/NETTV/Klima%2009/20...20091217223149

Info about it:
http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...-79302977.html

Old 12-18-2009, 06:53 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumutqueen View Post
Why not? Do they not recieve personal invitations? Do they go straight to QEII? If so i think thats very silly.
Quite unlikely. I think it would be negligent to believe the Duke of York was invited over his mother, or even his elder brother for that matter. It's more likely that the Queen asked Andrew to go in her name as her official representative to the Thai court for the celebration. Just as she has done with her cousins and children all her reign. Most recently the Princess Royal's undertaking to Melbourne after the disasterous 'Black Saturday' bushfires in February of this year. She too was asked by her mother to attend in her place.

There appears to be no real familiarity between Andrew and the TRF which could suggest he was the intended recipient of the invitation.

As you youserself say, it is HM prerogative to not attend, and to have no one close to the throne represent her (I mean either her husband or children) would have been quite the snub.

(note: perhaps a mod could move this particular exchange to a more appropriate thread?)

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 12-18-2009, 06:57 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Well, it was Prime Minister, Gordon Brown who attend the dinner in representation of the British Goverment. It would had been extrange to me that Prince Andrew attend instead of the Prime Miniter.

Old 12-18-2009, 08:11 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Well, it was Prime Minister, Gordon Brown who attend the dinner in representation of the British Goverment. It would had been extrange to me that Prince Andrew attend instead of the Prime Miniter.
After all, COP15 is a political gathering of Heads of Government. The Heads of Government would have been the ones invited to the gala dinner as represenatives of thier nations and Heads of State.
Old 12-18-2009, 08:32 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

BB has a picture gallery from last nights dinner
Old 12-18-2009, 03:20 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Indeed.And besides,this thread is not about our beloved Lilybet the Exemplary Most Loved Octaginarian alive,let alone on her advanced age nor Reign nor children.It is about climate change "caused by",ao,her hairspray.And yours...

And Andrew is abroad btw,official business of some sort,I'm sure one of the experts here knoews more in the british thread.Just for the record.
Old 12-19-2009, 04:45 PM
Majesty

So,what a pity.It became a Floppenhagen after all.Sad.
Old 12-19-2009, 05:09 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Yes, quite sad indeed. I feel that our door is closing...

Old 12-20-2009, 07:12 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

The moment world leaders thrashed out the great Copenhagen fudge... over a dish of Viennese Whirls | Mail Online

How sad.
Old 12-20-2009, 07:37 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Yep and he was placed next to Mary. I guess Gordon wasn't happy. He left Britain the way the usually does when it's the big events, indicating the "Gordon will save the world" moment. Well, it didn't happen, probably not his fault, but being seated at the dinner next to a Danish princess certainly wasn't on his mind, rather Hillary, Angela Merkel, Obama or at least Queen Margrethe ...

http://i46.tinypic.com/28717v8.jpg
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...Bq8LV/610x.jpg
Old 12-20-2009, 07:44 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

I don't know... I somehow thought the whole gala banquet thing was not really appropriate. It didn't really fit.
I cannot really explain what it is, but it's somehow ridiculous to see the world leaders attending such a festive event hosted by Royals.
... after all there was nothing to celebrate in the end.

Old 12-20-2009, 08:22 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Yep and he was placed next to Mary. I guess Gordon wasn't happy. He left Britain the way the usually does when it's the big events, indicating the "Gordon will save the world" moment. Well, it didn't happen, probably not his fault, but being seated at the dinner next to a Danish princess certainly wasn't on his mind, rather Hillary, Angela Merkel, Obama or at least Queen Margrethe ...

http://i46.tinypic.com/28717v8.jpg
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...Bq8LV/610x.jpg
God he does indeed look bored.
He should of been happy, The british PM sat next to a princess. Silly man.
Well Gordon has gone home with more climate change problems to deal with.
Old 12-20-2009, 08:34 AM
Heir Presumptive

How could he be happy ; in Copenhagen
Old 12-20-2009, 09:43 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumutqueen View Post
God he does indeed look bored.
He should of been happy, The british PM sat next to a princess. Silly man.
Well Gordon has gone home with more climate change problems to deal with.
I'm fairly sure the photos were taken during the speeches. Everyone is gazing into the middle distance looking slightly bored - not just Gordon Brown.
Old 12-27-2009, 10:53 PM
Courtier

Q Margrethe, P Mary and P Marie all looked exceptional at this dinner.

Pity that the crown princess's dresser / designer aren't a bit more careful about ensuring that the dress length doesn't exceed coat length. P Marie is very careful about details like this and looks more regal as a result. Her entrance with Joachim is very elegant, though still black and that is a pity.