The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-01-2004, 06:47 AM
Commoner

HI

Just wondering if anyone has any audio files or links to hear the royal family speaking, in english to if available.

thanks

Old 02-01-2004, 11:31 AM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
take a look at this page:

http://www.dr.dk/aroyalfamily/person.html

Old 02-01-2004, 09:52 PM
Commoner

HI

thanks for the link Dennism

Queen M 2 sounds very British I think. Hardly an accent at all.
Old 02-02-2004, 12:52 PM
Gentry

I heard Queen M, Joachim, Fred of Denmark speak. I also hard King Harald and Crown Prince Haakon speak.

It seems that Joachim, Queen M and Haakon spoke the best English. I was surprised because Fred spent a year at my alma mater, Harvard and he and Mary must speak ENglish to each other.

I expected him to be more articulate in English. Maybe he was nervous.
Old 03-30-2004, 12:58 AM
Courtier

I love that site. The stories from all of them are so random :P . Does anyone have a site that might have more of QMII talking? I've seen the really short one of her on the official site, but that's about it. Anyone know if any of QMII's Christmas speeches are online at all???
Thanks everyone (and BTW- I'm so glad we're back!!&#33
~Kathleen
Old 04-04-2004, 05:16 PM
Gentry

click on where you see videos
you could everyone speaking there(including Mary)
http://www.dr.dk/bryllup/?spots=true
Old 04-04-2004, 05:45 PM
Nobility

Thanks so much for the link. The videos are fun to watch. The danes really love their RF.
Old 04-06-2004, 07:20 PM
Courtier

Haha! That website is so great! It was really funny when Mary and Fred got on the balcony and people were all cheering and then QMII got up there and everyone went crzy for her. It's good to see that the Danes love her so much. :flower: :flower: :flower:
The only bad part about it is my computer which is SOOOO slow. I can hear the sounds in bits and pieces, but the video just doesn't work for more than a split second and then there is only sound. Does anyone know any little tricks for this problemo??? I really wanna see the videos!
Old 04-06-2004, 08:07 PM
Nobility

I have question about QMII. Has she always done those hand movements when she appears on the balcony? Whenever she does what are the people saying , cause it sounds like raa or sometinhg, but I'm not Danish. Also if you are in the royal family do you haved to stand in the certain place on the balcony? Most of the pictures I see of the RF on the balcony Fred and Jochaim are on one side and Alex is on the other.
Old 04-07-2004, 10:17 AM
Nobility

help. eep. i can't seem to watch it. apprently my comp says it doesn't support the kind of file that it is. anyone know how to fix it?
Old 04-07-2004, 12:33 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally posted by sky@Apr 6th, 2004 - 7:07 pm
I have question about QMII. Has she always done those hand movements when she appears on the balcony? Whenever she does what are the people saying , cause it sounds like raa or sometinhg, but I'm not Danish. Also if you are in the royal family do you haved to stand in the certain place on the balcony? Most of the pictures I see of the RF on the balcony Fred and Jochaim are on one side and Alex is on the other.
The sound you can herar from the people when Queen Margrethe 2. are on the balcony are hurra.
The reason for the hand movements are that she are abel to receive the love,warm and tribute from her people when they are shouting happy birthday to her and her family.
She and the rest of the Royal Family are also shouting a 9 times salute for Denmark when she has resived the cheering from the people.

Old 04-08-2004, 01:59 AM
Courtier

Wow- that's very interesting! What kind of salute do they yell 9 times? Is there any video of that?

By the way, I was watching (or trying to watch ) a video but it was so random that I had no idea what it was supposed to be about! Can anyone translate the video description for me?

Kronprins Frederik's fdsel og db
Kronprins Frederik bliver fdt ved kejsersnit sent om aftenen d. 26. maj 1968. Klip fra fremvisning af ham i haven med dronningen og prins Henrik. klip fra kirken ved hans db

Thanks so much guys! :flower: :flower:
~Kathleen
Old 04-08-2004, 10:47 AM
Commoner

hi spiffyballerina.

Your video is about the birth and baptism of Crown prince Frederik. In your description it says that he was born by a caesarian late at night on the 26th of may, and that he, a couple of days later, was shown to the press in the garden behind amalienborg castle.

Hope that helps ?

Louise
Old 04-08-2004, 06:19 PM
Courtier

Oh Louise and H.M. Margrethe, you two are my new favorite people! :flower: Unfortunately for you, now I'll probably bother you with translations more because I am so very ignorant of the Danish language! :P Seriously, you two are super! I just wish those vidoes would load correctly on my computer!
Old 04-10-2004, 04:26 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally posted by SpiffyBallerina@Apr 8th, 2004 - 12:59 am
Wow- that's very interesting! What kind of salute do they yell 9 times? Is there any video of that?

By the way, I was watching (or trying to watch ) a video but it was so random that I had no idea what it was supposed to be about! Can anyone translate the video description for me?

Kronprins Frederik's fdsel og db
Kronprins Frederik bliver fdt ved kejsersnit sent om aftenen d. 26. maj 1968. Klip fra fremvisning af ham i haven med dronningen og prins Henrik. klip fra kirken ved hans db

Thanks so much guys! :flower: :flower:
~Kathleen
Hello SpiffyBallerina.
The kinde of salute the Royal Family and the people of Denmark are yelling are 9 times hurra for Denmark and the person who are having a birthday.
I can tell you that H.M. the Queen are having her 64. birthday on April the 16. and i know that ther will be alot of people on the ground of Amalienborg Carstel to se the Royal Family and the futur CrownPrincesse Mary

Old 04-11-2004, 08:01 PM
Gentry

Sorry for replying so late..
you need the windows media player to see the videos
sorry again :(
Old 05-01-2004, 12:28 AM
Gentry

I heard once HM Queen Margrethe II on BBC, talking about the British monarchy and about HM Queen Elizabeth II.
HM said the monarchist spirit in Britain is quite different, and she likes very much HM Queen Elizabeth II.

Queen Margrethe spoke his English so brilliant with a very British accent. Fantastic.
Old 10-19-2005, 03:51 AM
Nobility

Gosh, you'd swear she was British wouldn't you? Amazing!
Old 10-19-2005, 08:14 AM

Re:

Well, Queen Margrethe did spend time in England of course - in her teen years I believe. She could be an English Duchess and not a Danish Queen but there is a slight hint of an accent of different words.
It's rather similar to Queen Beatrix who has a Canadian accent for obvious reasons. Prince Frederik seems to have an American accent with his English and Queen Anne-Marie has a very continental sound when she speaks.
Old 10-28-2005, 06:49 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Princess
Gosh, you'd swear she was British wouldn't you? Amazing!
Oh don't insult the dear woman.