The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-13-2008, 03:13 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villemann View Post
but I am speaking on behalf of a GROWING number opf Danes!
Once again I simply don't agree with you. If you want to convince me - you have to state some statistical facts made upon scientific acknowledged surveys.

Nobility

No permission needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Royale View Post
And yet, Princess Benedikte devides her time between both Denmark and Germany so it would seem such permission has been granted afterall (?) While it may not be her primary (official) place of residence, she does infact spend a good deal of time in Germany also.
Actually, Princess Benedikte spends a lot of time in Denmark. On average probably two weeks in Denmark every month! No permission has been granted, because her official address is at Amalienborg palace, so no permission is needed.

Heir Apparent

Quote:
Let's end the succession after Joachim and set his sons and Benedikte and Elisabeth free to go and explore the world!
I can see the logic in that. Though perhaps after Nikolai and Felix. As grandchildren of the monarch, I think their place in succession should still be observed.

Quote:
Actually, Princess Benedikte spends a lot of time in Denmark. On average probably two weeks in Denmark every month! No permission has been granted, because her official address is at Amalienborg palace, so no permission is needed.
An equal half, then.

I see. Thank you for replying

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 05-13-2008, 03:16 PM
Nobility

Frede's IOC candidacy and the monarchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilla View Post
Once again I simply don't agree with you. If you want to convince me - you have to state some statistical facts made upon scientific acknowledged surveys.
Well, you will probably NEVER believe me no matter what I write, so I won't bother with your "scientific surveys." Numbers can be used and abused, anyway! If you had followed the recent debate in Denmark concerning CP Frederik's IOC candidacy, you would know, what I am talking about..
Old 05-13-2008, 03:20 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Let's end the succession after Joachim and set his sons and Benedikte and Elisabeth free to go and explore the world
There is not a single thing stopping them from doing that at the moment, there is nothing to stop Christian and Isabella from doing it in the future. All they have to do is just go -
Old 05-13-2008, 03:25 PM
Nobility

Loosing your status

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amelia View Post
There is not a single thing stopping them from doing that at the moment, there is nothing to stop Christian and Isabella from doing it in the future. All they have to do is just go -
Yes, there is. If they want to keep their place in the succession, they have to have the Queen's consent. BUT if they go without her consent, they will loose their status as an heir to the Danish throne - the same way Frederik would have gained a wife, but lost a kingdom if he had persisted, gone against his mother's wishes and married Katja Storkholm.
Old 05-13-2008, 03:25 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Why can she not just be registered in Germany? Because she is part of the Danish succession. Does the monarchy really need her there?
She still functions as "head of state" when Magrete, Frederik and Joachim isn't in Denmark. So she still fills out a role needed - though it isn't as often now, as it was when Frederik and Joakim were of age. During their childhood and youth she had a huge role in Denmark, beeing the only one who could step in as Head of State, when Queen Margeret was abroad. Just kicking her out now "as just another german" would be downright naughty.
Old 05-13-2008, 03:29 PM
Nobility

Quote:
She still functions as "head of state" when Magrete, Frederik and Joachim isn't in Denmark. So she still fills out a role needed - though it isn't as often now, as it was when Frederik and Joakim were of age. During their childhood and youth she had a huge role in Denmark, beeing the only one who could step in as Head of State, when Queen Margeret was abroad. Just kicking her out now "as just another german" would be downright naughty.
"Just another German?" is that suitable in this forum? Are we not to refrain from any racial or national slurs?
Old 05-13-2008, 03:37 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Well, you will probably NEVER believe me no matter what I write, so I won't bother with your "scientific surveys." Numbers can be used and abused, anyway! If you had followed the recent debate in Denmark concerning CP Frederik's IOC candidacy, you would know, what I am talking about..
Living in Denmark I have followed this very interesting debate and I like the idea of Frederik trying to modernise the monarcy - but at the same time this has political implications. Anyway, he would never be allowed to persue this line, if it had not in forhand been accepted and turned inside out by The Ministry of State. The royal house can hartly tip a toe without asking the permission of this minestry. So perhaps you chould bring your well-intentioned advice to them instead.
Old 05-13-2008, 03:38 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Yes, there is. If they want to keep their place in the succession, they have to have the Queen's consent. BUT if they go without her consent, they will loose their status as an heir to the Danish throne
No there's not. They have a choice - be an heir to the throne or not, it all comes down to what is more important to them. They are all free to make that choice.
Old 05-13-2008, 03:42 PM
Courtier

Quote:
"Just another German?" is that suitable in this forum? Are we not to refrain from any racial or national slurs?
Oh, I an sure the german members of this forum (and others for that sake) knows this frase is not ment to be malicious nither to them as individual nor to their charming and beautifull nation
Old 05-13-2008, 03:44 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Living in Denmark I have followed this very interesting debate and I like the idea of Frederik trying to modernise the monarcy - but at the same time this has political implications. Anyway, he would never be allowed to persue this line, if it had not in forhand been accepted and turned inside out by The Ministry of State. The royal house can hartly tip a toe without asking the permission af this minestry. So perhaps you chould bring your well-intentioned advice to them instead.
The only thing - unfortunately - CP Frederik is trying to modernise at the moment is his access to a leisurely life style! The Prime Ministers office has a say and a deciding influence in political matters. The Prime Minister - unfortunately - can not ask the CP of Denmark to pull his fingers out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amelia View Post
No there's not. They have a choice - be an heir to the throne or not, it all comes down to what is more important to them. They are all free to make that choice.
Free? Like in the "Duke of Windsor free," where he got his way, but lost almost all contact with his family?
Old 05-13-2008, 03:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Ladies and Gentlemen,

This is just a small reminder to keep things friendly and neutral, except for your own opinions. Please remember the rules, and if you need reminding, please see my signature.

Emperss - Danish forum moderator
Old 05-13-2008, 03:51 PM
Courtier

Quote:
The only thing - unfortunately - CP Frederik is trying to modernise at the moment is his access to a leisurely life style! The Prime Ministers office has a say and a deciding influence in political matters. The Prime Minister - unfortunately - can not ask the CP of Denmark to pull his fingers out!
Well living in a democracy you can write him a letter telling him, that you think he shouls do so. Just a surgestion as it seem to be quit an issue for you

It is not an issue for me
Old 05-13-2008, 03:56 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Free? Like in the "Duke of Windsor free," where he got his way, but lost almost all contact with his family?
No not like "Duke of Windsor" free as I would hope they would make the choice before they were on the throne - more like Prince Michael free
Old 05-13-2008, 04:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
can not ask the CP of Denmark to pull his fingers out!
I'd like to think that if it were of any real concern, that Margrethe, as both mother and the incumbent sovereign, would extend to Frederik her concerns.

And let us remain mindful that none of us here, are privy to what is discussed between mother and son.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 05-13-2008, 04:27 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
In the more serious threads around the forum, if someone asserts something that is factual and checkable and someone else asks for backup data, it's the responsibility of the original poster to provide it.

So if you wouldn't mind posting some numbers to back up your claim that the monarchy is increasingly unpopular, as well as identifying the source of those numbers, it would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Quote:
Maybe leave that decision to the form moderators?
Old 05-13-2008, 07:30 PM
Nobility

Wow! 84 posts to this thread in less than 36 hours. Is that a new TRF record?

Not being a Dane I wouldn't hazard to set forth an opinion as to how "most" or a "growing number" of Danes feel about their monarchy or the current monarch.

However I will set forth my opinion that each monarch brings something new to the institution. I'm sure Fred and Mary will do likewise when their turn comes. Change and adaptation come about as each new generation reigns, making the monarchy basically a self-evolving institution.

Those that are eager for their monarchies to catch up to the times need to have a little patience and, not wishing the Queen ill, wait for the "kids" to have a go.

Cat
Old 05-13-2008, 08:54 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCat View Post
Wow! 84 posts to this thread in less than 36 hours. Is that a new TRF record?
You weren't here when Charles and Camilla's engagement was announced, were you? I haven't checked, but I'd be surprised if this thread has grown faster than that one. That was a real experience.
Old 05-13-2008, 09:51 PM
Nobility

Hmmm Join date 12/2007 - Nope, not around for the big Charles and Camilla announcement. Sorry I missed it!!! Is it archived in their subforum?

Cat

Quote:
The only thing - unfortunately - CP Frederik is trying to modernise at the moment is his access to a leisurely life style!
One assumes you also have a link to back this claim or is this merely your opinion?

Cat