The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-26-2012, 11:32 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by FasterB View Post
I don´t know, I haven´t talked with them today
I have just heard from the organ player and only Charles and Camilla, a lot of securitypeople, courtpeople and photographers were present
But beforehand they were told that the CPC would be present also.

Old 03-26-2012, 11:47 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
I personally would consider it going over the top, donning on the tiaras tonight. For what reason? Charles is CP, its not a state visit and not one of the tiara home events that the DRF usually have.

Not that I wouldnt want to see it but I really dont see it happen. Camilla has only worn a tiara abroad once (at a top class event with HM present) and she seems to avoid it where she can, possibly for image reasons.
I won't be surprised if we won't see tiaras tonight, so far we didn't during this tour and Camilla is not very 'tiaras lover'. But I can also imagine tiaras cause Danish Royal Family like such a events.

Old 03-26-2012, 11:49 AM
Courtier

Camilla and Charles eating ice-cream in Helsingor.
Billed-Bladet - Charles og Camilla spiste is og så Kronborg
Old 03-26-2012, 11:53 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricarda View Post
Camilla and Charles eating ice-cream in Helsingor.
Billed-Bladet - Charles og Camilla spiste is og så Kronborg
I walk by this kiosk every Sunday on my way to the church
Old 03-26-2012, 12:03 PM
Aristocracy

That ice cream cone looks so delicious. I really like that the Prince & Duchess frequently visit local businesses and show such such support for entrepreneurs.
Old 03-26-2012, 12:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

I always love seeing royals do things like eat ice cream, something I consider myself quite good at......About the tiara question.....maybe, maybe not but a nice necklace and brooch wouldn't hurt anyone right?
Old 03-26-2012, 12:13 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by laduchesse View Post
That ice cream cone looks so delicious. I really like that the Prince & Duchess frequently visit local businesses and show such such support for entrepreneurs.
And they taste even better - I´m glad that the kiosk is closed on Sundays when I walk by
Old 03-26-2012, 12:37 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – The Netherlands

It started with a kiss: Charles plants his lips on Denmark's Princess Mary as he lands in Copenhagen with Camilla | Mail Online
Old 03-26-2012, 01:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks, Marika86

The coverage om DR1 has started. It's not a continous coverage.
There will be live footage inside Amalienborg a little later.

There are three guests in the studio, who will comment on the dinner. One of them, a British ex-pat told that she had met C&C at the British embassy. She didn't say when that took place. My guess is last night.

Another guest explained how this visit to Scandinavia is linked to QEII's jubilee: Instead of having a lot of visitors dropping by in UK in order to congratulate QEII, C&C have been dispatched so that the DRF, SRF and NRF can congratulate QEII through them. And that this should be seen as a gesture towards the Scandinavian RF's, as C&C (she said) donøt go on that many official visits. - That is a downright odd explanation in my eyes! It would be equivalent to you and your husband inviting yourselves to visit some of the neighbours of your parents, so that the neighbours can congratulate your parents on their anniversary.... Nah, don't think so! I believe the tree story is much more correct.
Old 03-26-2012, 01:37 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Lovely articles, thank you Marika.
Interesting to read the (overwhelmingly positive) comments as well.

Prince Charles and Camilla took a tour of the Kronborg Castle and the old town.
They visited a local theatre group that is named Prince Hamlet; Shakespeare's famous play was apparently set in Kronborg Castle.

- Charles and Camilla (love this picture)
- Camilla is presented with some flowers
- Charles and Camilla are welcomed to the castle
- Charles and Camilla with Prince Hamlet theatre group members
- Gallery from Daylife

Prince Charles also visited the Danish Rud Rasmussen Furniture Workshop during a guided tour by Marlene la Cour Rasmussen, the great grandchild of the founder Rudolf Rasmussen. While there, he talked to some of the craftsmen.
- Prince Charles
Old 03-26-2012, 01:52 PM
Courtier

Anyone knows where I can watch the gala dinner live?
Old 03-26-2012, 01:55 PM
Royal Highness

I don't think that it's possible outside Denmark. DR1 coverages this event.
Old 03-26-2012, 02:15 PM
Heir Apparent

The coverage continues and in a few moments we will see the guest greeting the DRF and C&C.

The coverage has so far been focusing on Prince Charles, with a balanced and fair portrait of him. Not least his interest in ecology.

Among the guests invited are Sofie Gråbøl, the main actor from the seris The Killing, which some of our UK readers may be familiar with. The Duchess is apparantly an enthusiastic follower of this series and she and Mary will visit the studio where the third series is being filmed right now. However Sofie Gråbøl cannot reveal who the murderor will be in the third season. - She doesn't know.

There was an interesting comparison between Frederik and Charles in their capacities as heirs. Apart from the age cap their roles is very different indeed agreed the royal experts.
Prince Charles have more than 400 protections, most of them charities. That is not so much the tradition here in DK. - The state takes care of that.
But in contrast to the BRF, the DRF, not least Frederik, is used extensively as door openers for Danish commerce. Working very closely with Danish trade delegations at official visits.
Another contrast which was pointed out is that M&F are extremely popular here in DK, and while QMII is immensely respected, a large segement of the Danes would M&F to take over, tomorrow or earlier if possible.
While in Britain a large segment of the Britons are not that eager for C&C to take over.

Alas, no tiaras as far as as I can tell. Medium size bling bling, but no tiaras.

C&C visited a shop in Copenhagen, where they produce handmade furnitures and Prince Charles was presented with a chair. And he had seen the whole process from start to finish.

The greeting has started. Camilla is wearing a medium blue dress. Mary is wearing a deep lilac dress and our Marie a royal blue dress. (I hope the fashionistas will treat me with kindness. That's my best shot at dresses. I can't help it, it's my chromosomes).
Old 03-26-2012, 02:38 PM
Serene Highness

Tonight tonight :

http://www.dr.dk/NR/rdonlyres/DE8E5C..._Charles21.jpg

http://www.dr.dk/Nyheder/Billedserie...3/26184440.htm
Old 03-26-2012, 02:44 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Thank you so much for the picture, Nico!
I absolutely love Camilla's gown; it's easily one of my favourites of the Duchess, as is the wonderful necklace.
Queen Margrethe looks lovely but I wouldn't say I'm particularly fond of her ensemble; all the black lace just doesn't appeal to me.

Such a shame this is another non-tiara event though, I had high hopes for Denmark.
Old 03-26-2012, 02:46 PM
Commoner

Camilla does look great, is that the same necklace that the Countess of Wessex wore to the Swedish royal wedding? Very sad that its a no tiara affair, the distinct lack of bling has been the only negative on this trip!
Old 03-26-2012, 02:50 PM
Serene Highness

And i think this dear Margrethe is wearing her somewhat disturbing golden poppies tonight !
Old 03-26-2012, 02:50 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightningbearer View Post
Camilla does look great, is that the same necklace that the Countess of Wessex wore to the Swedish royal wedding? Very sad that its a no tiara affair, the distinct lack of bling has been the only negative on this trip!
I cannot be certain from the picture, but to me it looks like Camilla is wearing the modern diamond necklace, which is apparently her private property (presumably, she had it before marrying Charles). It could be Sophie's necklace as well though; the general shape is similar.
Old 03-26-2012, 02:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

They don't look the same to me. Sophies looks more antique IMO>
Old 03-26-2012, 03:04 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
she seems to avoid it where she can, possibly for image reasons.
Maybe it just hurts her head? Or if she really has the beginning signs of osteoporosis, as was speculated when her posture became worse over the years, then it's just not good to carry something really heavy above your head?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post
T
Queen Margrethe looks lovely but I wouldn't say I'm particularly fond of her ensemble; all the black lace just doesn't appeal to me.
One can only hope that the Daily Mail will not describe her as 2another Copy-Kate".....