State Visit from Luxembourg to Denmark: October 20-23, 2003

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 432
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 1,288
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 404
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 402
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 1,299
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 382
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 1,203
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 358
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 1,296
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 337
Last edited by a moderator:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 1,414
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 1,715
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 1,626
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 1,216
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 2,001
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 1,425
Looking at Mary in her third dress of one colour, reminds me of the Bernadotte sisters when they first 'came out' ... also in one colour outfits.

... suppose it takes time for the person to become accustomed to a bottomless pocket book (where potentially spectacular dresses are concerned) ?

I think this is her best overall look.
Although I may be in the minority in thinking I liked the green color on her :)

On the occasion of this State Visit, I gather HRH Grand Duke Henri of Luxembourg handed out a grand total of 60 orders and decorations.

I would have to say this is the best outfit I have seen Mary in. It wouldn't hurt her to find designs and patterns that work with her. I like the way she wears her hair and the coat she is wearing looks fabulous! If Mary ever reads any of these posts, I hope she realizes that we criticise her because we like her and we want her to look as good as she possibly can.

Mary looks ok there. I guess she prefers earth tone colors (brown, green, black) rather than energetic colors of Queen Marguerit

I have to agree with those of you who've said the last outfit of Mary's has been her best. Black looks good on most people, and it certainly works for Mary, especially with all that dark hair of her's. Sometimes black can wash out pale people, myself included, but a lot of times it can work for them, too. And I think it does in Mary's case.

Mary and Frederik attended a wedding before their engagement was announced in which she wore a bright pink dress that also looked good with her skin colouring, so perhaps bright colours, like the ones her future mother-in-law favours, could work for Mary, too. Some additional colours that may work for Mary: deep plum or aubergene, burgundy, ruby - all the deep, rich jewel tones, in addition to earth tones.

I think she needs to hook up with some fashion people, who can help her pick out clothes that work well and photograph well. She looked good at the announcement, nice outfit and nice makeup.

Copyright Imagine Scandinavia - Köpenhamn, Danmark. Royal State vistit by the Grand Duke of Luxemburg to Denmark: The return dinner tonight in the Radio Hall in Copenhagen. Seen here: Grand Duke of Luxemburg, Princess Alexandra, Mary Donaldson, Prince Frederik and the Grand Dutches of Luxemburg.

Copyright Imagine Scandinavia - Köpenhamn, Danmark. Royal State vistit by the Grand Duke of Luxemburg to Denmark: The return dinner tonight in the Radio Hall in Copenhagen. Seen here: The Grand Dutchess and Duke of Luxemburg, Queen Margethe and Prince Henrik of Denmark.

Copyright Imagine Scandinavia - Köpenhamn, Danmark. Royal State vistit by the Grand Duke of Luxemburg to Denmark: The return dinner tonight in the Radio Hall in Copenhagen. Seen here: The Grand Dutchess and Duke of Luxemburg, Queen Margethe and Prince Henrik of Denmark.

Copyright Imagine Scandinavia - Köpenhamn, Danmark. Royal State vistit by the Grand Duke of Luxemburg to Denmark: The return dinner tonight in the Radio Hall in Copenhagen Seen here: The Grand Dutchess and Duke of Luxemburg, Queen Margethe and Prince Henrik of Denmark.

Copyright Imagine Scandinavia - Köpenhamn, Danmark. Royal State vistit by the Grand Duke of Luxemburg to Denmark: The return dinner tonight in the Radio Hall in Copenhagen Seen here: Grand Duke of Luxemburg, Princess Alexandra, Mary Donaldson, Prince Frederik and The Grand Dutches of Luxemburg.

Copyright Imagine Scandinavia - Köpenhamn, Danmark. Royal State vistit by the Grand Duke of Luxemburg to Denmark: The return dinner tonight in the Radio Hall in Copenhagen Seen here: Queen Margrethe and the Duke of Luxemburg.

Queen Margrethe always looks like such a grand dame!

Copyright Imagine Scandinavia - Köpenhamn, Danmark. Royal State vistit by the Grand Duke of Luxemburg to Denmark: The return dinner tonight in the Radio Hall in Copenhagen. Seen here: The Grand Dutchess and Duke of Luxemburg.

Copyright Imagine Scandinavia - Aalborg, Danmark. State visit to Denmark and Jyttland by The Grand Duke of Luxemburg. Seen here: Prince Frederik of Denmark.

Copyright Imagine Scandinavia - Aalborg, Danmark. State visit to Denmark and Jyttland by The Grand Duke of Luxemburg. Seen here: Prince Frederik of Denmark.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 1,905
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 516
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 453
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 478
  • 21_Mary_Frederik_dinner_1.jpg
    21_Mary_Frederik_dinner_1.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 3,931
  • 21_margrethe_Lux_1.jpg
    21_margrethe_Lux_1.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 448
  • 21_Grand_20Duke_2.jpg
    21_Grand_20Duke_2.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 348
  • fred_1.jpg
    fred_1.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 404
  • fred_2.jpg
    fred_2.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 518
  • fred_3.jpg
    fred_3.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 455

Copyright Imagine Scandinavia - Aalborg, Danmark. State visit to Denmark and Jyttland by The Grand Duke of Luxemburg. Seen here: Prince Frederik of Denmark together with The Grand Duke and Dutchess of Luxemburg

Copyright Imagine Scandinavia - Aalborg, Danmark. State visit to Denmark and Jyttland by The Grand Duke of Luxemburg. Seen here: The Grand Duke and Dutchess of Luxemburg together with Crown Prince Frederik in the Art Museum

Copyright Imagine Scandinavia - Aalborg, Danmark. State visit to Denmark and Jyttland by The Grand Duke of Luxemburg. Seen here: The Grand Duke and Dutchess of Luxemburg together with Crown Prince Frederik in the Art Museum

Copyright Imagine Scandinavia - Aalborg, Danmark. State visit to Denmark and Jyttland by The Grand Duke of Luxemburg. Seen here: Prince Frederik of Denmark together with the Grand Duke and Dutchess of Luxemburg.

Attachments

• fred_4.jpg
    fred_4.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 362
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 372
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 345
  • 1a.jpg
    1a.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 360
  • 1b.jpg
    1b.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 362
www.ibl.se - A better look at Princess Alexandra and Mary Donaldson's hairdos.

Where was Prince Joachim during this state visit? Is he still in Saudia Arabia?

Copyright Imagine Scandinavia - Aalborg, Danmark. State visit to Denmark and Jyttland by the Grand Duke and Dutchess of Luxemburg.

Seen here: Prince Frederik of Denmark.

Copyright Imagine Scandinavia - Aalborg, Danmark. State visit to Denmark and Jyttland by the Grand Duke and Dutchess of Luxemburg.

Attachments

• IBL_1.jpg
    IBL_1.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 123,915
  • fred_art_1.jpg
    fred_art_1.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 384
  • fred_4.jpg
    fred_4.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 336
  • fred_2.jpg
    fred_2.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 316
  • fred_5.jpg
    fred_5.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 308
Alexandria  Posted: Oct 21st, 2003 - 9:05 pm

Where was Prince Joachim during this state visit? Is he still in Saudia Arabia?

I gather he has moved on, but still in the Middle East.

IBL Bildbyrå

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 1,658
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 5,966
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 2,291
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 4,534
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 1,191
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 740
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 671
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 717
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 746
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 753
Oh Joachim should have been with Alix at the state visit. Alix needs his support!

I really liked Alexandra's hair at this latest dinner. Something about it was so simple and elegant at the same time. Not too much fuss or anything like that. And the bias-cut and layers of her dress were very nice, too.

Copenhagen, Denmark - State Visit of the Grand Duke and Grand Duchess of Luxembourg in Denmark. Coach-ride in Copenhagen infront of Amalienborg Palace.

Copenhagen, Denmark - State Visit of the Grand Duke and Grand Duchess of Luxembourg in Denmark. Coach-ride in Copenhagen infront of Amalienborg Palace.

Copenhagen, Denmark - Statevisit of the Grand Duke and Grand Duchess of Luxembourg in Denmark. Coach-ride in Copenhagen infront of Amalienborg Palace.

Grand Duchess Maria Teresa and Prince Henrik

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 779
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 670
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 661
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 720
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 717
Mary wore pants to last night concert and MT wore a tiara
why was that

Alexandra looked lovely and very appropriate at the concert but Mary in a dressy pant-suit? It looks as though the trousers were velvet but still! She was the only woman wearing dress pants. I think the palace stylists need to rethink Mary's wardrobe.

I'm not sure why MT was wearing a tiara.

Originally posted by Josefine@Oct 22nd, 2003 - 11:41 am
why was that
Maybe there was some confusion about the dress code?

It was like when Sybilla of Luxembourg wore dressy pants to the wedding of Laurent and Claire of Belgium while all the other ladies wore suits. In both Sybilla and Mary's case they were dressy pants, but still, it didn't look quite dressed up enough, espescially with Maria Teresa's ball gown of a dress and her tiara. Queen Margrethe was also pretty dressed up while Alexandra was somewhere in between gala wear and Mary's dressy pants.

Alexandria  Posted: Oct 22nd, 2003 - 3:46 pm

(Josefine @ Oct 22nd, 2003 - 11:41 am)

Maybe there was some confusion about the dress code?

It was like when Sybilla of Luxembourg wore dressy pants to the wedding of Laurent and Claire of Belgium while all the other ladies wore suits. In both Sybilla and Mary's case they were dressy pants, but still, it didn't look quite dressed up enough, espescially with Maria Teresa's ball gown of a dress and her tiara. Queen Margrethe was also pretty dressed up while Alexandra was somewhere in between gala wear and Mary's dressy pants.

How about ... its a case of ... somebody has to be different, and then you can't win for losing ?

Well I think none of the women were on the same page at that concert. I may be the only person that wasn't crazy about Alexandra's dress. I like Mary's outfit, but it may not have been the "right" one.

what's with the orange belt that the Grand Duke is wearing ?

Attachments

• 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 379
what's with the orange belt that the Grand Duke is wearing ?

Attachments

• 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 430
Originally posted by Starr@Oct 22nd, 2003 - 3:21 pm
Well I think none of the women were on the same page at that concert. I may be the only person that wasn't crazy about Alexandra's dress. I like Mary's outfit, but it may not have been the "right" one.
I am not fond of Alexandra's dress either. But both Mary and Alex look fabulous in comparison to that hideous outfit chosen by Maria Theresa. :yuk:

She is a pretty woman. Perhaps we can get her and Mary a 2 for 1 deal with some fashion advisors.

Originally posted by King Christian@Oct 22nd, 2003 - 3:50 pm
How about ... its a case of ... somebody has to be different, and then you can't win for losing ?
One can be different but appropriate at the same time. Being different or unique doesn't exclude being dressed appropriately for an occasion.

For example, at the funeral of Prince Claus most of the royal ladies wore hats of some kind. But Queen Sofia, who does not like wearing hats, did not. However, she didn't wear a tiara or a baseball cap. Queen Sofia was still dressed in black, just without a hat like the other royal ladies and female mourners.

Polfoto 22-10-2003 Officielt besøg af storhertug Henri og storhertuginde Maria Teresa af Luxembourg. Besøg på Christiansborg. Grundloven fremvises af Folketingets Formand Christian Mejdahl (V) for storhertug Henri , i baggrunden står Kaj Ikast (K) og Poul Nødgaard (DF).

Polfoto 22-10-2003 Officielt besøg af storhertug Henri og storhertuginde Maria Teresa af Luxembourg. Besøg på Christiansborg. Storhertug Henri og Folketingets Formand Christian Mejdahl (V) i Samtaleværelset..

Polfoto 22-10-2003 Officielt besøg af storhertug Henri og storhertuginde Maria Teresa af Luxembourg. Besøg på Christiansborg. Storhertug Henri i Samtaleværelset.

Polfoto 22-10-2003 Officielt besøg af storhertug Henri og storhertuginde Maria Teresa af Luxembourg. Storhertug Henri i Mindelunden, København.

Attachments

• henri_1.jpg
    henri_1.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 290
  • henri_2.jpg
    henri_2.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 237
  • henri_3.jpg
    henri_3.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 337
  • henri.jpg
    henri.jpg