State Visit from Bulgaria to Denmark: March 29-31, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe Cps Frederik isn't wearing the Order of the Elephant eather :confused: :confused:

Nice to see the first pictures from the gala dinner. But why aren´t Frederik and Mary wearing any sashes? Does anyone have an idea? If they were not given a Bulgarian order, as Queen Margrethe was, shouldn´t they wear the Order of the Elephant?

Wow! Both Princess Mary and Alexandra look great. Their tiaras look similar too. Looks like Mary opted to show some (decent) cleavage.

Sofia Magdalena said:
Nice to see the first pictures from the gala dinner. But why aren´t Frederik and Mary wearing any sashes? Does anyone have an idea? If they were not given a Bulgarian order, as Queen Margrethe was, shouldn´t they wear the Order of the Elephant?

- Maybe the bow with the big star on Mary's dress is a bulgarian order?

Mary's red dress - is that the same as she wore the night before her wedding?

Saw her lady-in-waiting Victoria on dansih tv - she was very elegant and with a huge floral tiara. A shame she is retiring.

Mary and Alexandra look stunning----very beautifull ladies.Is Alexanra's dress new?

Mary should take her hair/bun up - the tiara will be better visible. She would look better with the sash.
I think that Alexandra wore this dress before...

All ladies looks great:) :) :)

Last edited:
I think I've seen Alexandra's dress before, but I can't remember where.

Sophus said:
- Maybe the bow with the big star on Mary's dress is a bulgarian order?
That is of course a possibility. Maybe she and Frederik got a different order from the one the queen got or a lower "rank"? But it looks a bit empty without the sashes.

Sofia Magdalena said:
That is of course a possibility. Maybe she and Frederik got a different order from the one the queen got or a lower "rank"? But it looks a bit empty without the sashes.

- I think the order on Mary is a bit to grand for an decoration for a lady. It's not very feminine - although it looks good on a man in uniform as Frederik's.

GrandDuchess said:
Absolutely, I totally agree with this! The bag was great too, I wouldn't mind having one like that! :D

Can't wait for the gala dinner tonight, it's going to be so great to see them all there - Princess Elisabeth and Princess Alexandra will also be there!
Let's hope there will be pictures, especially of the court's grand old lady, Princess Elisabeth.

Images from getty

Attachments

• 57207629.jpg
    57207629.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 421
  • 57207707.jpg
    57207707.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 331
  • 57207879.jpg
    57207879.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 352
Princess Alexandra looked great too..she´s very elegante..as usual :rolleyes:

How nice to see so many great pictures! I wonder what HRH Prince Joachim is doing. Maybe he went to Geneva:confused:

Kelly said:
Looks like Mary opted to show some (decent) cleavage.
Indeed! Normally, I do not take much notice of royal dresses, but this one certainly was an eye-catcher... in the most decent of ways, of course:)

/Lasse Pedersen

they look beautiful thanks for all the photos
love PM dress, but isn't there a better way of displaying the decorations than just hanging all over, looks haphazard. what are the decorations-does anybody know?

bbb said:
they look beautiful thanks for all the photos
love PM dress, but isn't there a better way of displaying the decorations than just hanging all over, looks haphazard. what are the decorations-does anybody know?

And how come QMII, the Queen of decoration and taste let her out like that?:rolleyes: :D

I would venture to guess that the royal family are well versed in the intricacies of how to wear decorations and that they most certainly have assistance available if needed.

Mary and Alexandra look great :)

But I'm not sure about Alexs' tiara It's a bit too big for me.

I don't think Alexandra's tiara is too big, it's just that she wears it perched on top of her high hairdo...it looks unnatural way up there. She shouldn't pile her hair up quite so high so the tiara would nestle into the hair and seem to be more a part of her appearance. Now it seems to have a life of its own.

Does the visiting Country's Representative, whether it is Royalty of Presidents, give sashes/orders to only the Monarch of the the entire Royal Family in attendance?

I, second Sofia M, with question. Why no sash.
Isn't that normally worn togther with their awarded medals at all state
functions.Thank you.
I agree CP Mary looks very regal in red.

I find that Princess Alexandra's tiara looks slightly on the large size for her head. I think she should have what Crown Princess Mary has. Not exactly the same but in that size or pattern.

I like Queen Margrethe's gala gown. Have not seen that worn before.
She should wear more in that style rather than fluffy puffs or previous outfits. She has the height & long straight design more her style.
As this one, very regal & elegant. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Were Prince Joachim and Princess Benedikte there? It seems odd that Alexandra and Elisabeth were there but Joachim especially was not.

Mary and Frederick is so weird to not wear any sash as other members of the royal family were the order of elephant and their sashes. Also the way Mary put her stars is a bit odd....seems to be weird to put some on the left hand side...and another one in the middle of no where....but her dress is nice!!

Also, the dress worn by Alexandra is nice~!!!! she's always elegant in these events~!!!!

Princess Benedikte was there...but not Prince Joachim...

CP Mary looked stunning!!! I love her hair,the gown,tiara and jewelleries. CP Fred looked gorgeous as well. What a lovely couple !!!
Prince Joachim may be with his sweetheart in Geneva?? :p
As for sashes,orders and decorations there are certain protocols to follow. Some come with sashes and ribbons as well. The ribbon with a medal on the right of her gown is the Order of Stara Planina which is Bulgaria's highest national honor. CP Frederik is wearing one too. I suppose these were awarded during the Bulgarian 's state visit.

Thanks for all the lovely pictures.:)

Last edited:
Mary looked very pretty in vivacious red. :) I like how she wore her wedding tiara this time. The dress looks very similar to the one she wore for her official portrait. It's the same kind of cut near the shoulders.

Alexandra is beautiful but she has to find another way to wear that tiara. It just does not look good like that. Gorgeous princess + gorgeous tiara does not always equal gorgeous overall look (on the head)!

Thanks to everybody who posted pictures! They were all beautiful!

is there a full picture of Cpss Mary's dress from this event??

Pansy said:
I like Queen Margrethe's gala gown. Have not seen that worn before.

- The queen's dress was made in 1995 for the pre-wedding gala at Christiansborg Palace for Joachim and Alexandra. She has worn it many many (!) times; among others the 50 years birthday of the king of Sweden and at the official portraits taken in 1997.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom