The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-11-2011, 05:34 PM
Gentry

I didn't think that they looked surprised as to hearing the Queen talk about their trip next year. I'm sure they heard about it beforehand

Old 05-11-2011, 05:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
What a pity. Did you forget to rename each screen shot?

The bandeau you talk about, is that the brooch from Russia? I ask because I have no idea what a bandeau is.

Mary's tiara. The new pearls are they the row of pearls along the the bridge, I believe it's called? Or are they the ones set on a kind of spike? Are these "spikes" new also?

FasterB. I noticed Mary, when QMII mentioned thay are going to Korea next year. All her antennaes were out! - Or she was suprised too, as you suggest.
Only the pearls are a new addition to the tiara Muhler. It looks great I think

Would have looked better if the base was better placed amongst the hair and not ontop. Other than that what a great surprise.

I wonder if the pearls are a recent present? Possibly for the birth of Josephine and Vincent?

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 05-11-2011, 05:53 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danish_Royalist View Post
I didn't think that they looked surprised as to hearing the Queen talk about their trip next year. I'm sure they heard about it beforehand
Of course they knew beforehand, but I still think they looked surprised
Old 05-11-2011, 06:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks for the info, FasterB & Madame Royale

Goodnight.
Old 05-11-2011, 06:46 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler
Okay, I watched the summary from the gala dinner.

(..)
Is there video of the dinner??
Old 05-11-2011, 06:59 PM
Gentry

DR NU

I don't know if you'll be able to watch this. It's from DR1's website. If you can, then go to 24mins, that's when the DRF enter
Old 05-11-2011, 07:26 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danish_Royalist View Post
DR NU

I don't know if you'll be able to watch this. It's from DR1's website. If you can, then go to 24mins, that's when the DRF enter
Yup, I got it. Thanks so much!!!
Old 05-12-2011, 01:31 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

The additional pearls to Mary's tiara was a wise choice, they match her earrings perfectly. I loved her overall look.
Marie should try wearing color rather than sticking to whites for evening looks.

Great a trip for the CP couple next year, im looking forward to that.
Old 05-12-2011, 02:03 AM
Heir Apparent

Someone PM'ed me about the woman standing behind the Korean first lady and as others may have had the same thought I'll answer it here.

The Korean looking woman in the red uniform does not belong to the Korean delegation, she is employed by the DRF and her title is "livrist" = a personal servant. The man in the dark uniform standing behind QMII, is a "jæger" = hunter. Which is also a personal attendant, just higer ranking than a livrist.
Back to the lady in red. She is an adoptee from Korea and have a typical Danish name, Mette (Can't remember her last name).
She is by the way this first female livrist employed by the DRF. She must now have been employed for several years as I've seen her many times.

Oh, if you thought they were rocking while standing there behind the Regent Couple/Presidential couple, you are right. An old trick familiar to all soldiers, they do that to avoid fainting.
I mention that because surprisingly many are not familiar with that trick.

(Hope that answered your question).
Old 05-12-2011, 02:17 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Picture gallery without watermarks.

Video from the gala dinner and another

Queen's speech in English
Old 05-12-2011, 03:09 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Here's a very nice gallery with yesterday's pics from ppe:

** ppe gallery - May 11, 2011 **

And two from Billed-Bladet:

** Se gallakjolerne fra Fredensborg **

** Kongelig fest på Fredensborg Slot - se billederne **
Old 05-12-2011, 04:59 AM
Serene Highness

Muhler, can you tell me what kind of uniform the lady on the right is wearing?
https://picasaweb.google.com/billedb...39253327104562

And do you know since when Chris Minh Doky is a Ridder af Dannebrogordenen? (I think it is what he is wearing?)
https://picasaweb.google.com/billedb...39317268004146

Who is he again?
https://picasaweb.google.com/billedb...39391083293154
Old 05-12-2011, 05:23 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sternchen View Post
Muhler, can you tell me what kind of uniform the lady on the right is wearing?
https://picasaweb.google.com/billedb...39253327104562

And do you know since when Chris Minh Doky is a Ridder af Dannebrogordenen? (I think it is what he is wearing?)

Who is he again?
https://picasaweb.google.com/billedb...39391083293154
#1. I can tell you what it isn't. It's not a police nor a military uniform. I don't think she belongs to Etaterne = the uniformed branches of the civillian world. (The military is not an Etat, but the police is). She is pretty highly decorated, so I wonder if she is the Danish ambassador to Korea and this is the female version of an "ambassadors uniform". I need her name in order to figure that out.

#2. I don't know. But if we check Ordenskapitlet's website we may figure it out. - That will have to wait a bit though.

#3: That I can answer. That's Per Stig Møller, a former and very competent Minister of Foreign Affairs. He is now Minister of Culture, if I remember correctly. His wife is of Chinese origin. He is Conservative.
Old 05-12-2011, 05:33 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
What a pity. Did you forget to rename each screen shot?

The bandeau you talk about, is that the brooch from Russia? I ask because I have no idea what a bandeau is.
I copied all screen shots into a word document because it is faster. When I turned the pic of Mary into a jpg, I somehow stupidly closed the word doc and ! That happens when you are in a hurry. I just wanted to be the first to post a pic of the new tiara version. Well, it was worthwhile. This morning I found out that my screen shot made it to various forums and blogs.

"Bandeau" is usually used for tiaras that look a bit like a straight band in the hair. It doesn't stand up and doesn't have a peak in the middle like the typical tiaras have. Don't worry, the turquoise bandeau is the only bandeau the DRF has, so that is easy. BTW this piece of jewellery has a daisy motive and Princess Margaret of Connaught received it as a wedding present from her parents. It than came to Danmark with Queen Ingrid.
Old 05-12-2011, 05:42 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sternchen View Post
#2. I don't know. But if we check Ordenskapitlet's website we may figure it out. - That will have to wait a bit though.
Since 16th April 2010

Quote:
#1. I can tell you what it isn't. It's not a police nor a military uniform. I don't think she belongs to Etaterne = the uniformed branches of the civillian world. (The military is not an Etat, but the police is). She is pretty highly decorated, so I wonder if she is the Danish ambassador to Korea and this is the female version of an "ambassadors uniform". I need her name in order to figure that out.
Isn´t she the one and only female "jæger" or is it "kammerherrinde". Oh, there is something about her, which is unsual...
Quote:
#3: That I can answer. That's Per Stig Møller, a former and very competent Minister of Foreign Affairs. He is now Minister of Culture, if I remember correctly. His wife is of Chinese origin. He is Conservative.
Hrm, hrm, hrm, he´s also minister of the church (or what it´s called in english)
Old 05-12-2011, 07:08 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
"Bandeau" is usually used for tiaras that look a bit like a straight band in the hair. It doesn't stand up and doesn't have a peak in the middle like the typical tiaras have. Don't worry, the turquoise bandeau is the only bandeau the DRF has, so that is easy. BTW this piece of jewellery has a daisy motive and Princess Margaret of Connaught received it as a wedding present from her parents. It than came to Danmark with Queen Ingrid.
Thanks, Tillia C

I learned something new today, cool.

Thanks for the date, FasterB
Old 05-12-2011, 07:21 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Thanks, Tillia C

I learned something new today, cool.

Thanks for the date, FasterB
Hehe, you have an incredible knowledge about the DRF and I always enjoy your posts. But you don't seem to know much about their jewellery. But as a guy you are heartily forgiven
Old 05-12-2011, 07:26 AM
Serene Highness

Don't worry, he will soon get the hang of it
Old 05-12-2011, 09:19 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marika86 View Post
MSN Starlounge photogallery from the gala dinner

Mary og Marie til galla på Fredensborg | Starlounge
Thank you, Marika86

Observe and enjoy in the first two pics how Frederik leads Mary in by the correct right arm, as is proper when leading someone as precious as your wife.

Notice how Joachim, being a resourceful gentleman, has improvised a solution to the akward problem of his Marie having to find her seat to her left.
Letting go of your wife, only to have her walking past you in front of you, is hardly graceful. No!
So what does a gentleman do in that situation? Lead his lady in by his, albeit improper, left arm, so that they can split unhindered and gracefully. Stylish!
That's neat improvisation there, Joachim.
Old 05-12-2011, 10:47 AM
Serene Highness

A pity that his wife didn't appreciate it and didn't want to leave his side to find her place