The Copenhagen Shootings - Reaction of the Danish RF: February 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Muhler

Imperial Majesty
City
Eastern Jutland
Country
Denmark
Due to the ongoing terrorist attack in Copenhagen and the shootings taking place, DK has now gone into a heightened state of alert.

With at least one gunman on the lose in downtown Copenhagen that means the protection around the DRF will have gone up as well.
Without going into too many details that means there will be a permanent police presence at Amalienborg and Fredensborg, most likely reinforced by additional (professional rather than conscript) guardsmen from the barracks at Rosenborg and/or the main barracks of the Royal Lifeguards Regiment, with more sentries being posted and and additional foot patrols around the palaces, especially in the park next to Fredensborg and in the garden behind M&F's mansion.
It also means that the magazines of the sentries that normally contain three or five rounds will be exchanged with the operational thirty rounds magazines.

Last edited:
Right, with the terror attack hopefully over, it is more than certain that the DRF will attend at least a memorial service for those two civilians killed. Whether they will attend other manifestations that may follow remains to be seen.
It is also not unlikely they will be represented at the funerals of those killed, depending naturally on the wishes of their families.

Mary will IMO go on her scheduled trip to Ethiopia. There is no need for her to cancel, on the contrary I'd say.

Last edited:
Mary will IMO go on her scheduled trip to Ethiopia. There is no need for her to cancel, on the contrary I'd say.

Yes, she should go as scheduled; I'm sure she'll have excellent security.

Sending good thoughts to the people of Denmark - how sad that this has come to your small, peaceful country.

Right, with the terror attack hopefully over, it is more than certain that the DRF will attend at least a memorial service for those two civilians killed. Whether they will attend other manifestations that may follow remains to be seen.
It is also not unlikely they will be represented at the funerals of those killed, depending naturally on the wishes of their families.

Yes. Mary should go on with her trip.
It will be wonderful for the Drf attended but of course respecting the families wishes.
Will the security be increased for the drf

Yes. Mary should go on with her trip.
It will be wonderful for the Drf attended but of course respecting the families wishes.
Will the security be increased for the drf

Presumably.
As long as the state of alert is on the second highest level, there will be some increased security. - Just in case. That means doubling of the PET officers present at events, with additional police officers around.
If Joachim and Marie were to attend an event next week we would probably see police close by for once.
I also believe the number of sentries at Amalienborg and Fredensborg will be increased for at least a few days more.
And when the DRF will attend a memorial service, security will be extra high.

It will actually be more interesting to see what protection Mary will receive in Ethiopia. Since this attack has made headlines worldwide, also in Ethiopia and Mary as a representative for Denmark could be in a slightly increased risk, we might actually see her protection officers from PET being reinforced by the much heavier armed FET agents from the military. Certainly the local police presence will be increased.

I'm not sure if J&M have moved in in their new home, but if that is the case I would consider it more than likely that a police officer is posted outside their house these days. Also because the home of American ambassador is nearby.

H.K.H. Kronprinsen deltager i mindehøjtidelighed kl. 20.00 - Kongehuset

Tonight there will be held a large memorial service for the victims of the weekend's shootings in Copenhagen.

The Royal Court has just announced that Crown Prince Frederik will attend and represent the Danish royal family. Mary traveled last night on a scheduled working visit and has obviously not the opportunity to participate together with him.

Over 20,000 people are expected to attend. It is not a official, but the people's memorial service. They will start near 'Krudttønden' where the first shootings took place and walk hrough the streets to the Jewish Synagogue where the second shooting took place.

The memorial service will be broadcasted live on the two of our major channels.

ADDED:
BT article:
http://www.bt.dk/royale/kronprins-f...n+med+tusindvis+af+almindelige+danskere+vil+K

Last edited:
:previous:Its great that Frederik will attend.
And not just that its an official ceremony but a people's memorial service.

I read in the article that
"Prince Consort breaker for the return journey and stops over in Paris. Here he takes into the Danish Embassy. Since the attacks, hundreds of French people laid flowers in front of the embassy in sympathy with the Danish victims. According to Lene Balleby will Prince Consort together with the Danish ambassador in France also lay flowers."

added:
on the DRF calendar for Henrik
"HRH Prince Consort visits by the Danish Embassy in Paris pm. 17.15 and hold one minute of silence with Ambassador Anne Dorte Riggelsen in respect for the victims of the weekend's shootings in Copenhagen."

Today Frederik visited the police
http://kongehuset.dk/Menu/nyheder/hkh-kronprinsen-besoger-kobenhavns-politigard

Last edited:
Right Polyesco.

Don't know about if there later in the week will be an official ceremony or if tonight's large memorial service will be the only one.

With thousands of people, our future King and our Prime Minister on the streets we certainly can expect a huge security around the evening's memorial service.

That said, when we tommorow morning wake up it's time to move forward. It's sad what has happened and that two innocent people were killed, but again there happens many sad things in the world everyday and we were lucky it wasn't worse. It may sound really hard, but I actually think it's the general attitude of the Danes.

Last edited:
HRH Crown Prince visited earlier today, Monday, February 16, 2015 Copenhagen Police Headquarters.

During the visit the Crown Prince thanked the police for their efforts in connection with the weekend shooting incidents and greeted some of the officers who had been at work.

Tonight at. 20:00 participant Crown Prince in solemn memorial for the victims of the weekend's shootings in the East of Copenhagen pm. 20:00

H.K.H. Kronprinsen besøger Københavns Politigård - Kongehuset

two pictures of Frederik visiting the police headquarters
http://kongehuset.dk/materialemappe/Images/politigard.jpg-2.img
http://kongehuset.dk/materialemappe/Images/politigard1.jpg-2.img

Right Polyesco.

Don't know about if there later in the week will be an official ceremony or if tonight's large memorial service will be the only one.

With thousands of people, our future King and our Prime Minister on the streets we certainly can expect a huge security around the evening's memorial service.

I imagine so.
I just placed on Frederik's current events thread that he visited the Police headquarters. Good in putting the focus on the brave police

Silence for the victims in #cphshooting HJH Prince Henrik and DK ambassador in front of embassy in Paris.

https://twitter.com/RasmusTantholdt/status/567360605527736321/photo/1

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Polyesco,

A very great thing to show up personally and exactly what Frederik is so good to. The police did an excellent job and has received lot of praise for their work.

Glad to see that Frederik was there to thank the police in person.

Frederik will as you know by now attend the National Memorial tonight at 20.00. That's in 30 minutes from now. That event will be shown live on both main public service channels, so you may be able to watch it live.

Anyway, it is IMO very typical that the CP couple (in this case Frederik) handles the more spontaneous events like this and in direct contact with ordinary people. While the Regent Couple no doubt will head more solemn events like burials or religious services.
It remains to be seen whether Joachim and Marie will join Frederik or whether they will attend a religious service later on.

Frederik will as you know by now attend the National Memorial tonight at 20.00. That's in 30 minutes from now. That event will be shown live on both main public service channels, so you may be able to watch it live.

Anyway, it is IMO very typical that the CP couple (in this case Frederik) handles the more spontaneous events like this and in direct contact with ordinary people. While the Regent Couple no doubt will head more solemn events like burials or religious services.
It remains to be seen whether Joachim and Marie will join Frederik or whether they will attend a religious service later on.

Agreed. and makes perfect sense.
It will be great if Joachim and Marie can join us well.

this is impressive
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B9_MDTjIYAA5OfN.jpg
https://vine.co/v/OxZO6eA5VWK

Last edited:
The first song to be song at the service is an iconic song during WWII: Man binder os på mund og hånd - They tie our mouth and hand (- but they cannot tie down our spirit. - No one is a captive when the spirit is free).
It was song at countless public events during the Occupation.

Indeed.

I watchs it now. Thousands of people. Frederik and the Prime Minister among the people.

One minute of silence.

Screenshot from my TV

Attachments

• 10997382_418461591646432_3585209911548381218_n.jpg
    10997382_418461591646432_3585209911548381218_n.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 1,226
  • 8305400-mindehjtidelighed.jpg
    8305400-mindehjtidelighed.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 425
Last edited:
Thanks Polyesco,

A very great thing to show up personally and exactly what Frederik is so good to. The police did an excellent job and has received lot of praise for their work.

Agreed. The police have done a wonderful job.
And Im glad that even if was a private visit, some pictures and information were placed on the DRF website. :flowers:

Also, the King of Sweden has sent his condolences.

Some pictures from ppe-agency of Frederik at the ceremony today
http://ppe-agency.com/500px/Feb2015/PPE150216121.jpg
http://ppe-agency.com/500px/Feb2015/PPE150216124.jpg
http://ppe-agency.com/500px/Feb2015/PPE150216123.jpg
http://ppe-agency.com/500px/Feb2015/PPE150216133.jpg
http://ppe-agency.com/500px/Feb2015/PPE150216131.jpg

Mange tak Muhler. It was reported that the Copenhagen shootings were a 'copycat' for the Paris atrocity; I am comforted that the reaction of the people of Copenhagen is also similar to what happened in Paris. I would not be surprised if similar gatherings were held throughout Denmark, just as was the case throughout France. Jeg er Kobenhaven! (I hope I got the Danish correct!):flowers:

As you know Frederik yesterday evening attended the large beautiful memorial service in Copenhagen among 40,000 Danes. And that's exactly what makes Frederik so hugely loved and respected. He is the people's man. Maybe it's a Danish thing, but to see 'our top' mingle with the people is something we value very highly. And maybe especially at such an occasion like yesterday.

On Facebook it's clear. I think I would like to share a few of them which are liked and shared thousands of times:

So far 41,000+ likes and it's just a post from a ordinary Dane:
"This is my future King - totally calm (in Danish it means being down to earth), no need to stand in the first row, nothing special - he's just there to help supporting his and my country. It's a lovely picture - I'm so proud of him, of me, of my country and of all of us."
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...=a.89937574360.72253.770459360&type=1&theater

From Politiken (may be one of our most serious newspapers)
https://www.facebook.com/politiken/posts/10153597840433294

One more (borrowing my screenshot I see, hmm)
https://www.facebook.com/2352278166...41828.235227816664642/349121981941891/?type=1

Some of the comments which have recieved the most likes:

"We have a fantastic Queen, but the Crown Prince becomes King of my time. Exalted above all of us like a King should be. And when the case demands it he is just one of us. An ordinary citizen among his people who is deeply saddened by this horror. The Crown Prince Couple certainly leads a needed modernity into the royal family."

"There are not many countries where the Crown Prince/Crown Prince Couple in that extent can be a part of the common population. And this is precisely what we must cherish. Safety and unity."

"He has always had my full support. Damn, he is the country worthy. They become a folksy King and Queen."

ADDED:

A BB video of Frederik and the 40,000 Danes attending the memorial service with John Lennons "Imagine" being sung:
VIDEO: Kronprins Frederik og danskerne rørt over de dræbte | Billed Bladet

And now it's time to move forward, and live and work as before. As our PM said in her speech yesterday: We must be careful that the reactions do not become overreactions.

I couldn't agree more!

Last edited:
Mange tak Muhler. It was reported that the Copenhagen shootings were a 'copycat' for the Paris atrocity; I am comforted that the reaction of the people of Copenhagen is also similar to what happened in Paris. I would not be surprised if similar gatherings were held throughout Denmark, just as was the case throughout France. Jeg er Kobenhaven! (I hope I got the Danish correct!):flowers:

Thank you, Gerry.

Yes, there were quite a number of ceremonies all over the country yesterday.

And Roskilde indeed has a point in regards to Frederik. This is one of the moments when the DRF and royalty in general serves it's most important function: To be a rallying or focus point in a time of crisis.

Beautiful gathering. Times like these in history truly do make a country stronger. My thoughts are with all the Danes at this time.

Also, for the first time, in these pictures, I can see Cp Frederick as the future King. For some reason, before, I could only really see him as a man trying to look the part, but like I said I can see the future King in him with these pictures.

I saw the coverage of the vigil on the BBC News last night, and I was very impressed with the crowds. I also thought the same about the crowds in Paris.

I agree, it was great that Frederik attended, and also that Prince Henrik paid his respects at the memorial at the Danish Embassy in Paris. Queen Margrethe also released a statement following the shootings (I'm not sure if her statement has been posted, but it was released on kongehuset.dk).

My goodness...truly does capture the heartbreak.

Back
Top Bottom