The Royal Hunt: 2003, 2005-2014, 2016-2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
biboquinhas said:
Maybe because there are people that don't support killing animals for fun!

This is not for fun, someone will eat the animals...Just like at mcDonalds...

Sorry, I have no time for a translation.
But summarizing the article says that Prince Christian liked to stay in his grandfathers arms
(he reached his arms out towards him) and he melted Prince Henrik's heart.
Christian was safe and comfortable in his arms while he looked around at the many guests and the shot animals.

I believe this is the first time we see pictures of Henrik holding his grandson.
He didn't hold him at Margrethe's birthday and he wasn't there at Graasten.

ricarda said:
Sorry, I have no time for a translation.
But summarizing the article says that Prince Christian liked to stay in his grandfathers arms
(he reached his arms out towards him) and he melted Prince Henrik's heart.
Christian was safe and comfortable in his arms while he looked around at the many guests and the shot animals.

I believe this is the first time we see pictures of Henrik holding his grandson.
He didn't hold him at Margrethe's birthday and he wasn't there at Graasten.

thanks Ricarda.
It´s the first time we see pictures of Christian in his grandpa´s arms. Prince Henrik look a great granfather, he´s always so happy when he have Nikolai, Felix or Christian around.:wub:

The Royal Hunt at Fredensborg: 2007-2011

The Royal Hunt party at Fredensborg.

Images from yesterday night, all the Royal Family was present. Nices pics of Prince Cristian
Soren Steffen

Last edited:
The Royal Hunt party at Fredensborg.

Images from yesterday night, all the Royal Family was present. Nices pics of Prince Cristian
Soren Steffen

Lovely to see Christian along with the family, he must of been wondering what was going on & why the deers werent moving:lol: Oh no, Fred's pants should be burnt, he some weird pieces in his closet. Nice to see the family.

....Oh no, Fred's pants should be burnt, he some weird pieces in his closet. Nice to see the family.

Fred's pants are hilarious! :ROFLMAO: He really blends in with the trees in them! :D

Poor dead animals!!
It can be a tradition among the Danish RF, but to me it is cruelty...

Gosh all those dead animals and the little one so near them! To me that is a big big cruelty, I wonder what Mary thinks about this?
Love to see little Christian with that lovely puffy red jacket!

Is it any worse than taking a child into a butcher's shop? that is full of dead animals too.

Gosh all those dead animals and the little one so near them! To me that is a big big cruelty.

Why is it cruelty? Because it isn't neatly packed on a black foam tray with a use by date? I had roast chicken for dinner tonight, I wonder what you had? :flowers:
I'm sure that Christian thought the whole evening was wonderful.

i wouldn't have taken my children to such show, but that's because of personal convictions. in any case, i think we can all agree the fact that christian was touching the dead animals was more than inappropriate. i doubt mary liked that much.

Every time there be a hunting party, conversation turns to what is morally 'right' or what is 'wrong'? It's the same old repitition.

....i think we can all agree the fact that christian was touching the dead animals was more than inappropriate. i doubt mary liked that much.

Noooo, not quite. I for one do not understand why it is inappropriate? I don't want to start a big discussion or anything, but I just don't get this fear of contact with dead things??

Didn't Mary once say she disliked hunting? I wonder how she felt seeing all those animals?:ermm:

Little Christian looked so adorable! I suppose Isabella is too small for this still.

It is the image that shocks me! To see the face of the animal, to hunt just for sport, not to hunt to eat, not hunting because they need to eat to be alive. That's how nature must be and to me it doesn't sound like it is the case.
No Christian should't be there to see that inappropriate show

Hunting is a tradition of most Royal Houses and therefore as well a tradition of the Danish Royal House. The Danes do it quite publicly (and so do the Brits), others don't, the members of those royal families often prefer to travel to other countries in order to enjoy their passion away from the public eye (eg the Spanish). Whether you like it or not it will be part of your life if you marry into a royal family (sorry Mary, that's part of the package) or grow up in a royal family (I am sure Christian will become a keen hunter).

I don't see a problem in hunting as long as there is some sense in it (protection of the forests or eating the meat of the hunted animal) and the rules of hunting are respected; I am absolutely gutted to hear about members of any royal family who will hunt protected or endangered animals :eek: - sadly this still happens from time to time.

It is the image that shocks me! To see the face of the animal, to hunt just for sport, not to hunt to eat, not hunting because they need to eat to be alive. That's how nature must be and to me it doesn't sound like it is the case.

The DRF do indeed eat what they hunt and fish, so it isn't just for the sport. :flowers:

I personally found the images disturbing not just because the animals are dead but because Christian was touching them. However whether we like it or not this is Christian's future, it has been in his family for years.
I personally disagree with unnecessary hunting for sport but that is just my personal opinion. I wouldn't get any enjoyment or "sport" from killing an unsuspecting creature

Well, I grew up as the daughter of a hunter. I often saw dead animals. I think that real hunters (who do that to protect the forrest etc.) respect the animals. They hunt them in a forest or on a field, they do not kill an animal that lived all his life in a cage! That is the difference for me. I accept and respect hunters while I cannot respect people who practise large-scale livestock farming.

BTW: While I write this, my cat is lying next to me on my desk, the other one sleeping in my bed. I love animals and I have had animals (cats, dogs, rabbits and a deer) for all my life. So: Seeing dead animals as a child does not harm a child when it is also taught to love and respect animals. Hunting is something normal - or what do you think, where did our ancestors get their meat from?

Last edited:
Oh I hate hunting so much .. But oh well, it's tradition, right ? So we can't really blame them for still doing it.
Frederik's pants :ohmy: They should be burned! Jesus ..

Christian is so cute with his little apple in his hand. Mary looked great I must say!

IBL Bildbyrå | 0435 44 07 65
More, really good, pictures here.

Mary looked very stylish for a hunt ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
To everyone who says ...don't touch the dead animal... How do you meat meat? Steaks are usually dead by the time they hit the plate.

I think there is a difference in touching meat and in touching an animal that just has been shot dead.

I wonder why these royals are so keen on sticking to their hunting, it certainly is very bad PR, remember the Queen of England breaking the neck of a bird et all? Is hunting in Denmark still considered rather normal? In my own country there are usually action groups protesting every now and then against hunting and agaiinst the RF hunting. But as the Danish RF does it so openly I gather that in Denmark the hunt is not as much of an issue?

And I agree it is a tradition et all, but traditions change over time. A century ago it was a tradition in royal circles to strickly marry royalty, that certainly has changed over the years too ;).

That they actually take a small kid to see the spoils of their hunt and thus are probably teaching him that it is fun to kill animals (sure they eat the animals, but still they hunt for fun, it would be much cheaper to get some meat from the local supermarket than to organise such a hunting party) is rather telling, in a way that they don't see that there is anything wrong with it and just pass their fascinatioin in killing animals to the next generation.

What I find curious is how willing the new wives of these crownprices are to comply and attend these things. Most of them are modern girls who culturally would have problems with the killing of animals, but here Mary is...with her son! Mind you, she is not the only one, Maxima went looking too and I suppose other ladies are doing the same thing. In overall very disappointing.

That they actually take a small kid to see the spoils of their hunt and thus are probably teaching him that it is fun to kill animals (sure they eat the animals, but still they hunt for fun, it would be much cheaper to get some meat from the local supermarket than to organise such a hunting party) is rather telling, in a way that they don't see that there is anything wrong with it and just pass their fascinatioin in killing animals to the next generation.

I don't want to start a discussion here but there is much more about hunting than killing animals for fun. Thousands of people hunt and it does serve a purpose, has always done. Whether the hunting attitude of the DRF is respectful or not I don't know but it's much too easy and very ignorant to condemn this type of hunting as an old fashioned royal tradition that urgently needs to change.

Sure, some people hunt because they have it as a job to keep the population of animals at a certain levels, others hunt because they have to provide in a living and getting meat that way is doing so, but the rich people of this world don't do it for those reasons, so as far as I can see there is only one reason left: fun.

Why is it ignorant to ask for the royal hunt to stop? It is a perfectly normal thing to believe and many people do so. Not only the royal hunt btw.

Sure, some people hunt because they have it as a job to keep the population of animals at a certain levels, others hunt because they have to provide in a living and getting meat that way is doing so, but the rich people of this world don't do it for those reasons, so as far as I can see there is only one reason left: fun.

I think we might have misunderstood each other. I meant that hunting is not equal to killing animals for fun. Whether the DRF is able to live up to this standard I cannot judge.

Why is it ignorant to ask for the royal hunt to stop? It is a perfectly normal thing to believe and many people do so.

I meant hunting in general and there should be no difference between royals hunting and average people hunting. I found it ignorant to say that hunting is just killing animals for fun, simply because it's not true. Killing animals is only one of many facettes of hunting and if it's done for fun there is something seriously wrong with the hunter.

I TOTALLY agree with you
Christian is a kid !!! he must go to the park, play with his toys, go to de zoo... is a KID!!
He shouldn't be there to see that poor animals:ermm:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom