The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-03-2009, 07:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricarda View Post
According to me?..did I write a word about criminal acts? (quite frankly, your example stinks) Did I say that doing things in open view makes them correct? Did I use the words "correct/incorrect" at all?
No, I didn't (and I never would in connection with smoking or hunting).
And yes, definitely time for agreeing to disagree.
I guess each to their own, I thought your previously stated assumptions stunk as well. So now we are even

Old 12-03-2009, 08:19 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

It is time to stop the above discussion and move on. Further replies will be deleted immediately.

Old 12-04-2009, 03:05 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

BB has a series of pictures of Mary during the hunting trip petting a dog.
The dog owner was suprised that Mary walked up to him and his dogs.
click here
Old 12-07-2009, 12:40 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
BB has a series of pictures of Mary during the hunting trip petting a dog.
The dog owner was suprised that Mary walked up to him and his dogs.
click here
Thank you for this link. The photos were taken at one of the outbuildings of Frederiksborg Castle when the ladies arrived for lunch.

Queen Margrethe , with Mary and several other ladies visited Frederiksborg Castle for an exhibition of it's history in the morning while the men hunted. They met with the hunters for luncheon in one of the outbuildings at Frederiksborg Castle to share luncheon, before going on their way in the afternoon to an Art Museum.
Source: local newspaper.
Old 12-07-2009, 02:47 PM
Courtier

just a suggestion: if this is such a horrible tradition to some, and to other it is just a tradition, maybe someone could write a letter to the court and ask them what indeed is done with all the meat once the hunt is over? Maybe they donate some of it or all of it to shelters, or local restraunts? It's wrong to make the assumption that they go out to hunt just for sport and then do nothing with the meat. I'm sure with the way everyone is today, in support of the enviroment, that they might do such a thing, as keep some and donate the other.
But one will never know unless someone takes the initative to write them and ask.
for me personally, I see no problem with having Christian there viewing the carcassas. That way when he gets older, he will be well informed and can make his own decision on whether he wants to continue this tradition or not. As for me, I do not like hunting, I do not like seeing dead animals, but I do eat meat.
Old 01-12-2010, 04:38 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Pics 12.1.2010

Prince Henrik at the royal hunt in Grib Skov, north
of Copenhagen, Denmark, January 12, 2010:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Billed-Bladet has a video of that:

** Video: Kongejagt med prinsgemalen **
Old 11-16-2010, 05:54 AM
Heir Presumptive

Prince Frederik and Prince Henrik at the royal hunt on Fredensborg Slot in Fredensborg today

PPE Agency
Old 11-16-2010, 07:38 AM
Aristocracy

Meat in a butcher's shop is a necessity for living. The Royal Hunting Party glorifies the act of killing as pleasure and a socially exclusive sport. This is a disgusting celebration of death. The Glucksburgs should be ashamed.
Old 11-16-2010, 07:59 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob2008 View Post
Meat in a butcher's shop is a necessity for living. The Royal Hunting Party glorifies the act of killing as pleasure and a socially exclusive sport. This is a disgusting celebration of death. The Glucksburgs should be ashamed.
I'm not a hunter myself, but hunting is not an issue in DK.
There are around 70.000 licensed hunters in DK. As such most people know someone who is a hunter.

TV show on prime time how hunters stalk, shoot, and slaughter animals (break them up I believe is the term).

The same thing with slaughtering animals on ecological farms. That is shown on prime time TV as well. The killing of animals is not something alien.

The DRF are not out of touch with the rest of the population in that respect. You will see no demonstrators at royal hunts, which would be an obvious thing to do.
The Danish equivalents to PETA work closely with the hunting associations.

The industrialised pigfarms and chickenfarms are an issue in Denmark, but hunting is not.
Old 11-16-2010, 11:00 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
How do you think the meat got to the butcher shop? All meat from hunts are eaten and the animals had a very different life from a domesticated cow that died in a slaughterhouse.
Old 11-16-2010, 11:22 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairy tale View Post
Prince Frederik and Prince Henrik at the royal hunt on Fredensborg Slot in Fredensborg today

PPE Agency
Henrik couldn't dress any worse I guess, those yellow socks are hideous.
They seem to be enjoying the hunt. When is the last hunt of the season? They seem to hunt during the Autumn/Winter days if I am correct?
Old 11-16-2010, 12:46 PM
Serene Highness

I suppose you won't see them in the boots he propably wears during the hunt
Old 11-16-2010, 01:19 PM
Serene Highness

Prince Henrik is always the funny looking man at these sorts of events, I think :) He´s the joker in the DRF
Old 11-16-2010, 01:28 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevinnan View Post
How do you think the meat got to the butcher shop? All meat from hunts are eaten and the animals had a very different life from a domesticated cow that died in a slaughterhouse.
Grandmothers do not dress up and take their grandchildren to see the blood spilling out of the cow lying dead on the slaughterhouse floor.

It is the celebration of deliberate death for pleasure that is so wholly and unutterably offensive.
Old 11-16-2010, 02:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Grandmothers do not dress up and take their grandchildren to see the blood spilling out of the cow lying dead on the slaughterhouse floor.

It is the celebration of deliberate death for pleasure that is so wholly and unutterably offensive.
It may be cultural.

My children, along with a lot of other children, have watched a lion and a whale being disected.
They have seen with their school how lions ate a dead cow.

It wasn't the children who were disgusted, they were fascinated and very interested. It was among the adults you found those who were disgusted.
The only thing that bothered them was the smell, but curiosity quickly overcame that.

If they watch Danish TV, they can fully expect to see a chicken having it's head chopped off, a goat being slaughtered, a wild boar being shot and slaughtered - without any parental guide in advance.

We kill animals and eat them. It's basically only present day children who don't know about the gorey details.
Old 11-16-2010, 03:04 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

Henrik - I doubt it can get any worse. Not only the yellow socks but also the strange tie and the belly squeezed under the belt. It would be fun to see his belly next to Marys and I cant tell who is bigger
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Nov2010/PPE10111607.jpg
And what is happening to Frederik? He looks something between ill and completely worn out
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Nov2010/PPE10111602.jpg

Every year the same discussion about the hunt, I dont have a problem with it when it is done within the rules and the meat will be eaten.
There are royals out there who hunt protected animals whose meat wont be used, just for the fun of it, what is disgusting.
Old 11-16-2010, 03:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
There are royals out there who hunt protected animals whose meat wont be used, just for the fun of it, what is disgusting.
Agree, I see no point in hunting just to get a trophy. - You can do that just as well and repeatedly with a camera. - Hunting with a camera takes a lot of patience and skill as well.

Hunting for food or to cull a population of animals (the only large predators we have in DK are cars) or to finish off a sick animal is perfectly acceptable to me.

I wonder if Frederik has a cold, quite a few people are down with a cold or a mild flu these days.

As for Prince Henrik's dress sense. Well, it's a pity he wasn't around in the 15-1700's, I think he would have felt right at home with the fashion back then!
Old 11-16-2010, 03:58 PM
Serene Highness

Picture details
Is it just me or does P. Henrik incredibly fat in this photo?
Old 11-16-2010, 04:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

Yes they do unless they are out on the hunt themselves.
Old 11-16-2010, 04:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte_Aster View Post
Picture details
Is it just me or does P. Henrik incredibly fat in this photo?
He looks mature and well rounded....

His pondus would have made his peers turn green with envy had he lived 500 years ago.

Tags
royal hunt at fredensborg