The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #41  
Old 04-13-2016, 03:08 PM
Muhler's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Eastern Jutland, Denmark
Posts: 12,137
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
Oh Dear Lord, the DM states that Mary is the CP of Sweden in the opening paragraph. Obviously someone else wrote the title today.
Indeed. Everybody knows Sweden is the capital city of Oslo.

I'm more puzzled they consider 12 degrees C as chill! Why, you can almost wear a T-shirt today.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 04-13-2016, 03:39 PM
FasterB's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts: 1,430
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Don't they have umbrellas in Northern Zealand?
Nope, Im sorry, we dont do it in umbrellas here in Northern Zealand



EDIT: Now with the right quote :)
__________________

__________________
Where charity and love are, God is there.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 04-13-2016, 03:45 PM
kathia_sophia's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: South, Portugal
Posts: 2,442
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Indeed. Everybody knows Sweden is the capital city of Oslo.

I'm more puzzled they consider 12 degrees C as chill! Why, you can almost wear a T-shirt today.
12C degrees is cold to me. I guess people used to a colder weather will find 12C degrees quite pleasant. But I live in the south of Portugal, and we have a warm weather, and 12C is cold indeed to all of us. Depends on the region you live and what you are used to.
__________________
♫A man is not old until regrets take the place of dreams.♥
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 04-13-2016, 03:48 PM
maria-olivia's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Posts: 5,441
FasterB
I did not write this sentence in this very thread.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 04-13-2016, 03:50 PM
Muhler's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Eastern Jutland, Denmark
Posts: 12,137
A BT gallery: Se billederne: Her ankommer toppen af Danmark til gallamiddag

The DRF and guests: http://a.bt.bmcdn.dk/media/cache/res...70-mexiprs.jpg
http://a.bt.bmcdn.dk/media/cache/res...71-mexiprs.jpg
http://a.bt.bmcdn.dk/media/cache/res...72-mexiprs.jpg
Do we know who the Mexican lady sitting between Joachim and Frederik is?
I see Mary is sitting between PH and Fadbamsen (slang for a cold glass of beer from the tap) aka the PM, Lars Lkke.
http://a.bt.bmcdn.dk/media/cache/res...73-mexiprs.jpg
Benedikte arriving.
http://a.bt.bmcdn.dk/media/cache/res...74-mexiprs.jpg
http://a.bt.bmcdn.dk/media/cache/res...78-mexiprs.jpg
Joachim and our Marie. Notice that Joachim is wearing black shoes. But I'm sure he would like to give in to his inner hippe.
http://a.bt.bmcdn.dk/media/cache/res...79-mexiprs.jpg
Mads Mikkelsen with wife. He is wearing two decorations. One is Danish. What about the other? They said they came directly from Amalienborg, could it be a Mexican decoration?
http://a.bt.bmcdn.dk/media/cache/res...80-mexiprs.jpg
M&F arriving.


Quote:
Originally Posted by kathia_sophia View Post
12C degrees is cold to me. I guess people used to a colder weather will find 12C degrees quite pleasant. But I live in the south of Portugal, and we have a warm weather, and 12C is cold indeed to all of us. Depends on the region you live and what you are used to.
It sure does.

In the summer it's quite normal with a temperature at night at around 12 degrees C and I have often walked several kilometers home from town in my youth, wearing a T-shirt. - Okay, it helps being slightly intoxicated.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 04-13-2016, 03:56 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Torrance, United States
Posts: 4,036
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Indeed. Everybody knows Sweden is the capital city of Oslo.

I'm more puzzled they consider 12 degrees C as chill! Why, you can almost wear a T-shirt today.
Quite right Muhler!!!

Um 12C...I'd been wrapped from head to toe in a parka!!!
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 04-13-2016, 03:59 PM
FasterB's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts: 1,430
Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
FasterB
I did not write this sentence in this very thread.
Sorry, I dont know what happened I have edited the post now
__________________
Where charity and love are, God is there.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 04-13-2016, 04:04 PM
kathia_sophia's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: South, Portugal
Posts: 2,442
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
It sure does.

In the summer it's quite normal with a temperature at night at around 12 degrees C and I have often walked several kilometers home from town in my youth, wearing a T-shirt. - Okay, it helps being slightly intoxicated.
Oh my really? I think we never had 12C at night in the summer. So I suppose if you had 30C during the day on a normal day, you would find it extremelly hot. For me 30C is warm but rather normal temperature. I find extremelly hot close to 40C, but it's not rare to happen (especially in the center of Portugal) neither impossible to withstand
__________________
♫A man is not old until regrets take the place of dreams.♥
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 04-13-2016, 04:21 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: san diego, United States
Posts: 8,110
looks like the first lady got a different slash/order?
http://a.bt.bmcdn.dk/media/cache/res...70-mexiprs.jpg

a few more pics from the dinner
https://images.scribblelive.com/2016...8825e5eebf.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cf8cJSoVAAAnmFY.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cf8cJS5UYAAnrZt.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cf8cJToUYAAwhb2.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
http://a.bt.bmcdn.dk/media/cache/res...71-mexiprs.jpg
http://a.bt.bmcdn.dk/media/cache/res...72-mexiprs.jpg
Do we know who the Mexican lady sitting between Joachim and Frederik is?
i think the lady is the Mexican Minister of Foreign Affairs Claudia Ruiz Massieu Salinas

Another gallery
BILLEDER Ministre, kongelige og kendte til gallamiddag | Nyheder | DR

Crown prince couple
http://asset.dr.dk/imagescaler/?file...bgColor=000000

a great first day.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 04-13-2016, 04:32 PM
Jacknch's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Suffolk, United Kingdom
Posts: 7,189
Details of the menu, music and floral arrangements at the State Dinner:

Menu and music at the State Banquet at Fredensborg Palace | The Danish Monarchy - Front Page
__________________
JACK
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 04-13-2016, 04:34 PM
Muhler's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Eastern Jutland, Denmark
Posts: 12,137
Quote:
Originally Posted by kathia_sophia View Post
Oh my really? I think we never had 12C at night in the summer. So I suppose if you had 30C during the day on a normal day, you would find it extremelly hot. For me 30C is warm but rather normal temperature. I find extremelly hot close to 40C, but it's not rare to happen (especially in the center of Portugal) neither impossible to withstand
At 30 degrees I'm immobilized. At 40 I'd shut myself inside a fridge and refuse to come out!

22 degrees and a slight breeze is perfect for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyesco View Post
looks like the first lady got a different slash/order?
http://a.bt.bmcdn.dk/media/cache/res...70-mexiprs.jpg
It's the Order of Dannebrog. The Grand Commander's Cross I think.


Quote:
Originally Posted by polyesco View Post
i think the lady is the Mexican Minister of Foreign Affairs Claudia Ruiz Massieu Salinas
Thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 04-13-2016, 04:36 PM
An Ard Ri's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: An Iarmh, Ireland
Posts: 22,905
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
Oh Dear Lord, the DM states that Mary is the CP of Sweden in the opening paragraph. Obviously someone else wrote the title today.
I've just noticed that,well spotted and its very chilly in Denmark too!

Is H.M.The Queen wearing a Mexican Order?
__________________

14 May 1643-Death of Louis XIII de France /Louis II de Navarre
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 04-13-2016, 04:46 PM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 10,062
Quote:
Originally Posted by kathia_sophia View Post
Oh my really? I think we never had 12C at night in the summer. So I suppose if you had 30C during the day on a normal day, you would find it extremelly hot. For me 30C is warm but rather normal temperature. I find extremelly hot close to 40C, but it's not rare to happen (especially in the center of Portugal) neither impossible to withstand
In the summer our average is about 35. I wouldn't consider 30 extremely hot. Summer evenings rarely get below 20 here (if the day was in the 30's) unless there is a storm coming in. But when you live in a climate where at least 4 months of the year the temp is -15 and below, plus 12 is quite pleasant. At the end of summer we would be complaining about fall coming and starting to think a jacket if the day temp was 12. But in the spring, after months of bundling up, 12 seems positively warm and time to ditch the layers. I haven't ditched long sleeves just yet but no coat and we are at about 13.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 04-13-2016, 05:05 PM
kathia_sophia's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: South, Portugal
Posts: 2,442
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
In the summer our average is about 35. I wouldn't consider 30 extremely hot. Summer evenings rarely get below 20 here (if the day was in the 30's) unless there is a storm coming in. But when you live in a climate where at least 4 months of the year the temp is -15 and below, plus 12 is quite pleasant. At the end of summer we would be complaining about fall coming and starting to think a jacket if the day temp was 12. But in the spring, after months of bundling up, 12 seems positively warm and time to ditch the layers. I haven't ditched long sleeves just yet but no coat and we are at about 13.
We are all talking about degrees, but 30C with humidity is diferent from 30C from a dry summer. I'm not used to cold, I only live fine with a warm weather be it normal o extremelly hot, either is fine for me. I was in Oslo, Norway two weeks ago, and it was 4C, It was cold and I became sick (even with lots of clothes).
__________________
♫A man is not old until regrets take the place of dreams.♥
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 04-13-2016, 05:20 PM
FasterB's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts: 1,430
Did any danes notice the change when mentioning Prince Henrik? He is no longer called "Prince Consort", but again he is called "Prince Henrik".

Also the website has this change from "Prince Consort" to "His Royal Highness Prince Henrik".
__________________
Where charity and love are, God is there.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 04-13-2016, 05:22 PM
ROYAL NORWAY's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: somewhere, United Kingdom, Norway
Posts: 3,741
Queen Margrethe's speech:
VIDEO Her er hele dronningens tale til den mexicanske prsident | Nyheder | DR
__________________
The Queen is the most wonderful, forgiving, non judgmental person I know. Sarah Ferguson speaking in 2011.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 04-13-2016, 05:27 PM
kathia_sophia's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: South, Portugal
Posts: 2,442
Quote:
Originally Posted by FasterB View Post
Did any danes notice the change when mentioning Prince Henrik? He is no longer called "Prince Consort", but again he is called "Prince Henrik".

Also the website has this change from "Prince Consort" to "His Royal Highness Prince Henrik".
Oh my, I'm not very active lately. But why the change? Can someone explain to me?
__________________
♫A man is not old until regrets take the place of dreams.♥
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 04-13-2016, 06:05 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: san diego, United States
Posts: 8,110
and im pretty sure the DRF are also wearing the Aztec medal along with their slashes. learning new details everyday
http://www.medals.org.uk/mexico/images/mexico003.jpg
http://asset.dr.dk/imagescaler/?file...bgColor=000000

this visit has been very well covered in the Mexican media
Pea Nieto llega a Dinamarca en visita de Estado | El Universal
Arriba EPN a Dinamarca en visita de Estado
Mxico busca detonar relacin bilateral con Dinamarca: EPN
Pea Nieto se rene con la reina Margarita II de Dinamarca

I'll watch the news (mexican and spanish channels) this afternoon/night, but im positive they will be featured as well
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 04-13-2016, 06:11 PM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Middlewich, United Kingdom
Posts: 19,704
Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
I've just noticed that,well spotted and its very chilly in Denmark too!

Is H.M.The Queen wearing a Mexican Order?
Not just HM, Benedikte, Henri, Frederik, Mary, Joachim and Marie are all wearing the Order of the Aztec Eagle. Mexico's highest order.


Quote:
Originally Posted by kathia_sophia View Post
Oh my, I'm not very active lately. But why the change? Can someone explain to me?
This is most likely down to his "retirement" from royal duties.
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 04-13-2016, 08:07 PM
MARG's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Posts: 8,603
Quote:
Originally Posted by wartenberg7 View Post
OMG! They "moved their hands" (?!?)... What's stupid about their (actually very elegant!) outfits?!
I think it means putting their gloves on is a "stupid" thing to do while standing "at attention" during the national anthem. Basically, it is very disrespectful and I was very surprised myself.

Is it possible that the anthems had finished and it was just music being played while the Queen and President inspected the Guard of Honour? Both Mary and Marie seem too well experienced at such events to commit such an obvious faux pas.
__________________

__________________
MARG
"Words ought to be a little wild, for they are assaults of thoughts on the unthinking." - JM Keynes
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
denmark royals, state visit from mexico, state visit to denmark


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dutch State Visit to Mexico: November 3-6, 2009 lucien Dutch Royals 90 11-20-2009 10:48 AM
State Visit from the President of Mexico: March 30-April 2, 2009 lucien British Royals 25 04-02-2009 05:24 PM
Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik's State Visit to Mexico: February 19-21, 2008 Her_Majesty Queen Margrethe II 20 02-23-2008 07:06 PM
State Visit from Mexico to The Netherlands: January 27-28, 2003 Jacqueline Dutch Royals 15 07-28-2005 11:11 AM




Popular Tags
"chinese gordon" aif archie mountbatten-windsor bavaria;house;chef;luitpold;ludwig belgian bonaparte british royal family ceremony christian ix clothes countess of wessex crown prince hussein crown prince hussein's future wife current events cypher dailyfail denmark duchessofsussex duchess of sussex duke of edinburgh duke of sussex extramarital affairs family search forum french royalty friendly city germany greece harry head of the house interesting facts iaki urdangarn jack brooksbank juan carlos kate middleton kiko king meghan markle member northampton osborn patronages prince aymeric prince harry prince nicholas prince of belgium princess princess anne princess beatrice princesses prince william public opinion queen elisabeth queen elizabeth rania of jordan relationship royal royal family sarah ferguson saxony soldier south africa state visit surname tradition trump valois viscount severn wedding wivies



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:28 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019
Jelsoft Enterprises