State Visit from Russia to Denmark: April 27-28, 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you, Tarlita.

I bow to your impressive knowledge :flowers:

Here is one more pic of la Marie and her pendant: Billed-Bladet - Marie har arvet Ingrids halsmykke

Thank you Muhler, you always have an interesting way of putting things. ;) I must read up on Danish history tho as it seems interesting. And thank you for the very amusing description of guests.:lol: Quite funny I thought. But that's just my sense of humour.

Now if I can be of help to you. Mary wore the purple coloured Hugo Boss dress worn in 2004 on her first trip to London with Fred.

Prss Marie's pendant is a large diamond surrounded by a row of smaller diamonds with the outer edge of 8 diamonds interspersed with cabochon sapphires and a diamond drop. This was worn by a very young Qu Alexandrine - photo shows her sitting down. So either Christian X gave it to her or it was from her mothers collection the Grand Duchess Anastasia of Russia who was given a sapphire parure from Tsar Alexander III for a wedding gift in 1879 to Friedrich Franz III of Mecklenberg Schwerrin. This piece then passed down to Qu Ingrid and Qu Margrethe now Prss Marie.
Tis my hobby to follow the history behind royal jewels.
Cheers

Actually, the portrait is its own family order. It is separate from the Order of the Elephant. I believe that Mary received it a year or two after she received the Order of the Elephant. I kind of expected Marie to receive one by now, but maybe she'll get one in another year or so.
The portrait that the Queen wears is that of her father. When Frederik becomes King, he will be able to create a family order like the one his mother has created (or maybe it continues, but the reigning monarch is the head of the order). Perhaps we will see Isabella wearing his portrait when she's older.

Here's some basic info from Wikipedia (not always the most accurate, but it has good basic info on this term):
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Family_Orders

Last edited:
sgl if you are referring to my post, i was talking about the pin she wears under neath the brooch of the Ruby Parue. Not the family order on her shoulder. :ermm:

Actually, the portrait is its own family order. It is separate from the Order of the Elephant. I believe that Mary received it a year or two after she received the Order of the Elephant. I kind of expected Marie to receive one by now, but maybe she'll get one in another year or so.
The portrait that the Queen wears is that of her father. When Frederik becomes King, he will be able to create a family order like the one his mother has created (or maybe it continues, but the reigning monarch is the head of the order). Perhaps we will see Isabella wearing his portrait when she's older.

Here's some basic info from Wikipedia (not always the most accurate, but it has good basic info on this term):
Royal Family Order - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Really it is very cool, is it made with diamonds? Really I think we could create our own family order and have our family use a thing like this for special events in the family, it will be fun I think, just we have to think who would be in your family the person like the queen in this case would represent better your own family!!!!!!

sgl if you are referring to my post, i was talking about the pin she wears under neath the brooch of the Ruby Parue. Not the family order on her shoulder. :ermm:

Do you mean the star badge? Or are you talking about something pinned directly on her Elephant Order sash?

Ashelen-I'm not sure, but I think that Mary's family order has pearls and diamonds on the frame. Mette Marit of Norway's family order frame has all diamonds around the edge, but I think Mary's is either pearl and diamond, or all pearl.

Do you mean the star badge? Or are you talking about something pinned directly on her Elephant Order sash?

Ashelen-I'm not sure, but I think that Mary's family order has pearls and diamonds on the frame. Mette Marit of Norway's family order frame has all diamonds around the edge, but I think Mary's is either pearl and diamond, or all pearl.
wow, can you imagine how much it cost????? sometimes I think they use fake things just not to be robbed

Ashelen you may be able to start something new here. Most families have a matriarch or patriarch and wouldn't it be nice if family members wore a pin with that persons portrait on it for anniversaries and other family gatherings. The jewelers would love you for it. And it is a nice way to show that person you care about the dynasty they helped continue. cheers

Based on this photo that you provided, there are four things, other than her tiara, that Mary is wearing.

1. The family order with the portrait of Margrethe II on her shoulder.
2. The Order of the Elephant sash.
3. The Ruby Parure broach.
4. The Order of the Dannebrog Star.

#4 is what I think you're talking about.

Yes, I realize that; however, for the purposes of my question, it is easier to describe him as the man seated next to the Crown Princess. Not everybody can identify by sight the Danish Prime Minister.

But thank you for pointing that out:ermm:

Judging by your post you knew who the man was, so wouldn't it be logical that for the benefit of those reading who may not know who he was, that you would refer to him as the Prime Minister? It's not like we can get him confused with the man on Mary's left, afterall...:)

Also-many people read this site in an effort to learn something about royalty. Not everyone may know the official terms for the items associated with royal orders. A polite, "It is called a badge, medal and ladies' bow, or breast star; not a pin" is much nicer (IMO) than putting quotes around the word the poster used. If you happen to know the correct terms, then please share your knowledge. Do not hold it against another member if he/she does not use the term

With all due respect, there was no need to make an issue where there wasn't one.

I did share my 'knowledge', in the exact same way I'd expect someone else to share theres. My use of italics is to highlight a word or sentence, not an intention. There was nothing rude about my response.

Hold it against a member for not using an exact term? I'm sorry, but you're emphatically incorrect.

4. The Order of the Dannebrog Star.

It is the Order of the Elephant star ;)

Summary of several articles in Billed Bladet #18, 2010.
Written by Ulrik Ulriksen & Henrik Salling.

Now, You can hardly expect a magazine like Billed Bladet to deal with the more political issues in connection with a state visit. – And indeed they didn’t.
In fact they managed to write four articles basically about nothing.

One entire article was devoted to the fact that the various ladies in the DRF recycled their dresses – within one month. Oh goody!
Another article was devoted to the fact that Mary and Marie indeed are sweet, enchanting and presentable. Our reporter Ulrik Ulriksen, who is never at loss for words, managed to outdo himself in his praise of the two Princesses and I quote: - ..Here not only Danish and Russian reporters and photographers could again enjoy Mary and Marie. Also the many paying guests in the old pleasure-garden (Tivoli) looked on gawking and admiring as Denmark’s beautiful Princesses strolled from Nimb over the Lawn into the concert hall. And an hour and a half later they strolled out again to the waiting crown cars (royal cars) at the main entrance of Tivoli.
Rarely has Tivoli been more beautiful. Thanks to among others Crown Princess Mary and Princes Marie”.
(Sorry for the break, had to go and say hello in the big phone in the bathroom). :lol:
I mean, Medvedev and Svetlana Medvedeva were surrounded by no less than 60 security guards, two zillion photographers and a couple of hundred staff members. – Okay, slightly exaggerated I admit. But people would hardly have seen more than a few glimpses of Mary and la Marie, however enchanting they are.
Even a Russian journalist was quoted for saying: “They sure are beautiful, your two Princesses”.

Mary and Svetlana Medvedeva visiting Rosenborg and stuff, only get a few lines.

Okay, Joachim and Marie are fast becoming the favourite couple in Billed Bladet because they continue to supply the mag with cute and idyllic photo-ops, so Henrik Salling, no doubt in an attempt to compete with his meister-at-words, Ulrik Ulriksen, wrote: - Especially Joachim and Princes Marie seemed to enjoy each other to the fullest. (*) Joachim gallantly ensured that Marie at no time was left alone and the love between them lit up and competed with big sea of light in Tivoli. (**)
Ah, come on, Ulrik Ulriksen and Henrik Salling, surely you can do better….;)

We are however also informed that everyone enjoyed a buffet at the restaurant Nimb in Tivoli and that they enjoyed bits from the Bolshoi Theatre, very appreciated by QMII, who is very fond of ballet. That was a part of the return dinner hosted by the Russian guests.
The gentleman sitting next to petite Marie at the gala dinner at Fredensborg was the Russian ambassador to Denmark, Teymouraz Ramishvilli. (Sitting to her left).
President Medvedev and Queen Margrethe seemed to get along fine. Medvedev is apparently a pretty serious man, but during this visit he was relaxed and smiling and even laughed heartily. Both being interested in literature, painting, culture and music no doubt ensured they had a lot in common.

(*) They held hands of course! What did you think I was referring to? You and your dirty minds…:p

(**) And not an eye was dry…:lol:

ADDED: I should perhaps explain that for the first time in five years I was in the situation that there was hardly material enough to write a summary about an event involving the DRF. - And a state visit at that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom