State Visit from Bulgaria to Denmark: March 29-31, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Princess Mary always manages to look innocently radiant. I've never seen the queen actually wear such a vibrant red before. She looked great by the way.

Larzen said:
Return arrangement Uk Press
I dont think Marys choker goes well with the jacket, it looks crowded.

Agree. It would have been better with no necklace and a pair of prominent earings. I like the dramatic neckline of the jacket and the choker ruined it. The headband look doesn't work for me. It's waaaaaaaaaay too casual. Plus, she's long past the age of wearing headband. She looked like a woman of mid-30s trying to look like a co-ed and it showed. The red gown was a blah the first time she wore it, and it's still a blah now. Plus, it doesn't flatter her figure at all.

I, for one, like Alexandra's white dress better than the blue gala gown. She has worn that gala gown many times before. It shows her curvy figure wonderfully but the design wasn't that interesting. The white dupioni dress was simple, sophisticated and fitting for the occasion. The aqua flower on the shoe was strange however.

Photos from Seeger Press

Attachments

• mary.jpg
    mary.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 247
  • mary1.jpg
    mary1.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 255
i liked alexandra"s white dress. it was a bold fashion move. she took a risk but i think she pulled it off. i wonder if she feels more relaxed attending official functions when her ex is not around?

In my opinion, Crown Princess Mary's outfit with the lovely choker was very appropriate for this evening event - Bulgarian Return Arrangement at 8 pm on March 30, 2006.
smile.gif

Mary looks absolutely beautiful
wub.gif
at this evening event! She looks so young and fresh! I really love the beading on the dress and the cut of the jacket! The headband is a wonderful touch and suits her so well! She looks so radiant and stunning!

Notice how the Crown Princely couple are matching? What a beautiful couple!

Amen

Last edited:
O my God! Alexandra Looks stuning. I love the way she takes of herself even when she is in her 40's. She lokks amazing and truly elegant. Mary to me she looked beaitful, but a little bit girly for my taste. Otherwise very elegant and with great poise.

Mary and Fred radiate happiness. Thank you everyone for the stunning photos.

Mary is dazzling in all the three ocasssions!!! At all pictures she's stunning, specially the one she weares red dress!!!!She and Frederick stell my favorite royal and non-royal couple!!! I hope they happy for ever...

Queen Margrethe looks great in red,
she should have more outfits like this one!!!

beautiful pics

Larzen said:
1-6 Alexandra at the gala from UK Press
7-9 ALexandra at the return arrangement Uk Press

Princess Alexandria is one of my favorate female royals out there. She has elegence, class and committment to humanitarian causes. Even though she's no longer an official Danish Royal, she's still one in my book:)

i think the choker that Mary wears ruined her outfit.. with that kind of cut i think she shouldn't wear any necklace.

I think Pss Alexandra looked absolutely stunning in both the gala outfit and white outfit.

CP Mary was great in the gala but like most members....what was she thinking wearing that lovely choker with the day outfit?!!! Doesn't go well, in fact i think the choker is better suited with a evening gown.

Translation of HM the Queen's speech to HE the President of Bulgaria

I hereby give you my translation of the speech of HM Queen Margrethe II, given in Danish at the gala banquet on March 29 in honour of HE Giorgi Parvanov, the President of the Republic of Bulgaria, and Mrs. Parvanova, his wife, at Amalienborg Palace, Copenhagen:

Mr. President, Mrs. Parvanova,
it is with great joy the Prince Consort and I welcome the President of Bulgaria and Mrs. Parvanova to Denmark today. We both reminisce about our visit to your lovely country, and hope to be able to reciprocate a little of the warm hospitality which met us everywhere during our state visit in Bulgaria in October 2000.
Bulgaria was the first Eastern European country to make formal connections to NATO, and from the very beginning, she participated actively in the co-operation within the guidelines of the Partnership for Peace accord. Therefore, general content prevailed when, in 2004, Bulgaria was welcomed as a valid member of the transatlantic defence alliance, and both before and after that, important Bulgarian contributions have been made to the advancement of security and stability in and outside of Bulgaria. Furthermore, Bulgaria early on sought relations with the European Union. As early as the spring of 1993, Bulgaria entered into partnership with the EU, and an application for membership was given at the end of 1995. In Denmark, we have followed, with respect and admiration, the efforts to obtain full membership in the many intervening years. Considerable support has been given from both the EU and the individual member countries in order to have come so far, that membership is now within reach, and also from Denmark, contributions have been made. But the most significant effort has been that of the Bulgarian society which, despite suffering privations, has been determined to maintain and continue the course of reform, however difficult the changes may seem. It cannot be easy for a society to, in a short amount of time, build so much, and get accustomed to so many new challenges; but it is impressive to see how not least the younger generations have gotten down to the work with energy and enterprise, and I know that the results are already felt everywhere.
During the restructuring of Bulgaria's international orientation, which the political breakthrough entailed, the efforts to obtain full memberships of NATO and the EU have been highly prioritised, and the preparations regarding this have occupied many resources. It is therefore admirable that, parallel herewith, there has been the energy - not least in the course of your presidency, Mr. President - to strongly assert the country in the broader, international collaboration. Thus, your country was elected as member of the United Nations' Security Counsil a couple of years ago, and in 2004, Bulgaria held the presidency of the
Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe. The extensive, Bulgarian involvement is held in general respect.
Since the beginning of the 1990's, many new relations between our countries have arisen. The communication regarding finances and commerce has been increasing steadily; both the international and bilateral collaborations have established many personal contacts, and Bulgaria has become one of the preferred destinations for Danes. We have gotten to know one another! During our visit to Bulgaria, the Prince Consort and I had the opportunity of meeting both the present and the past of the country. The newly unearthed relics of antiquity that we saw, made an immense impression: A past so far away; and yet so tangibly near when you are standing in the Thracian royal tomb at Starosel. Danish researchers are working in close contact with their Bulgarian colleagues, and not many years ago, it was clear that one of our finest treasures from prehistoric Denmark, the great Gundestrup silver vat, must derive from the area at the river Danube which we now know as Bulgaria.
But it is not only the prerogative of researchers to feel drawn to your country, Mr. President. More than 70,000 Danish tourists visited Bulgaria in the year past, attracted by the sunlit shores of the Black Sea. The Danish fascination of the beauty of the Black Sea's shores is not a new phenomenon, I might add. One of our most beautiful stretches of coast is situated by Århus, the city which the President and his wife will visit tomorrow; a very popular resort has carried here, for more than a hundred years, the name of Varna, named by a returned naval captain in enthusiasm about the beautiful Black Sea shore. On his journey up the Danube, Hans Christian Andersen was moved by "the Bulgarian Land" as it was called in that age; one and a half centuries later, he was, so to speak, to return again, as Bulgaria, with great, personal commitment from you, Mrs. Parvanova, participated in the celebration of the 200th anniversary of the fairytale writer's birth.
Mr. President, being a historian, you have, for a very long time, been committed to the welfare of your country, and by virtue of your present, prestigious office, you have contributed to the promotion of respect for your country, for her people and her ancient culture.
In the 75th year of diplomatic connections between Denmark and Bulgaria, I am pleased to see the many personal contacts which are created in these years, in different areas and different levels. They are part of promoting mutual understanding and sound connections between our countries.
Wishing for continuing happiness and progress for Bulgaria and the Bulgarian people, I raise my glass in order to, with the Prince Consort, propose a toast to the President of Bulgaria and Mrs. Parvanova.

As usual, I strongly stress that this translation has not been read by a member of the Royal Danish Court, and that it is completely unofficial. If you have any comments on the translation, please let me know! I hope you will find it useful.

Danish version: http://kongehuset.dk/artikel.php?id=76836

/Lasse Pedersen

Wow, thanks for the translations. What would we do without you - they're great!

After having saw the princess Alexandra's dress I have to change my point of view-SHE is the most elegant aristocrat (sorry Mary for this "bertayal")

Beautifull pictures from a beautiful princesses Mary and Alexandra.

zarat said:
After having saw the princess Alexandra's dress I have to change my point of view-SHE is the most elegant aristocrat (sorry Mary for this "bertayal")

Its ok Zarat.lol.

I'm sure the Crown Princess wouldn't be offended.lol. ;)

"MII"

barber said:
the queen wears this clothes many times before.

I love Queen Margarethe, but I wish she'd throw that hat away. It is very unbecoming. She is a lovely womean and this does nothing for her, in fact it detracts.

HM the Queen is not known for her fashion sense, but her intellectual abilities...her day wear is sometimes much to be admired but her evening wear is quite becoming...most of the time ;) :)

What Margrethe lacks in the fashion stake's she makes up for with poise, elegance & decorum.

She is a lady who dictates a strong presence.

"MII"

Margrethe II said:
She is a lady who dictates a strong presence.

"MII"

...not to mention the commanding view from her height. When you're THAT tall, what to wear really becomes tricky (though she seems a bit eccentric at times). It's not all a case of bad taste...just bad luck.

more pictures from the Arrival & Welcome Ceremony at Amalienborg
(from ukpress)

also from ukpress

last one from ukpress :

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, Good People, if I may say so, you have gotten it slightly wrong. Mary, et al lovely, nice, etc. etc. Well, perhaps. DROP DEAD GEORGEOUS would be more like it. The aquamarine choker is fine. And you neglected to mention that CP Frederik is a splendid fellow himself. Would it be an exaggeration to call him handsome???? Of course if I were in his shoes I would be grinning from ear to ear myself. I loved seeing QMII wearing her wreath tiara. The rest of it was a delight. Elegant, colorful, dignified and exciting. I am grateful to all of you who have made the photos and information, including the speech awailable to the rest of us. Cheers. Thomas Parkman

I think both Princessess Mary and Alexandra look lovely.In fact they both look better and better each passing day.I hope Princess alexandra will continue be active in the royal scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom