The Royal Guardsmen, Home Guard, Military Anniversaries

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Paty

Heir Apparent
City
Madrid
Country
Spain
The Royal Guardsmen's 350 Anniversary

On the occasion of the Royal Guardsmen's 350 Anniversary the Danish Royal Family attend the Celebrations.

Friday 27 June 2008
The Royal Family are present at Tattoo at Rosenborg Parade Ground
(I dont know what mean "tatto" may be some Danish menber can tell us)
D.K.H. Kronprinsparret - D.K.H. Kronprinsen og Kronprinsessens kalender

Sunday 29 June 2008
The Crown Prince Couple attend celebratory concert with the life Guards Music Corps and the Lifeguards Livgardens Tambour Corps and soloists in Tivoli's Concert Hall.

Monday 30 June 2008
Danish Royal Family, will attend the 350th anniversary of the Royal Life Guard on the 30th June 2008 at the Bella Centre, Copenhagen.

Offical web site
Den Kongelige Livgardes 350 års jubilæum - Information

Here in the Program activities
Den Kongelige Livgardes 350 års jubilæum - Program

Last edited by a moderator:
26/06 Deres Kongelige Højheder Prins Joachim og Prinsesse Marie deltager ved Rosenborg Tattoo på Rosenborg Eksercerplads kl. 21.00 i anledning af Den Kongelige Livgardes 350-års jubilæum.

On June 26th, Prince Joachim and Princess Marie will attend the Rosenborg Tattoo at the Rosenborg Parade Ground at 21.00

Kongehuset - Aktuelt - Kalender

I dont know what mean "tatto" may be some Danish menber can tell us
It is a military drum performance

Military tattoo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Tattoo på Rosenborg
Fredag 27. juni 2008 kl. 21:00
Kronprinsparret overværer Rosenborg Tattoo på Rosenborg Eksercerplads.
Tattoo at Rosenborg
Friday 27 June 2008, 9:00pm
TRH The Crown Prince Couple are present at Tattoo at Rosenborg Parade Ground

Last edited:
Prince Joachim attended yesterday at tatoo at Rosenborg Parade, at this moments are attening Prince Frederik and Princess Mary.

And from TV2
TV 2 Nyhederne

Official web site of Rosenborg Tattoo. In the left of the page there is a short video of the Tattoo and...wow! It´s seems very spectalular!!
Rosenborg Tattoo

Maybe that can give you an idea of what is a Tattoo!

Top Secret DrumCorps Basel Tattoo
YouTube - Top Secret DrumCorps Basel Tattoo

Ah, those are great, thanks Jess. I'm looking forward to see more stuff about the anniversary, and if it is anything like Edinburgh Military Tattoo Festival in Scotland, it will not disappoint.:)

Princess Mary looks very nice in all the pictures. She is indeed a very sober and pretty person. After the initial years when she was a bit shy, she is now excited and perfectly comfortable on the events she has to be present.

This outfit is beautiful, IMO. I've always been a fan of red, black and white together.

What great pictures. Mary looked fabolous and I liked the Queens yellow jacket, really stood out. Fred & Joachim all looking chic dressed in uniform.
Didnt marie attened this even a few days back with Joachim, any pi ctures of her?

Marie's attendance at the event was cancelled unforunately dazz :ermm:

Oh, any reason given? I hope this cancelling thing doesnt turn into a habbit:lol:

No reason was given, just like the first event which was cancelled. Odd IMO

According to Danish Royal Watchers Joachim was pressed into saying that Marie had been unwell, this was from when they were in Germany

Well, thank heavens she was able to make it to the French Embassy engagement where she looked positively glowing and very happy.

Even in Berlin, as well as her trip to Geneva for awedding, she looked nice and perky... hmmm what happened?

Poor thing... let's hope she can finally rest for a while so she can regain her health.

I went to see the Tattoo saturday evening. It was simply fantastic. Espacially watching The Presidents Guard of Russia. This was the first time ever this guard has made an preformance outside Russia, and in the honour of our queen the music-corps was dressed in the white uniforms. But the Berlin Police Motorcykle Team were amasing as well and so was The Top Secret Drum Corps of Switzerland, The Dutch Pipes and Drums, H.M. the Kings Guard of Norway and The Swedish Army Music-corps. What was the most beautifull though was - when the Danish Royal Guard was preforming - some ordinary danish soldiers came on stage and as they marched - The Danish Music Corps played the tune, that is alwayes played in memory of soldiers lost - and everybody rose as one single trumpeter was playing from the Tower of Rosenborg Castle.

Knowing that 4 soldiers of this Corps has died in Afghanistan during the last two years - this was a very emotional moment.

The tattoo ended with fireworks having Rosenborg Castle as its setting - very beautiful.

And I saw the Queen, The Prince Consort and Princess Benedikte. Actually I was only sitting about 5 meters away from them.

A wonderfull evening indeed.:flowers:

Last edited:
What Ranks do the Crown Prince his brother and Father hold in the Royal Guard?

Princess Mary looks very nice in all the pictures. She is indeed a very sober and pretty person. After the initial years when she was a bit shy, she is now excited and perfectly comfortable on the events she has to be present.

This outfit is beautiful, IMO. I've always been a fan of red, black and white together.

I agree. Mary looked so fantastic at this event. It sounds like everyone enjoyed themselves.

Tonight the Roya Family attended celebratory concert with the life Guards Music Corps and the Lifeguards Livgardens Tambour Corps and soloists in Tivoli's Concert Hall. 19:30h Photo Gallery from BT

Why isn't Frederik wearing his Guardsmen suit like Joachim/Count Ingolf? :ermm: Apart from that, it looks like the entire family was awaiting some good times as they were entering for the Tattoo

Gallery from Getty

Last edited:
Why isn't Frederik wearing his Guardsmen suit like Joachim/Count Ingolf? :ermm: Apart from that, it looks like the entire family was awaiting some good times as they were entering for the Tattoo

Gallery from Getty

Very impressed by Marie's dress. It's appropriate, chic, the right length, not decolletage, the colour suits her very well… and she doesn't look like she's been shopping her clothes at Føtex (the appropriate American equivalent would probably be a step up from Wal-Mart) - like Se & Hør accused Joachim and her of. :rolleyes:

Frederik and Joachim are also wearing the medals. Anyone know what they are for?

For all those wondering about the medal Mary and Marie are wearing (myself included), it isn't a medal per se, it is an "admission ticket" - like those worn at Ascot - for the day's festivities :) **Many thanks to ambiDK at CPMMB for the info

I love the photo of the two princesses chatting. It must be nice for Mary to have the company as she attends so many engagements alone. :flowers:

Mary looks great.
Good to see that they have quite nice relationships on these photos.

I love this look on her the whole summer she has actually worn clothes that I have wanted for my own well done to all her style and to Mary for just being so glamorous.

Back
Top Bottom