State Visit from Greece to Denmark: May 18-20, 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dazzling

Former Moderator
City
-
Country
France
President of the Hellenic Republic, His Excellency Dr. Karolos Papoulias and Mrs. May Panou Papoulia will pay a State Visit to Denmark on 18 – 20 May, 2009. This visit comes after an invitation by HM the Queen and His Royal Highness the Prince Consort.

Source

The following information comes courtesy of marmi:

Program for the State Visit from the Greek President
May 18th:
The Queen and Prince Henrik will receive the Greek President and First Lady at Copenhagen Airport at 16:00. A welcoming ceremony will take place at Fredensborg Palace. The Royal Couple will host a gala banquet at Fredensborg Palace at 22:00.

May 19th:
*Due to Denmark hosting the COP15 Conference in 2009, the main portion of the program for the visitors will be with the focus of climate and energy.*
The Greek President will visit the off-shore windmill park in Middle Ground. A tour of the 'Moutain Dwellings' building in Ørestaden will then take place, followed by the President participating in a Danish business lunch conference at the Confederation of Danish Industries. In the afternoon, the President will visit the Mindelunden Memorial Cemetary. A concert and reception will be held in the evening, at The Danish National Gallery.

May 20th:
A visit to Folketinget (the Danish Parliament) will take place for the President, where he will meet with the Danish Prime Minister. Press statements will conclude the meeting, from both the Greek President and Danish Prime Minister.

The Danish Royal Couple and Crown Princely Couple will participate in various portions of the program.

Source

Official Program of the State Visit (in Danish)

Kongehuset - Aktuelt - Nyheder

Added: Translation

Monday, 18

4:00pm
Arrival of Greek President and his wife at Kastrup Airport, they will be wellcomed by welcomed the Queen, Prince Henrik, the Crown Prince Couple, Prince Joachim and Princess Benedikte.

5:20pm
Arrival at Fredensborg Palace

8:00pm
State Dinner

Tuesday, 19

10:00am
The Greek President, his wife,May Panou Papoulia and the Crown Prince will visit an exhibition about energy held by the Danish Ministri of eviroment.

12:00pm
The Greek President, his wife,May Panou Papoulia and the Crown Prince will visit the building "World of Mountain"

12:55pm
Mrs May Panou Papoulia and the Crown Princess will visit Skodsborg Observations- og Behandlingshjem

14:00pm
Mrs May Panou Papoulia and the Crown Princess will visit the Louisiana Museum of Moderm Art.

8:00pm
The Greek President, Mrs May Panou Papoulia, the Regent Couple and members of the Royal Family will attend a concert of the New Greek Quartet follow of a reception at the Statens Kunst museum.

Wednesday, 20

09:30am
The Presidential couple will be farewell by the Regent Couple at Fredensborg Palace.

10:20am
The Greek Firts Lady will visit the Film City and the Film School, also she will visit the Danish Film Institute.

10:30am
The Greek President will visit the Danish Parliament.

11:30am - 12:30pm
The Greek President will meet with the Danish Prime Minister Lars Løkke Rasmussen at Christiansborg Slot follow of a Press Conference

12:00pm
The Greek Firts Lady will visit Rosenborg Castle.

Last edited:
Thanks for the pictures but no pics of P. Benedikte?
Not suprised P.Marie wont attened. I read on another forum that the royals will receive Greek orders tonight.

Last edited:
Thanks Paty!!!
Which is the color of the dress???

Mary is absolutely gorgeous!!
she's such a lady!!

Can't wait to see the pics from tonight!

Her Majesty was very enthusiastic greeting the First couple of Greece.

It's a pity to know Greece is a republic now. Imagine if Greece was still a monarchy, Queen Margrethe II would meet her own sister!

Mary looks absolutley stunning. What an event this should be. Thank you ever so much Paty for the pictures. And yes itisa shame, when this thread was first opened my mind automatically thought about a visit from the royals. x

Noooo Margrethe not a white t-shirt to a pink dress and coat... :nonono::nonono::nonono:it makes you so pale...if you had chosen perhaps a black or marineblue t-shirt it woud have been so mutch better for you. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

What tiara is the Queen wearing? Mary looks gorgeous!

Sorry, I don't know which order HM Queen Margrethe is wearing!

Prince Henrik and Crown Prince Frederik are wearing the Greek Order of Honour.

Crown Princess Mary is wearing the Greek Order of Beneficence.

I think, His Excellency Dr. Karolos Papoulias is wearing the Danish Order of the Elephant.

Last edited:
I love the purple coat but it needs a light colour for the dress underneath it.

Info and Photos of the Greek Orders and Decorations. The Queen is wearing the same order as Prince Frederik and Prince Consort, The Order of Honour.
Presidency of the Hellenic Republic

The Firts lady of Greece is wearing the Order of the Danneborg

Crown Princess Mary is radient. I believe that is the dress she wore to the wedding of Prince Joachim to Princess Marie

MC hasn't received anything from the Greek State

I know that --- I guess I didn't word my message properly. I should have said that MC was given the Order that QM2 is wearing by Former King Constantine. As you can see from the photo that I posted of MC, both her and Her Majesty are wearing the same order.

Her Majesty loos great.
CP Mary has the same dress she wore at Prince Joachim's wedding to Princess Marie, but with her wedding tiara. I must say it matches her dress better than the ruby tiara!:flowers:

Queen M looked better at the dinner than the arrival, her hat was too weird but its a pitty that her two outfits were in pink.

Princess Benedikte looked really good in her orange dress.

Mary looked lovely, nice to see her recycling the blue dress. I quite liked this picture from the arrival.
Isnt Mary wearing one order only and thats the Greek order? Doesnt she have a Denmark/Danish order thats she also wears?

nice to see pictures of the state visit! they don't seem to happen all that often in denmark, so it's a nice change. it's such a shame that for the one ocassion it happens marie couldn't be there though, it would have been her first state visit (i believe)... we will have to wait til the next time.

i'm quite impressed by the fact mary had the scholarship event and just afterwards she had the reception of the visit and managed to change in the middle!

Article and image gallery from Billed Bladet. Article mainly states basic info, the Rolls Royce they arrived at Fredensborg Palace with is from 1958...

Article and image gallery from Billed Bladet. Article mainly states basic info, the Rolls Royce they arrived at Fredensborg Palace with is from 1958...

Good to see they are still using such an old car. Jess, do you know if the car broke down? In some pictures looks like another car came to get it and people checking it :ermm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom