Thomas Kluge's Painting of the Danish Royal Family (2013)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you, Muhler, for all of that excellent detail. It was interesting to read and I found it valuable in helping to more fully appreciate the painting. I laughed at myself when I read that my 'cavalry officer' was, in fact, Gorm the Old, which makes perfect allegorical sense. (Sometimes, I'm just not too bright!)

I understand that it's to be on public display during the winter - but then what? I'd really like to see it sometime but even that couldn't induce me to the northern hemisphere in winter. Do you know what the future plans are, by any chance?

You are welcome, Polly & Polyesco. :)

Yes, I do. In March 2014 it will hang in the Yellow Room at Fredensborg. - Until then it's on public display at Amalienborg.

You will find a picture here (along with a lot of other stuff). Some two-thirds down the page you will see a gallery from inside Fredensborg, the room in question is called "Gule salon". Kontakt - NYHED - Royal

Alternatively look here: http://fotografilia.dk/upload_dir/shop/Fredensborg-slot-interieur-.jpg

Last edited:
To quote Muhler, Billed Bladet mentioned the peeling nail varnish of Queen Margrethe. I'm not sure that BB has got this right; to me it looks more like 'highlights' on a shiny surface! It's one of the most basic tricks in art painting! But at the end of the day you'll have to see the painting up close to determine what it is!

Hopefully I'll be able to see the painting in Copenhagen before it's too late!
Viv

Back
Top Bottom