State Visit from Brazil to Denmark: September 12-13, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What has the Queen or CP Frederik to do with Brazil? They have brazilian orders, too. Strange you never noticed, that it´s an old custom you exchange orders at a state visit.
I´d rather know why the president is wearing a suit - combined with the order of the danish elephant(!) - for a state banquet?

Sorry, but I'm not into Royal subjects so maybe this explain why I didn't know monarchs and princes receive this kind of gift. It's noticed when sportsmen, artists, militaries receive orders in Brazil not royals since Brazil is a republic and royal families are not famous here, except from UK, Spain and Monaco.

Last edited:
Mary looked stunning at the airport and at the dinner. I have to say though, that I'm still dissapointed by the the tiara given to her for her wedding. Its just not fit for a crown princess. I would love to see Mary wear another tiara more often.

I agree 1000%! Mary's tiara needs to be upgraded. (even though the way she wore it recently is the best it's looked on her) I mean she does have the ruby parure, but it doesn't go with everything.

I agree 1000%! Mary's tiara needs to be upgraded. (even though the way she wore it recently is the best it's looked on her) I mean she does have the ruby parure, but it doesn't go with everything.

Unfortunately, due to the Queen Desiree Parure's striking magnificance, it would be determined much too ostentatious for the Crown Princess to wear it to a state banquet where the Queen herself chooses to wear jewels that aren't so showy (which is normally the case for visiting Heads of State who aren't royals themselves).

The ruby parure, in my mind, seems to be reserved for the grander receptions such as the New Years gala held at Amalienborg Palace etc. Infact, that seems to be the only occasion where we see it.

I also think that any future state visit undertaken by the Crown Princely couple in attendance of the Queen and Prince Consort (if it ever happens) would very likely present an opportunity to make use of the entire parure.

Last edited:
I too have wished on more than one occassion that Mary had another tiara to wear - her Wedding Tiara is nice but she has to wear it far too often. Even one more would be great. I do like that it is more noticable than some tiaras worn by other CPs (especially Mette Marit's apparent favourite) but...

Well if I could be in charge I wouldn´t let Mary wear any other jewels then the Ruby parure, it is breathtakingly beautiful, one of the best parures that I have ever seen. Royalty and jewels... it can never be ostantatious enough for me, the more the merrier. I wish that some more young royals had the opportunity and guts to wear an entire big parure the way May does.

BTW, I don´t like the small tiara as a tiara, it is much more succesfull as a necklace.

Oh Weh, I was so in hopes that Mary would wear the Ruby tiara and parure, which has got to be one of the most stunning thingies ever contrapted. Also MII, bless her pointed head, wear the Baden Palmettet tiara???-the picture is not very good. Again I am of the Queen Mary/Romanov school. Big, flashy, lots them. cheers.

Unfortunately, due to the Queen Desiree Parure's striking magnificance, it would be determined much too ostentatious for the Crown Princess to wear it to a state banquet where the Queen herself chooses to wear jewels that aren't so showy (which is normally the case for visiting Heads of State who aren't royals themselves).

The ruby parure, in my mind, seems to be reserved for the grander receptions such as the New Years gala held at Amalienborg Palace etc. Infact, that seems to be the only occasion where we see it.

I also think that any future state visit undertaken by the Crown Princely couple in attendance of the Queen and Prince Consort (if it ever happens) would very likely present an opportunity to make use of the entire parure.

I think she would have worn it she would have been present at the State Banquet for the Visit of the Swedish Royal Family in May.

It's sad that the danish Royal family does not share their tiaras. The smaller floral tiara and the turquiose Bandeau are hardly seen.

I think she would have worn it she would have been present at the State Banquet for the Visit of the Swedish Royal Family in May.

It's sad that the danish Royal family does not share their tiaras. The smaller floral tiara and the turquiose Bandeau are hardly seen.

The Swedish State Visit would have been a perfect opportunity to have worn it, Stefan. I agree :)

Even if not the necklace, surely the tiara, earrings and brooch would have been a splendid change.

The Swedish State Visit would have been a perfect opportunity to have worn it, Stefan. I agree :)

Even if not the necklace, surely the tiara, earrings and brooch would have been a splendid change.

Yes. I think they should try to change the necklace to remove the pendants so that i can worn with and without pendants depending on the occasion.

Yes. I think they should try to change the necklace to remove the pendants so that i can worn with and without pendants depending on the occasion.

So it's not so elaborate? I think that's a great idea. The necklace is quite busy and if the pendants could be removed I think it would provide an opportunity to wear it more often.

So it's not so elaborate? I think that's a great idea. The necklace is quite busy and if the pendants could be removed I think it would provide an opportunity to wear it more often.

Yes that's what i think. In it's present form it is a bit to much on a younger lady like mary. It would perfect fit Queen Margrethe . What my thought is that only the base remains. The same can done with Queen Anne-Marie's emerald necklace. She can wear the drops on a brooch or on the necklace. I think i have also seen Quuen Margrethe wearing the necklace from the Pearl-Parure without the drop-pendants.

Of all the outfits I've seen Mary wear this takes home the trophy. She looks absolutely incredibly stunningly gorgeous!! The hats the heels (especially the heels) and the coat dress perfect. And her dress and jewellery for the gala amazing!!

I'd say CP Mary out shown the Queen here! She looked amazing! The girl was born to wear any jewel imaginable!

Of all the outfits I've seen Mary wear this takes home the trophy. She looks absolutely incredibly stunningly gorgeous!! The hats the heels (especially the heels) and the coat dress perfect.

Certainly one of my top three :flowers: HRH was immacluately dressed and that hat was perfect. I do look forward to seeing Mary in gloves as I find them so ceremonial and stately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom