Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-24-2008, 01:26 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

Religious Habits of the Danish Royal Family Members

Margrethe, Henrik, Frederik and Mary attending the Easter Church Mass:
Artikler og nyheder fra Århus og Østjylland, Favrskov, Odder, Skanderborg, Samsø, Norddjurs og Syddjurs. Opdateret hele dagen - stiften.dk

See "plus BILLED-GALLERI" to see a Gallery with 10 pictures.

Queen Margrethe was the only one who stayed until the end of the ceremony. Henrik, Frederik and mary left even before the Communion.

Old 03-24-2008, 02:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Why on earth would they leave in the middle of a church service? Is that normal in denmark? I find it rather rude to get up in leave in the middle of the service.

Old 03-24-2008, 02:42 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty View Post
Margrethe, Henrik, Frederik and Mary attending the Easter Church Mass:
Artikler og nyheder fra Århus og Østjylland, Favrskov, Odder, Skanderborg, Samsø, Norddjurs og Syddjurs. Opdateret hele dagen - stiften.dk

See "plus BILLED-GALLERI" to see a Gallery with 10 pictures.

Queen Margrethe was the only one who stayed until the end of the ceremony. Henrik, Frederik and mary left even before the Communion.
Thanks Her Majesty for the info & pic's.
Do they always leave early? Also I dont find it nice, I mean the service isnt long for them not to have waited till it ended. I think someone at such a high position walking out in the middle of something causes attention and distraction from the service
Where was Joachim?
Old 03-24-2008, 02:56 PM
Heir Apparent

I'm sure what ever the reason for them leaving early, it was a good one. As for Joachim, must have had other commitments.
Old 03-24-2008, 03:08 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Okay, I read that the family do tend to leave the church service christmas & easter early every year.
Old 03-24-2008, 03:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

I guess we'll just have to wait, see if more comes out with time.
Old 03-24-2008, 03:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Okay, I read that the family do tend to leave the church service christmas & easter early every year.
Okay but why? You might as well not go at all. Seriously, I think that it's rather hypocritical to say "Oh I go to church" but can't be bothered to commmit the 2 hours a year that it takes to sit through 2 whole services!

Why bother going at all if you are going to get up and leave in the middle. I have never been to a Christian service where there is any appropriate time to leave that would not be intrusive to the flow of the service.

I think that it is downright rude.
Old 03-24-2008, 04:35 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Yes. Usually Henrik and Frederik leave the services earlier...
last year Mary and Margrethe stayed until the end.
This year Margrethe was the only one who stayed until the end.

I think that's rather weird. The communion usually is the most important part of a church service (at least in catolic church services... don't know about the protestnts)... just weird!

Old 03-24-2008, 04:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

Actually, I agree too. Although, whilst not religious I am quite traditional about it all (I didnt like that Mary wore pants to church at Christmas for example). There is no appropriate time during the service to leave. And what motive could there possibly be to do so?
Old 03-24-2008, 04:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

well, we have the communion too, but just wine, at least in the danish church in buenos aires where i was baptism and confirm, merried, etc......
but certenly is rude to live the churc before the service is finish, i cacn not belive the y do not stay atuntil the end, even if they don't like is just for respect to the others and the priest! it is very disapointing for me!
Old 03-24-2008, 04:44 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal77 View Post
are there any picutres?

thank you
check the last page. I posted a link there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlen
it is very disapointing for me!
I agree,. It is indeed very disappointing
I wonder what's so difficult about sitting in church for about 2 hours. everyone else seems to be able to do this.
it's just very weird.
At least Margrethe behaved herself and stayed until the end!

Old 03-24-2008, 05:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Well, in most protestant religions the service is only about 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes, so if they only go at Easter and Christmas (High Holy days) then that's only two hours out of the year. They spend more time getting dressed in the year.
Old 03-24-2008, 07:18 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by denice View Post
I disagree. I think she looks beautiful. Funny how different everyone sees things!
I thought she looked beautiful too. Someone else posted that she looked like an overweight housewife. I was disagreeing with them!
Old 03-24-2008, 07:53 PM
Nobility

I'm not a religious person but I agree it's rude to leave a church service before it's finished. It's disrepectful to the religious peolpe and to the priest.
Old 03-24-2008, 11:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress View Post
Well, in most protestant religions the service is only about 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes, so if they only go at Easter and Christmas (High Holy days) then that's only two hours out of the year. They spend more time getting dressed in the year.
I have always been a fan of the CP couple, but leaving a Resurrection Day service before the end is rude, inconsiderate and the height of bad manners. Their early departure must have caused a stir as they are who they are and not just an ordinary citizen! The consequent disrruption to the service not to mention the speculation as to why they were leaving early.

What is it? "We've graced your church for a bit of they service, but really, we are far to busy and important to stay until the end".
Old 03-25-2008, 01:22 AM
Heir Presumptive

we can only expeculate the reason why they live early, but really where is the manners , the education, it suppose they should give the example to all of us!!!!!!!!in ther position the least that they could do is to give the public the apologies and the reason why they live early.....really discusting!
just for twice in the year!!!!! what about if somebody live in the middle of their speech i am sure they wold not like this!!!! i am very disapointed
Old 03-25-2008, 07:29 AM
Heir Presumptive

Well I think that if they are used to do that it is not rude at all, they used to do that in every church services and it migth be a reason for that, if they did that last year so they did the same this year.... it is quite normal and maybe there is a reason for that!!!
To me it is even more rude that Joaquim and Marie were not there!!!!
Old 03-25-2008, 08:21 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas View Post
To me it is even more rude that Joaquim and Marie were not there!!!!
I agree here - they should have shown up. In total I find this attitude a bit careless, go there, not stay until the end and leave waving (Mary) even more when keeping in mind that QM is the head of the National Church (to be succeeded by Fred some day). That fur coat of Mary's is horrible, it's that old ladys' fur, astrakhan. She can still wear it when she's 80. Fred is greying out more and more and becomes a lookalike of Ari Behn
Old 03-25-2008, 08:34 AM
Heir Presumptive

This just blows my mind. I can't even imagine leaving a service early (unless there is an emergency), especially a service at Easter. Easter and Christmas are two of the most important holidays of the Protestant religion. Even if you are "used" to doing it, IMO it is not right. Keep your butt in the pew for the entire hour or don't go. On another note, Mary's black coat doesn't bother me, but I would love to have seen some color, especially at Easter, springtime colors!
Old 03-25-2008, 08:58 AM
Heir Presumptive

Perhaps even going to church is just a photo op. Unless they suddenly were inflicted with stomach flu such behaviour is called arrogance.

Tags
danish royals