The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-13-2007, 04:41 AM
Royal Highness

Marys dress is beautiful. She looks great with this hairstyle.

Old 09-13-2007, 07:12 AM
Nobility

I am not the first to say, but i will- mary looks great! And her white coat with hat in the morning is absolutely gorgeous!!!

Old 09-13-2007, 07:54 AM
Serene Highness

Wow, Mary looks stunning. Love the hat and ivory coat. She looks very much a Princess.

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife" Pride and Prejudice
Old 09-13-2007, 08:24 AM
Serene Highness

This is the first time she wears that dress? It is gorgeous!
Old 09-13-2007, 09:59 AM
Aristocracy

The queen is very elegant too.
Old 09-13-2007, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
This is the first time she wears that dress? It is gorgeous!
No, she has already worn it on a portrait.
Old 09-13-2007, 11:03 AM
Commoner

I applaud Princess Mary's dress sense every time I see her. She looked especially brilliant at the ceremony at the airport.
Old 09-13-2007, 11:14 AM
Serene Highness

No pics from today before the Brazilian president goes onto Norway? I must say it has been a little difficult to find pics while the president has been in Denmark. I found some rather easy online when he was in Sweden but not as many or as easy when in Denmark.
Old 09-13-2007, 11:15 AM
Aristocracy

Does Lula speak Danish or do they converse in English?
Old 09-13-2007, 11:43 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saphire View Post
Does Lula speak Danish or do they converse in English?
Lula doesn't speak any languages other than Portuguese.
Old 09-13-2007, 11:55 AM
Heir Presumptive

I really don't enjoy see her dressing only with a coat!!! She should have a skirt and a blouse under it, to me that was just one coat she had on!!! Not the best thing to have wear!
Old 09-13-2007, 11:57 AM
Courtier

Mary looks fantastic. She is so pretty and elegant.
Old 09-13-2007, 12:01 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna_R View Post
Lula doesn't speak any languages other than Portuguese.

Wow! That is a little surprising they must have a translator nearby. I would also think he knows some key words or phrases as well. I can imagine the hosts have done their necesarry homework on key phrases also.
Old 09-13-2007, 12:48 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josie View Post
No, she has already worn it on a portrait.
She also wore it for a dinner in Australia in March 2005. I think it was the dinner in Canberra, but I'm probably wrong.
Old 09-13-2007, 12:52 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by soCal girl View Post
Her earrings are indeed breathtaking but they're aquamarines. If you look closely the earrings are a very pretty light blue instead of a deep blue like sapphires. Mary wore both the dress and the earrings as part of her portrait done in Australia.
Of course, soCal girl. You are right indeed. At a closer look, I realized my mistake. But nevertheless, they are beautiful.
Old 09-13-2007, 01:12 PM
Serene Highness

Mary looked stunning at the airport and at the dinner. I have to say though, that I'm still dissapointed by the the tiara given to her for her wedding. Its just not fit for a crown princess. I would love to see Mary wear another tiara more often.
Old 09-13-2007, 01:15 PM
Courtier

Well i love Marys blue dress and her jewels BUT and i hate to say this Queen Margrethe did not lookede well in her dress...after my oppinion she lookede to pail for my taste with her withe dress...I just love when she wears dresses with a bit more coulor.

By the way the court has not put it on the crownprince site that Mary has resivede another order

Old 09-13-2007, 01:45 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas View Post
I really don't enjoy see her dressing only with a coat!!! She should have a skirt and a blouse under it, to me that was just one coat she had on!!! Not the best thing to have wear!
She was wearing a dress under the coat, as you can see here.

http://i5.tinypic.com/6bbcv9t.jpg
Old 09-13-2007, 02:46 PM
Courtier

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by cristine View Post
As a Brazilian I have to inform to everyone that if you are in Brasil never refer to our president as "Da Silva", always refer to him as "Lula". Nobody will know who you are talking about if you say "Da Silva" since "Da Silva" is the most common surname here. Lula used to be just a nickname for "Luis", his first name, but now is part of his entire name and the name whom he is known.

For me it's strange that a person like Mary, who has nothing to do with Brasil receive the Order of the Southern Cross, but I've just read it's givin to the princes of the reigning houses so that's ok

What has the Queen or CP Frederik to do with Brazil? They have brazilian orders, too. Strange you never noticed, that it´s an old custom you exchange orders at a state visit.
I´d rather know why the president is wearing a suit - combined with the order of the danish elephant(!) - for a state banquet?
Old 09-13-2007, 06:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by GömdNatt View Post
She also wore it for a dinner in Australia in March 2005. I think it was the dinner in Canberra, but I'm probably wrong.
No, you're correct.

HRH first wore this evening gown to the State Dinner held by the Governor-General at Government House in Canberra, 2005.

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k2...050309c4af.jpg

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent

Tags
brazil, marisa letícia lula da silva, president luiz inácio lula da silva, state visit