The Prince of Wales & The Duchess of Cornwall visit Denmark: March 24-27, 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It looks like Marie is the woman in blue on the left of Joachim.

It looks like Marie is the woman in blue on the left of Joachim.
She is; you can see a bit of Marie in this picture.
I have to say, so far I like Camilla's ensemble most. She does look quite stunning. :)

Last edited:
Last edited:
Artemisia's link works fine for me.

Everyone looks well, not sure about QMII's necklace with that dress. QMII suits the sleeker, slimmer fit, I don't see why she wears so many dresses with the kind of full skirts that Queen Victoria would recognise. She's got a good figure, she should make the most of it.

Both Charles and Camilla looked like they were fond of meeting Sofie Gråbøl :ROFLMAO:

Half an hour ago, while the royals were enjoying the dinner a minor fire broke out in the basement. Brand p Amalienborg under festmiddag - TV 2 Nyhederne
It turned out that a service lift had overheated and triggered the firealarm.
The firebrigade was soon there and dealt with the situation, which was very trivial.
The guests continued their dinner undisturbed a couple of floors up.

There must be something with the firealarms at Amalienborg and the BRF.
When will and Kate visited last year, a firealarm also went off during their lunch. - Perhaps a poltergeist is at play? :p

Notice the guards in the background of this clip. As always when an alarm is sounded, the guards are up in arms.

ADDED: More from BT: http://www.bt.dk/danmark/alarm-brand-paa-amalienborg
No less than four firealarms were triggered. Three fire engines were dispatched. Smoke and minor flames had erupted. The fire captain, decided it wasn't necessary to alarm, let alone disturb the guests.
While the dinner continued, the windows were opened for ventilation and to remove the smell of the smoke.

Last edited:
I wonder if Camilla got to see one of Sarah Lund's famous jumpers up close? That would've been a nifty gift.

Goodness me another fire with visitors close by. As you say a poltergeist or maybe a Gremlin at work here. Ha Ha. Prss Benedikte looked lovely as always at the gala dinner. I love this room it is grand without a lot of gilt. Mary could have worn her wedding tiara as a diamond necklace.

A great video of the royals welcoming guests, thanks to Stig on the SRMB.

Player

Some fine reporting on the tour from the British media. :bang: :whistling:

@RoyalReporter: After all the hours of planning and diplomacy, the royal tour finally makes page 1 with Camilla's ice cream moustache. t.co/OecbsJzH

There was an interesting comparison between Frederik and Charles in their capacities as heirs. Apart from the age cap their roles is very different indeed agreed the royal experts.
Prince Charles have more than 400 protections, most of them charities. That is not so much the tradition here in DK. - The state takes care of that.
But in contrast to the BRF, the DRF, not least Frederik, is used extensively as door openers for Danish commerce. Working very closely with Danish trade delegations at official visits.
Another contrast which was pointed out is that M&F are extremely popular here in DK, and while QMII is immensely respected, a large segement of the Danes would M&F to take over, tomorrow or earlier if possible.
While in Britain a large segment of the Britons are not that eager for C&C to take over.

:p

thank you Muhler. I enjoy reading the comparisons, different countries have different roles for their royals.

I think Frederik and Mary are doing a great job in Denmark and for Denmark. and that is what matters

Enjoyed the video of the arrivals and have to say some of the curtsies by the ladies look quite comical even though they are trying hard. I am sure I would look quite comical too trying to curtsey to so many.

thank you Muhler. I enjoy reading the comparisons, different countries have different roles for their royals.

I think Frederik and Mary are doing a great job in Denmark and for Denmark. and that is what matters

You are welcome. :)

I should emphasize that Prince Charles' enormous workload was also mentioned.
Also the fact that PoW was intially seen as a "tree hugging hippie", but now people realise that he was perhaps rather ahead of his time. I understood from the coverage that UK has now really started to focus on ecology. Something Charles has advocated for many years.

I wonder if Camilla got to see one of Sarah Lund's famous jumpers up close? That would've been a nifty gift.

That may still happen.
A little souvenir for Mary and Camilla visiting the filmset today perhaps?

Last edited by a moderator:
And wouldn't you know. Duchess Camilla was presented with a sweather.

The producer, Piv Bernt presented Camilla with a sweather and Mary with a crew jacket.
The visit lasted about an hour.
Sofie Gråbøl and Nikolai Lie Kaas was on the set today and greeted the royals.

On this warm and balmy March day, Frederik and Charles went to the island of Amager, just to the east of Copenhagen city. Here they among many others, met several hundred locals, who were pretty enthusiastic.
Prince Charles has charmed everyone with his interaction with the locals. His abillity to small talk and chat briefly with everyone. - It's so obvious how much routine he has.
Here is a pic and a video: Billed-Bladet - Video: Prins Charles hittede på Amager

The man with the glasses seen walking behind Frederik, is the mayor of Copenhagen, Frank Jensen.

15 degrees C today. It's practically summer.

ADDED: I see Fairy Tale has already posted the pics. :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
That may still happen.
A little souvenir for Mary and Camilla visiting the filmset today perhaps?

I should've put a tenner on that happening.

The sweater presented to Camilla, is it to do with Danish tradition (the print etc)?

The sweater presented to Camilla, is it to do with Danish tradition (the print etc)?

The main character in The Killing, of which Camilla is apparently a fan, wears these woollen jumpers with some pretty loud patterns. It's become the programme's trademark. I've only seen bits of the show but the character is famous for wearing these old fashioned jumpers.

You can even knit your own if you're that way inclined:

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2011-11-18/the-killing-knit-your-own-sarah-lund-jumper

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom