The Royal Hunt: 2003, 2005-2014, 2016-2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alexandria

Heir Apparent
Country
Canada
www.ibl.se - 19 November 2003 - Frederiksborg Castle from left to right: His Royal Highness Prince Henrik of Denmark, Prince Philippe de Liechtenstein, His Royal Highness Archduke Lorenz drom Austria-Este, Duke of Aremberg, and the gamekeeper.

www.ibl.se - 19 November 2003 - Frederiksborg Castle - His Royal highness Prince Henrik of Denmark hunting in Frederiksborg.

www.ibl.se - 19 November 2003 - Frederiksborg Castle - His Royal highness Prince Henrik of Denmark hunting in Frederiksborg.

Not exactly royalty, but in-laws of royalty ...

www.ibl.se - Fredensborg Castle, main courtyard: Count and Countess Etienne of Monpezat at a royal hunting gathering. 11/19/2003.

www.ibl.se - Fredensborg Castle - His Royal Highness Prince Henrik of Denmark and his tekel dog Evita. 11/19/2003.

www.ibl.se - Royal hunting at Fredensborg Castle. 11/19/2003.

www.ibl.se - Royal hunting at Fredensborg Castle. Prince Henrik and Crown Prince Frederik. 11/19/2003.

Attachments

• 291.jpg
    291.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 3,069
  • 291a.jpg
    291a.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 3,055
  • 291b.jpg
    291b.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 3,028
  • 291c.jpg
    291c.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 3,043
  • 291d.jpg
    291d.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 3,025
  • 291e.jpg
    291e.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 3,025
  • count.jpg
    count.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 3,126
  • 292.jpg
    292.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 3,056
  • 292a.jpg
    292a.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 3,056
  • 292b.jpg
    292b.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 3,032
Last edited by a moderator:
www.ibl.se - Royal hunting at Fredensborg Castle - His Royal Highness Prince Henrik of Denmark with Princesse Marie-Gabrielle of Savoie. 11/19/2003.

www.ibl.se - Royal hunting at Fredensborg castle - His Royal Highness Prince Henrik of Denmark, Count Etienne of Monpezat and Princess Marie-Gabrielle of Savoie 11/19/2003

www.ibl.se - Royal hunting at Fredensborg castle - His Royal Highness Prince Henrik of Denmark, Baron and Baronness Otto Reedtz-Thott (yellow umbrella). 11/19/2003

www.ibl.se - Royal hunting at Fredensborg castle - His Royal Highness Prince Henrik of Denmark, Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark, Michel of Habsbourg-Lorraine. 11/19/2003

www.ibl.se - Royal hunting at Fredensborg Castle - His Royal Highness Prince Henrik of Denmark, Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark, Michel of Habsbourg-Lorraine. 11/19/2003

www.ibl.se - Royal hunting at Frederiksborg Castle - His Royal Highness Prince Henrik of Denmark, Duchess from d'Arembourg, Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark leaving for the hunting. 11/19/2003

www.ibl.se - Royal hunting at Frederiksborg Castle - His Royal Highness Prince Henrik of Denmark, Duchess from d'Arembourg, Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark leaving for the hunting. 11/19/2003

www.ibl.se - Royal hunting at Frederiksborg Castle. Arrivals for the lunch: Her Majesty Queen Margrethe of Denmark. 11/19/2003

www.ibl.se - Royal hunting at Frederiksborg Castle. Arrivals for the lunch: Prince Henrik of Denmark. 11/19/2003

www.ibl.se - Royal hunting at Frederiksborg Castle. Arrivals for the lunch: Prince Henrik of Denmark. 11/19/2003

www.ibl.se - QUEEN MARGRETHE II 100 YEARS JUBILEE CHRISTMAS STAMPS DESIGNED BY QUEEN MARGRETHE II, COPENHAGEN, DENMARK - 03 NOV 2003 DANISH HOLDING WRAPPED GIFT PRESENT

Attachments

• 292c.jpg
    292c.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 2,835
  • 292d.jpg
    292d.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 2,822
  • 292e.jpg
    292e.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 2,817
  • 292f.jpg
    292f.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 2,857
  • 292g.jpg
    292g.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 2,895
  • 294a.jpg
    294a.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 2,829
  • 294.jpg
    294.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 2,899
  • 297.jpg
    297.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 2,824
  • 298.jpg
    298.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 2,834
  • 298a.jpg
    298a.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 2,828
  • 364.jpg
    364.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 2,793
Alexandria  Posted: Nov 20th, 2003 - 8:17 pm

These hunting towers are common to Europe and Eastern Canada.

From someone brought up on the West Coast, it seems to me to be the lazy-man's perch, of getting an overview on the terrain.

On another note .... hunting when it rains ... they can have it, not my style. Sloshing through woods dripping with wet ... sodden clothes ..... yuck. I'd rather join the ladies inside for a headstart on the hot toddy :)

I am quite confused, they were hunting in Fredensborg but went to Fredericksborg to have lunch or they also hunted in Fredericksborg?? :)

How come Prince Joachim and Princess Alexandra weren't there??

Marie-Gabrielle de Savoie-Carignan (princesse, d'Italie)
24 Feb 1940 - ____
TITLE: princesse, d'Italie

BIRTH: 24 Feb 1940
Father: Humbert II de Savoie-Carignan
Mother: Marie-José de Belgique

She was married to Robert Zellinger de Balkany.
MARRIAGE: 22 Jun 1969
DIVORCE: 1990

today, from http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2005/11/25/danishroyals/

frederiktit.gif

Crown Prince Frederik took time out from nappy duty to join Queen Margarethe and Prince Henrik at a recent country sporting event. Leaving wife Mary behind with their five-week-old son, who has yet to be named, the royal turned up for the annual Grib Skov hunt just outside the Danish capital Copenhagen...

although i like seeing pictures of the royals, i totally hate this kind of hunting tradition... ugh,.... :mad: :mad:

anyway, here are some more photos from topfoto
(be careful, some photos are totally 'so cruel' !)

TOPFOTO 25TH. NOVEMBER 2005 Prince Consort Henrik had invited 16 fellow-hunters to a shooting-party at Gribskov near Fredensborg Castle, also Crown Prince Frederik took part in the hunt, where twenty head of game were brought down Prince Consort Henrik's dog Vega inspects the game.

Attachments

• danishroyals-dop1a.jpg
    danishroyals-dop1a.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 2,738
  • danishroyals-dop2a.jpg
    danishroyals-dop2a.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 2,940
  • 0950225.jpg
    0950225.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 799
  • 0950226.jpg
    0950226.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 783
  • 0950227.jpg
    0950227.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 610
  • 0950228.jpg
    0950228.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 718
  • 0950229.jpg
    0950229.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 819
  • 0950230.jpg
    0950230.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 714
As long as they eat the meat, I don't mind.

bet you mary was glad she didnt have to go,

i am really disgusted by all of this hunting traditions from royals.

thanks for the links, love the photo of mary and christian in front of the fire.
what is mary wearing in the danish royal watchers photos in the first photo getting out of the car! it looks like a suit jacket and skirt, but theres only half a skirt, the front half is red silk. strange look in the photo, just wondered if there was another shot for a better look.

How cute (and stylish :rolleyes: ) Christian is!
In the new pictures he looks so much like his mum! And Henrik looks like a real proud grandfather! :)

Thanks for the pics...Looks like a wonderful hunt.

I wonder why they have a problem with it over at royal watchers...?

I just love the picture where little Christian look to his grandfather.

Funny you should mention the Royal Watchers...I was suprised too by their comments on hunting.
I mean, I would personally never be able to do it but...I dont think they're doing anything inhumane or drastic.
But i guess this is off topic. Sorry:flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers:

And yes, Christian is unbelievably cute...
(wonder how Mary's tummy is doing? Damn winterjackets:wub: )

Ohhh! Christian is getting cuter and cuter! :wub: I love what he's wearing.

Christian is adorable. And his cheeks, they are like little muffins...he's gorgeous!

I for one don't have a problem with hunting and am glade to see this tradition being upheld within Danish society :)

At the hunt, HRH Crown Prince Frederik, when asked what his wife thought of hunting, replied,

”Of course my wife has gone hunting with me, and she has taken it well. But I don’t think it’s ‘her thing’. Definitely not hunting for ‘Bambis’. Women feel sorry for them. Also, it doesn’t look good in a woman’s eyes if the deer does not die with the report, but staggers a bit and needs another bullet. The Crown Princess does not like that.”

Source: TV2 VIP (in Danish)

/Lasse

Tricota said:
Thanks for the pics...Looks like a wonderful hunt.

I wonder why they have a problem with it over at royal watchers...?

Maybe because there are people that don't support killing animals for fun!

Lasse Pedersen said:
At the hunt, HRH Crown Prince Frederik, when asked what his wife thought of hunting, replied,

”Of course my wife has gone hunting with me, and she has taken it well. But I don’t think it’s ‘her thing’. Definitely not hunting for ‘Bambis’. Women feel sorry for them. Also, it doesn’t look good in a woman’s eyes if the deer does not die with the report, but staggers a bit and needs another bullet. The Crown Princess does not like that.”

/Lasse

I've always thought Mary to appreciate the tradition for which it stands, yet, remains rather impartial to the 'sport' ;) :)

Thanks, Lasse.

Lasse Pedersen said:

”Of course my wife has gone hunting with me, and she has taken it well. But I don’t think it’s ‘her thing’. Definitely not hunting for ‘Bambis’. AND FOR FREDERICK DOES HE LIKE HUNTING FOR BAMBIS????Women feel sorry for them.AND MAN DON'T FEEL SORRY FOR THEM?also, it doesn’t look good in a woman’s eyes if the deer does not die with the report, but staggers a bit and needs another bullet. THIS COMMENT IS REALLY REALLY DISGUSTING, to me this royal family as really gone down in my consideration with this kind of comments! Prince Frederick should think before he speaks

/Lasse
Prince Frederick has

Frederik isn't being disgusting, he's being truthful, biboquinhas :)

A quality I'm sure the Danish people would want and expect of a future King.

Ok you are right, he's being truthful, but IMO he should't say such things, it's so cruel

I guess it really boils down to whether or not you have grown up with this type of sport.

Christian looks adorable in his little warm outfit

What cute pictures!!! Christian looks adorable in his snowsuit.

suss 2 said:
Makes you want to hug him, doesn't he?

yes, he is an adorable little child. It'll be good to see him around anothe child

Christian looks very cute !!It's beautifull to see how Mary looks to her soon...the look is so tender!...

Bambi was a "child" deer and you can't hunt those. Adults are the ones that get shot. Hunting doesn't mean shooting every thing in sight (for the majority, a few hunters aren't the ethical). It means waiting, patience, and food if something is shot.

Back
Top Bottom