Royal Family Speaking

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

happy_27

Commoner
;) HI

Just wondering if anyone has any audio files or links to hear the royal family speaking, in english to if available.

thanks

;) HI

thanks for the link Dennism

Queen M 2 sounds very British I think. Hardly an accent at all.

I heard Queen M, Joachim, Fred of Denmark speak. I also hard King Harald and Crown Prince Haakon speak.

It seems that Joachim, Queen M and Haakon spoke the best English. I was surprised because Fred spent a year at my alma mater, Harvard and he and Mary must speak ENglish to each other.

I expected him to be more articulate in English. Maybe he was nervous.

I love that site. The stories from all of them are so random :p . Does anyone have a site that might have more of QMII talking? I've seen the really short one of her on the official site, but that's about it. Anyone know if any of QMII's Christmas speeches are online at all???
Thanks everyone (and BTW- I'm so glad we're back!!!)
~Kathleen

Thanks so much for the link. The videos are fun to watch. The danes really love their RF.

Haha! That website is so great! It was really funny when Mary and Fred got on the balcony and people were all cheering and then QMII got up there and everyone went crzy for her. It's good to see that the Danes love her so much. :flower: :flower: :flower:
The only bad part about it is my computer which is SOOOO slow. I can hear the sounds in bits and pieces, but the video just doesn't work for more than a split second and then there is only sound. :doh: Does anyone know any little tricks for this problemo??? I really wanna see the videos!

I have question about QMII. Has she always done those hand movements when she appears on the balcony? Whenever she does what are the people saying , cause it sounds like raa or sometinhg, but I'm not Danish. Also if you are in the royal family do you haved to stand in the certain place on the balcony? Most of the pictures I see of the RF on the balcony Fred and Jochaim are on one side and Alex is on the other.

help. eep. i can't seem to watch it. apprently my comp says it doesn't support the kind of file that it is. anyone know how to fix it?

Originally posted by sky@Apr 6th, 2004 - 7:07 pm
I have question about QMII. Has she always done those hand movements when she appears on the balcony? Whenever she does what are the people saying , cause it sounds like raa or sometinhg, but I'm not Danish. Also if you are in the royal family do you haved to stand in the certain place on the balcony? Most of the pictures I see of the RF on the balcony Fred and Jochaim are on one side and Alex is on the other.
The sound you can herar from the people when Queen Margrethe 2. are on the balcony are hurra.
The reason for the hand movements are that she are abel to receive the love,warm and tribute from her people when they are shouting happy birthday to her and her family.
She and the rest of the Royal Family are also shouting a 9 times salute for Denmark when she has resived the cheering from the people.

Wow- that's very interesting! What kind of salute do they yell 9 times? Is there any video of that?

By the way, I was watching (or trying to watch :wacko: ) a video but it was so random that I had no idea what it was supposed to be about! Can anyone translate the video description for me?

Kronprins Frederik's fødsel og dåb
Kronprins Frederik bliver født ved kejsersnit sent om aftenen d. 26. maj 1968. Klip fra fremvisning af ham i haven med dronningen og prins Henrik. klip fra kirken ved hans dåb

Thanks so much guys! :flower: :flower:
~Kathleen

hi spiffyballerina.

Your video is about the birth and baptism of Crown prince Frederik. In your description it says that he was born by a caesarian late at night on the 26th of may, and that he, a couple of days later, was shown to the press in the garden behind amalienborg castle.

Hope that helps ;) ?

Louise

Oh Louise and H.M. Margrethe, you two are my new favorite people! :flower: Unfortunately for you, now I'll probably bother you with translations more because I am so very ignorant of the Danish language! :p Seriously, you two are super! I just wish those vidoes would load correctly on my computer! :cry:

Originally posted by SpiffyBallerina@Apr 8th, 2004 - 12:59 am
Wow- that's very interesting! What kind of salute do they yell 9 times? Is there any video of that?

By the way, I was watching (or trying to watch :wacko: ) a video but it was so random that I had no idea what it was supposed to be about! Can anyone translate the video description for me?

Kronprins Frederik's fødsel og dåb
Kronprins Frederik bliver født ved kejsersnit sent om aftenen d. 26. maj 1968. Klip fra fremvisning af ham i haven med dronningen og prins Henrik. klip fra kirken ved hans dåb

Thanks so much guys! :flower: :flower:
~Kathleen
Hello SpiffyBallerina.
The kinde of salute the Royal Family and the people of Denmark are yelling are 9 times hurra for Denmark and the person who are having a birthday.
I can tell you that H.M. the Queen are having her 64. birthday on April the 16. and i know that ther will be alot of people on the ground of Amalienborg Carstel to se the Royal Family and the futur CrownPrincesse Mary :rolleyes: ;) ;) ;)

Sorry for replying so late..
you need the windows media player to see the videos
sorry again :(

I heard once HM Queen Margrethe II on BBC, talking about the British monarchy and about HM Queen Elizabeth II.
HM said the monarchist spirit in Britain is quite different, and she likes very much HM Queen Elizabeth II.

Queen Margrethe spoke his English so brilliant with a very British accent. Fantastic.

Re:

Well, Queen Margrethe did spend time in England of course - in her teen years I believe. She could be an English Duchess and not a Danish Queen but there is a slight hint of an accent of different words.
It's rather similar to Queen Beatrix who has a Canadian accent for obvious reasons. Prince Frederik seems to have an American accent with his English and Queen Anne-Marie has a very continental sound when she speaks.

I adore Her Majesty the Queen Margrethe's voice. Its really very lovely.

I did'nt know that Her Majesty the Queen Beatrix had a canadian tilt in her accent. Of course I know why but still did'nt think!

To me, Crown Pricne Frederik does'nt have an American accent, but a danish one when he speaks english. Crown Prince Haakon Magnus has an American accent.

"MII"

Re:

I soooooo agree! She's got a lovely deep rich voice which really makes the spine tingle. I'm a sucker for a Windsor accent (having one myself) ;)

Personally, I prefer the blend of the Australian and English accent's that CP Mary speaks with. and, IMO opinion her Danish is very soft and beautiful, even though I don't understand a word the CP says!

Layla1971 said:
Personally, I prefer the blend of the Australian and English accent's that CP Mary speaks with. and, IMO opinion her Danish is very soft and beautiful, even though I don't understand a word the CP says!

.lol. God love you Layla!

Yes the Crown Princess Mary's accent is most beautiful. Very soft and calming I believe! I have found that her voice sounds just as lovely in English and it does in Danish. Most articulate.

"MII"

sky said:
Hej Everyone, I'm new in this forum, this is my first reply.

Queen Margrethe first used the hand movement after her father's dead. She was very sad of course, but she felt like standing there like a lamppost, so when she was announced as the new queen, ''long live Queen Margrethe the Second'', she tried what she was told by her father (before he died of course). It was a way to open up to the love of the people, and it does work, everyone starts 'hurraaaing' when she does it.

I cannot watch the video either. Can someone post a link to Countress Alexandra speaks in English?

thanks,

jellybeans, here you can hear Countess Alexandra speaking English in her engagement day
TV 2 Nyhederne

Thank you for this video, Paty. I had never seen it before, and it was very nice to hear Queen Margrethe's English. It is perfect! So is Prince Joachim's. Alexandra also has a very lovely voice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom