The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-30-2014, 09:49 AM
Royal Highness

Tidning i Australien: drottning Margrethe på väg att avsäga sig tronen… | Svensk Damtidning

Old 09-30-2014, 09:50 AM
Royal Highness

It's official! Our Aussie Queen Mary! : Woman's Day

Old 09-30-2014, 09:54 AM
Heir Presumptive

QMII has been quite vocal about how abdication certainly is not a thing that is done in Denmark. "The tradition in Denmark is that the job as monarch - as Queen in my case - is a job for life". The Australian gossip is nothing but fabrication.

Old 09-30-2014, 09:58 AM
Royal Highness

https://scontent-b-fra.xx.fbcdn.net/...ea&oe=54825D26
Old 09-30-2014, 10:33 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog Real View Post
The report of an abdication has been denied

Royals rubbish Mary rumour as 'nonsense' - The Local

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 10-01-2014, 01:43 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog Real View Post
"Her Royal Highness is waiting to take over the title as the current reinging monarch Queen Margrethe, 74, prepares to pass on the baton to her graceful daughter-in-law due to ill health."

Umm I thought that when the Queen passes on, the 'baton' would be passed to her heir, her SON THE KING, not to the wife of said King.
Old 10-01-2014, 07:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

I took that statement as wishful thinking on the Australian press behalf. I would hope that they realize that Mary will be the consort to the monarch just as Henrik is for Margrethe. If not they're in for a big surprise.
Old 10-01-2014, 09:48 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
I took that statement as wishful thinking on the Australian press behalf. I would hope that they realize that Mary will be the consort to the monarch just as Henrik is for Margrethe. If not they're in for a big surprise.
I don't know, sometimes I don't think they realise the difference between a reigning Queen and a Queen Consort. However as she is 'Our Mary' then yes I think they do wish that she would be the Monarch. This makes me think that if ever we decided to get rid of the Windsors, some sections of the media would be promoting one of Marys younger children to be King/Queen of Australia.
Old 10-01-2014, 10:07 PM
Heir Apparent

This press report is everything to do with the culture of youth and glamour - absolutely nothing to do with the function of Head of State.

Mary seen as a celebrity queen - that's my take on that media rubbish

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 10-01-2014, 10:32 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by fearghas View Post
"Her Royal Highness is waiting to take over the title as the current reinging monarch Queen Margrethe, 74, prepares to pass on the baton to her graceful daughter-in-law due to ill health."

Umm I thought that when the Queen passes on, the 'baton' would be passed to her heir, her SON THE KING, not to the wife of said King.
I put it in the same bin that I did the one claiming Queen Elizabeth had ordered a perpetually drunk Camilla to rehab!

And you are quite correct when you question their knowledge of the succession . . . they are utterly clueless and arrogant in their ignorance. The next story to come along to support their "cause" will be Q Margrethe arranged for Mary to marry her son so she can reign seeing as how he's a sandwich short of a picnic. (Hot picnic though)

They've just about, sort of, almost accepted, the fact that Queen Elizabeth will not abicate and name William as her heir! They still haven't quite understood that the the succession isn't like 'Britain's Got Talent' , but rather HM is a spoilsport and won't stand down or better yet, fall off her perch.
Old 10-01-2014, 10:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
I put it in the same bin that I did the one claiming Queen Elizabeth had ordered a perpetually drunk Camilla to rehab!
I saw that one! I thought it was hilarious!

And poor Kate's been pregnant with twin girls for about 13 months now. No wonder she's vomiting.

Is Mary really a big deal in Australia, or are they just trying to sell rags?
Old 10-02-2014, 12:04 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
Is Mary really a big deal in Australia, or are they just trying to sell rags?
She is fairly popular. She's regarded as "our Mary" and because of her we feel a sort of proprietary interest in the Danish Royals. But the magazine is publishing this rubbish to sell rags. There is quite a large market for "Woman's Day" and its rival for that particular market: "New Idea". As far as I'm concerned they're both full of rubbish. They write absurd stuff about the British RF, too.

I cringed when I read that story in the link posted. It is so full of inaccuracies that I am embarrassed for its author.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fearghas View Post
I don't know, sometimes I don't think they realise the difference between a reigning Queen and a Queen Consort. However as she is 'Our Mary' then yes I think they do wish that she would be the Monarch. This makes me think that if ever we decided to get rid of the Windsors, some sections of the media would be promoting one of Marys younger children to be King/Queen of Australia.
Wouldn't surprise me at all! Perhaps "New Idea" will run with that one.
Old 10-02-2014, 05:16 AM
Heir Apparent

I think it's kinda charming that Australia is proud of their "our Mary" and that they follow her, even after ten years with Mary in Denmark as our Crown Princess. But Mary also always remembers her homeland. Mary is lucky, she has two countries where she is "ours". I know from several interviews that both she and Frederik are honored by it. We heard it last year when F&M was visiting the country. I don't think we see it with other royals come from other countries. That some Australian media then is so busy with getting Mary to be Queen that they make their own stories I guess we have to live with. I saw a comment on Woman's Days facebook page which I found quite good: We are proud of her allready - no need to worry dear woman's day.
Old 10-02-2014, 10:30 AM
Nobility

And you are quite correct when you question their knowledge of the succession . . . they are utterly clueless and arrogant in their ignorance. The next story to come along to support their "cause" will be Q Margrethe arranged for Mary to marry her son so she can reign seeing as how he's a sandwich short of a picnic. (Hot picnic though)

Love it! Thanks for starting my day off with a good laugh
Old 10-02-2014, 10:48 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roskilde View Post
[...] I don't think we see it with other royals come from other countries. That some Australian media then is so busy with getting Mary to be Queen that they make their own stories I guess we have to live with. [...]
The Argentinean prensa de corazón (boulevard press) and other periodicals and even newspapers have been busy with inventing the most idiot stories regarding Máxima Zorreguieta Cerruti as well. From the very beginning of her relationship (2001) there have been articles claiming: "Now it is for sure! Máxima will be La Reina!"

Old 10-02-2014, 11:09 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roskilde View Post
Mary is lucky, she has two countries where she is "ours". I know from several interviews that both she and Frederik are honored by it.
Three, really, because they're considered "ours" on Greenland as well. I thought the fact that Mary was being regarded their daughter-in-law on Greenland was so adorable

Old 10-06-2014, 06:49 PM
Royal Highness

Ekstra Bladet - Kvindeblad står fast: Mary bliver snart dronning
Old 03-20-2015, 02:30 PM
Royal Highness

Los rumores de abdicación acechan a Margarita II, ¿reinarán ya Federico y Mary?. Noticias de Casas Reales
Old 12-26-2015, 01:25 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Over Christmas, I was in Copenhagen for the first time and we spent christmas eve in a danish bodega with some Danes and lots of tourists from many different countries.

It was a lot of fun, and later in the evening I couldn't resist asking the Danes next to our table what they thought of the monarchy. Here is what they said (there was no disagreement among them):

- the monarchy is very popular
- Margrethe is very popular. She will not and should not abdicate
- Frederik and Mary are very popular. They will make a great King & Queen
- Henrik is not popular at all. They called him a 'french snob' and the 'french red wine clown'. His 'clown Danish' is terrible because he doesn't bother to learn it properly and he keeps embarrassing and humilitating the Queen (everything has been discussed at length on this forum: I want to be King, fleeing to Cayx like a sullen child, absence on the Queen's birthday). The Danes mentioned every single incident, Henrik-gate it seems to be a popular topic.
- Joachim is not popular either. He's an arrogant snob like his father.
- There seems to be indifference towards Marie (two of the Danes couldn't recall her name) but she's ok as she - like Mary - speeks much better Danish than Henrik.

So these are 'first hand opinions' and I thought they could add to this thread. Merry Christmas!
Old 12-26-2015, 01:50 PM
Royal Highness

Thanks for the comment and information. I like to know the views of the Danish royal family over there.

Tags
crown prince frederik