The Royal Hunt: 2003, 2005-2014, 2016-2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Stig posted a guestlist of the hunt at the Scandinavian Royals MB:

Prince Henrik (host)

Queen Margrethe

Crown Prince Frederik

Crown Princess Mary

Prince Gustav zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg

Carina Axelsson

Prince Georg Friedrich von Preussen

Fürst Alois Konstantin zu Löwenstein-Wertheim-Rosenberg

Fürstin Anastasia zu Löwenstein-Wertheim-Rosenberg

Fürst Alexander zu Schaumburg-Lippe

Fürstin Nadja Anna zu Schaumburg-Lippe

Prince Carlo of Bourbon Two Sicilies, Duke of Calabria

Princess Camilla of Bourbon Two Sicilies, Duchess of Calabria

Duke Jacques d’Uzès

Prince Ferdinando Ferrara Pignatelli di Strongoli

Baron Paul Hottinguer

Robert de Balkany (ex-husband of Princess Maria Gabriella of Savoy)

Xavier Guerrand-Hermès

Count Ditlev Knuth-Winterfeldt

Laila Graversen

Count Christian Lerche-Lerchenborg, Hofjægermester

Baron Niels Iuel-Brockdorff, Kammerherre, Hofjægermester

Baroness Molise Iuel-Brockdorff

Baron Otto Reedtz-Thott

Baroness Helle Reedtz-Thott

Christian Kjær, Kammerherre, Hofjægermester

Janni Kjær

Fritz Schur

Jesper Bruun Rasmussen

Birthe Bruun Rasmussen

There were a few more guests, whose names I don’t know. Most of them only attended the dinner.

Stig

Ouch poor Carina, having a fingernail removed seems painful. :eek:

I thought the hunt started in December. Good to see Marie attending. Was Mary there today?

Wow time has gotten away from me something fantastic, I didnt realise we'd reached this time ot the year yet!

Marie looks great, no pictures of Mary, the kids, or HM yet though...?

Marie looks nice. I hope we get some Mary+kids pictures soon.

Marie looks really nice, and so does Carina. I'm guessing that the two of them know each other now.

great pictures, i'm glad to see marie spending time with the rest of the family. carina also seems very much integrated and a usual at the royal hunt. both ladies look great. i wonder if mary attended.

Last year there were some pictures taking at night, this time there wasn't!!!! Wasn't Marie cold only with that tiny spring/summer jacket? Where was Mary?

I don't think she was present this year. Maybe someone knows. Userdane perhaps?

I didn't realize that Marie and Carina were so close. It is lovely to see them together. They both look like they are enjoying each other's company.

Courtesy of Muhler at the CPMMB, translated from Billed-Bladet #45:
"It was only Mary who brought Isabella to her first visit to the kindergarten, because Frederik was out hunting. So Mary had to decline an invitation to go to the art museum Louisiana with Queen Margrethe and our Marie."

That's why Mary was not present at the hunt on the 29th

I also think Mary was away doing training with the Home Guard.

Stellad

Mary wasn´t at the hunt because she went wiht Isabella to the kindergarten, according to Billed Bladet.

Is there any pictures of Mary and Isabella at daycare?

It seems weird that Frederik missed the first day at school for her daughter!! He preferred hunting instead of going to the school with Mary and Isabella???

This wasn't Isabella's first day of nursery school. It was a day for her to meet the teachers and other children, to get used to the new surroundings, etc. Isabella is yet to actually start nursery school. But, this isn't the correct thread for this discussion.

This wasn't Isabella's first day of nursery school. It was a day for her to meet the teachers and other children, to get used to the new surroundings, etc. Isabella is yet to actually start nursery school. But, this isn't the correct thread for this discussion.
Ok it's clearer now to me!! thanks for this explanation!

These pictures disturbed me deeply. I know it´s "tradition" in many countries, I also know we eat meat and chicken, etc...but those poor animals, laying there and especially that child touching them. It made me very sad.

I can imagine you do. But you have to remember that these animals had a good life before they were killed, in contrast to the animals that supplied the chickenbreast, porkmeat etc. that you buy at your local supermarket. That is meat from animals that were lucky if they ever saw the sun and were raised on unhealthy food.

I don't know, but the hunting doesn't bother me the way it does others. I see it as a tradition, and in the UK it's a big part of our royal family as well, and really anyone with "old money" has been hunting at least once, whether they liked it or not. So I think it is a personal choice, and those who don't should not force their views on others, just as those who do don't force their views on others.

Crown Prince Frederik, Queen Margrethe, Crown Princess
Mary and Prince Christian at the Royal hunting at Grib Skov
near Fredensborg Castle, Denmark, November 27, 2009.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

** belga **

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom