State Visit from Luxembourg to Denmark: October 20-23, 2003

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hrhcp

Royal Highness
Country
Canada
Glittering Royal Events Message Board

http://members3.boardhost.com/Oranjes/msg/22285.html

Rough translation:

Press Release

State Visit of Their Royal Highnesses the Grand Duke and Grand Duchess to The Royalty of Denmark.

October 17, 2003

On the invitation of Her Majesty the Queen of Denmark, Their Royal Highnesses the Grand Duke and Grand Duchess will arrive in Denmark on October 20, 2003 for a 3 day State Visit. They will be accompanied by Mrs Lydie Polfer, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister for Foreign Affairs and by Mr Henri Grethen, Minister of Economices and Minister of Transport.

The Grand Ducal couple and the Luxembourg delegation will be greeted at Copenhagen Airport on Monday, October 20, 2003 by Her Majesty the Queen and his Royal Highness The Prince Consort as well as by the Crown Prince, Princess Alexandra and Princess Benedikte.

After military honours and presentation of the personalities, the Grand Ducal couple will be driven to Fredensborg Palace for a private meal.

During the afternoon, the Head of State for Luxembourg will be informed about the biotechnology carried out by Novozymes Corporation, a world leader in enzyme production and industrial microorganisms. The program of Her Royal Highness the Grand Duchess will be to visit the celebrated Louisiana musem which has house collections of a number of Danish artists like Robert Jacobsen and Richard Mortensen. It owns also a considerable collection of sculptors (dont 13 œuvres de Giacometti?).

The Grand Ducal couple will take the occasion to discover together the treasures of Frederiksborg Castle, situated about 40 km outside of Copenhagen. Besides the musem, they will visit the chapel of the Order of the Chevalerie which contains the identities of those people admitted to the Order of the Elephant.

A gala dinner will be offered by Her Majesty the Queen in Fredensborg Palace to honour those from Luxembourg who are visiting for the first time.

On Tuesday, October 21, 2003, Their Royal Highnesses the Grand Duke and the Grand Duchess with His Royal Highness the Crown Prince will to to North Jutland where they will visit with the Mayor of Aalborg.

In the meantime, the government members of Luxembourg will visit with their counterparts in Copenhagen. Lydie Polfer, the Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs will visit with Per Stig Moller and the Prime Minister Anders Fogh Rasmussen. She will meet with other parliamentary members of the Danish Foreign Affairs Ministry. Minister Henri Grethen will visit with Mr. Bendt Bendtsen, the Deputy Prime Minister and the Minister of Economics.

The Head of State will take part in brief ceremony with the Mayor at the University of Aalborg with His Royal Highness the Crown Prince. This university has the reputation for political science and the promotion of dialog with regional industry and public authorities with a view of achieving intense cooperation and mutual benefits. At the Faculty of "Engineering and Science", His Royal Highness the Grand Duke will be invited to inaugurate a new research laboratory.

Her Royal Highness the Grand Duchess, in this time, will visit the "Bakkegarden" kindergarden which is considered to be a model for integrating handicapped children.

A museum for art in North Jutland developed by architects Elissa and Alvar Aalto and Jean-Jacques Baruël will also be visited by the Grand Ducal couple. In addition to the permanent collection, this museum presents a temporary exposition of Picasso, who had a long friendship and cooperation with the Norwegian sculptor Carl Nesjar.

After a brief visit to the cultural and commercial center of Aalborg in lieu of a review of the economics and culture, the Grand Ducal couple will return to Copenhagen to debut an evening of the Philharmonic Orchestra of Luxembourg under the direction of Emmanuel Krivine, who will give a concert for the Grand Ducal couple and their Royal Guests. The concert will follow a reception.

On the third day of the State Visit, His Royal Highness the Grand Duke will have an occasion to entertain the President and members of the Danish Parliament. He will address as well the Commercial Confederation of Danish Industry who represent the worldwide danish interests in industry and commerce. Mrs the Deputy Prime Minister Lydie Polfer and Mr. Minister Henri Grethen will also carry out exchanges with representives of the Confederation.

The program of Her Royal Highness the Grand Duchess will take in a visit to the manufacturer of "Royal Copenhagen" porcelain which was founded in May 1755 under the patronage of Queen Juliane Marie.

An official reception with the mayor of Copenhagen will close the officical program of this State Visit.

Before their return to Luxembourg, the Grand Ducal couple accompanied by the Queen and the Prince Consort will go to Odense, to visit and view the exposition where the paintings of Her Majesty the Queen Margarethe II are on show. This exposition presents "Brandts Klaedefabrik", an old method of making clothes.

I have a few comments:
1.) How come Princess Alexandra is in the welcoming committe at the airport?
2.) Is Mary going along to Jutland? Imagine all the photo opportunities?
3.) Any suggestions for corrections to my translation gratefully accepted.

Last edited by a moderator:
Frederiksberg is probably the Swedish translation of borg. Berg means mountain in Swedish it's the Swedish equivalent of "borg"...merm....

I think we need a contribution from paulette .... ie: pictures of "the three castles Fredensborg, Frederiksborg and Frederiksberg".

And, an indication of where each of the 3 castles is located (relative to downtown Amalienborg) :) B)

Polfoto 20-10-2003

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 4,265
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 1,565
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 1,647
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 4,141
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 1,688
So Alexandra is there ´but not Mary, Is it tonight she will take part in the state visit?

www.colourpress.com

#10 the first picture of Mary

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 1,438
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 1,427
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 1,480
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 1,359
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 1,577
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 1,477
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 1,302
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 1,374
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 1,329
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 2,627
Please tell me she didn't get introduced to the Grand Ducal couple wearing pants! If she did, it's a shame, as all the other women were in skirts/dresses

Thanks Josefine for the pictures. Very nice.

It looks skirt to me. The lighting wasn't great.

By the way, why did the CP look awkward with his own wife-to-be? Look at that hand-in-a-pocket gesture. :huh: as oppose to an earlier picture (see page 1) of him and Princess Alexandra. He looked relax and open in that picture. Anybody see what I saw?

Thank you lynnredbug, you're right about the lighting. The dark tights just made it look very pantsish to me (hence my post). I'm hoping for a clearer (better lit!) picture of her and CP Frederik.
But you're right, he does look more at ease w/ Alexandra. Trouble in paradise already?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 1,678
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 758
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 678
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 644
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 30,748
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 712
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 882
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 1,059
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 1,341
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 3,157

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 630
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 6,204
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 4,149
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 1,549
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 1,575
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 1,452
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 3,148
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 653
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 5,575
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 1,717
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 18,785
Looks to me like the fashion selection committee is picking their way through shades of blue that might fit to Mary's skin (that isn't blessed by birth with the olive hue that Alexandra's has). This one would do the trick if there had been a necklace. The engagement dress was darker and didn't do it for me.

Thank you for posting all those pictures, Josefine

I hope you didn't mind, I copied some with sashes and added to the "Sashes from Denmark" topic.

No worries

what do you think about the hair...... I´m not so sure about it
at first I thought about the princess in star wars

Yeah ... and the only one with bare shoulders. Hope the room's not cold.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 3,293
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 3,373
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 2,274
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 2,814
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 2,276
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 1,520
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 4,916
The dress is better but the hair... :blink: ...not so sure about the hair, again. Maybe it's just the angle.

Copyright Imagine Scandinavia

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 709
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 2,972
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 585
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 607
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 603
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 797
Mary looks really good, but the absence of any jewelry whatsoever is rather conspicuous. At least some earrings? I wonder if she was given any jewelry for her engagement?

I have to agree with those of you who have mentioned a lack of jewellery has made the occasion less than glittering for Mary. Some dangly earrings and a beautiful necklace in emerald or ruby would've completed Mary's outfit. And if she didn't have the earrings, at least a nice sparkly necklace. There was something incomplete to her outfit. I liked the dress; simple and elegant with the band of beading at the top. But the hair left much to be desired. It reminded me of the thirties/forties/fifties hair do - and not many people can pull that look off. Princess Grace could've pulled that look off, but not Mary.

Forgot to add that I'm not sure I like Princess Alexandra's hair either. It looks funny with the tiara. Maybe that bun on top of her head would be okay without the tiara, but not with.

It seems to me that the only women who got their hair dos right at this gala dinner were Queen Margrethe and Grand Duchess Maria Teresa.

Polfoto 20-10-2003 Storhertug Henri af Luxembourg og storhertuginde Maria Teresa indledte mandag d. 20. oktober et tre dage langt statsbesøg i Danmark. Storhertug Henri bliver her modtaget i Københavns Lufthavn af dronning Margrethe.

Attachments

• hand_kiss_1.jpg
    hand_kiss_1.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 623
  • kiss.jpg
    kiss.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 639
  • hug.jpg
    hug.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 557
Polfoto 20-10-2003 Statsbesøg fra Luxembourg. Storhertuginde Maria Teresa besøger Louisiana i Humlebæk. Storhertuginde Maria Teresa og museumsinspektør på Louisiana Tove Vejlstrup.

Attachments

• lx_1.jpg
    lx_1.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 425
Polfoto 20-10-2003 Statsbesøg fra Luxembourg. Storhertuginde Maria Teresa besøger Louisiana i Humlebæk. Inspektør på Louisiana Tove Vejlstrup viser storhertuginde Maria Teresa skulpturer lavet af Giacometti.

Attachments

• lx_5.jpg
    lx_5.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 412
Count how many pictures Mary has that pucker mouth going. Perhaps she'll see them herself and stop doing it. That dress was nice, but let her borrow some jewelry.

I have a few questions - in regards to Mary - here that it would be nice to get an apprecation of feedback on, ladies :

1.) The dress, is it teal or on it GREMB it looks green ?

2.) Mary is the only one I see who is wearing a solid color dress .... does this compliment her ?

3.) What is with the absence of jewelry ?
- a necklace would have made imo a plain beauty a beautiful beauty.
- a tiara would have done wonders.

4.) The hair style would have gone well with some jewelry adornments ?

5.) Her dress is not what I would call so very complimentary of her upper body ?

6.) The absence of jewelry and plainish dress .. is that a sign of determined spirit and own budget in the face of advisor's advice ?

Hi!

Thanks for the great pics! Personally, I think Mary's hair and make-up is just too harsh. She needs to soften her look. Perhaps go for a softer hairstyle and more natural make-up. She's an attractive lady, and should highlight her natural beauty. (Not keen on the off the shoulder dress either - would like to see her in something more formal looking)..

Originally posted by King Christian@Oct 20th, 2003 - 7:45 pm
6.) The absence of jewelry and plainish dress .. is that a sign of determined spirit and own budget in the face of advisor's advice ?
That is Mary's statement on display to protest the failure of the royal family to give her any jewels.

Howcome there aren't many Alexandra's photos?? Howcome there are so many Mary's whereas she doesn't even look good?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 1,468
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 1,555
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 1,406
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 836
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 1,585
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 1,566
Originally posted by King Christian@Oct 20th, 2003 - 10:45 pm
1.) The dress, is it teal or on it GREMB it looks green ?

5.) Her dress is not what I would call so very complimentary of her upper body ?
I would say that Mary's dress is emerald green, not teal. Teal would imply more blue. But as they are pictures from various press sources, it's hard to pin point exactly unless you are up close and personal with the dress. Solid colours are less fussy, hence, jewellery would've made a nice accent. Perhaps if the dress had been with a pattern and busy enough, the need for jewellery wouldn't seem to perilous.

Lots of women with smaller upper bodies can pull off strapless dresses, just as long as the dresses are tailored and altered to the woman's body. Mary's dress was a bit too loose at the top, so perhaps there wasn't time to have alterations made?

Alexandria  Posted: Oct 21st, 2003 - 9:59 am

...  just as long as the dresses are tailored and altered to the woman's body. Mary's dress was a bit too loose at the top, so perhaps there wasn't time to have alterations made?

Time ?

Are we confirming here that the dress was bought off the rack ?

The dress would have looked alot better IMHO, if she had some proper undergarments on. It looked like it didn't fit well around the hip area either. That dress could have been altered in time, hey if you can get rush jobs in NW Ohio, I am positive the future CP could have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom