Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-07-2008, 05:30 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Here´s the photo of Joachim and Mary:
Svensk Damtidning
I don't think that photo has been photo-shopped, but I do believe that it was taken drastically out of context. That could be a dozen things other than showing the evidence of an "affair". they could have been kissing on the cheek, Mary could have been trying to get around Joachim and grabbed his arms to move around him, it may be loud and they are speaking in eachothers ears to hear eachother... My god the media are paranas (sp?).

Old 08-30-2009, 09:58 AM
Heir Apparent

Billed-Bladet has an interview with historian and author John Bloch Skippper. He says that Mary is a big supporter of Marie. She has helped Marie by giving her advice, and by sharing stories of her experiences during her first years in Denmark. Skipper states that the two princesses talk quite a bit to each other about their roles and life in a new place.
Billed-Bladet - Mary støtter Marie

The same author, John Bloch Skipper has also told Billed Bladet that Mary is the Queen's trump card. She has really settled into her role as a royal, and has been a positive influence on Frederik. The article states that the Queen has become more and more aware of this and has started to see the crown princess as a leading figure in the royal house.
http://www.billedbladet.dk/Kongelige...trumfkort.aspx

Old 08-30-2009, 10:29 AM
Serene Highness

It's great to see that the 2 women like each other and that Mary can support and help Marie. It's certain that she's the one who can completely understands what Marie is going through!
Actually, we can see on several pics, that the 2 women have a good relationship, when they share family events together. There are pics while they're laughing or talking together...

Concerning the second article: In five years Mary has changed so much and has improved her royal style in the right way! she is a good princess for Denmark and she will be a good queen for her country. The queen must be glad about the crown prince couple!

http://princessesblog76.blogspot.fr/
Old 08-30-2009, 10:56 AM
Courtier

If the article is true, and all the evidence (such as pictures) suggest so, then it is very nice of Mary to offer her support to Marie.
And I agree with Ccile: in the years since Mary's marriage to Frederik, she has certainly become a huge asset for the Danish Royal Family and fits perfectly with most people's idea of a Princess.

Thanks you for the articles, sgl!
Old 09-01-2009, 04:57 PM
Gentry

The first article sounds more like wishful thinking, as there are no real facts, just the expert's assumptions and suppositions.
Old 09-02-2009, 03:37 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odette View Post
I remember Mary's interview when the engagement was first announced. What struck me at the time was that she said she would never accept adultery at any cost. She went on to say that "others may but she would never accept it."
At the time of the engagement and after P Hendrick's outburst about the CP "cheapening: the monarchies by marrying commoners, came his interview where he said that Mary was not familiar with the Court and she could learn a lot from Alexandra.
When did Prince Henrik say this about Mary?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdarlene View Post
The article says that Prince Joachim is not in love for his wife but he is in love for Princess Mary, that's why he married a woman very much alike Princess Mary. While at the gala concert for the Livsgardet Prince Joachim drunk to much and kissed Princess Mary passionately on the lips and Mary smiled, while Princess Marie tried to be the most civilized she could, they don't mention if Prince Frederik saw it also or not. They also say there's a big rivalry between the two Princess and so Princess Mary enjoyed the kiss to take advantage on Marie, who is the favourite of Prince Henrik.
At the end they say that Countess Alexandra was madly in love with Prince Frederik, but he couldn't care less for her and so she married Prince Joachim.

Sounds interesting. Has anyone got a a link to that picture, the previous link doesn't work?
Old 10-02-2010, 04:38 PM
Commoner

Princess Mary looks great as usual. I have a question though do Mary and Marie get along well or is their conflict, I think Mary is having a boy and a girl
Old 10-02-2010, 07:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmen jones View Post
Princess Mary looks great as usual. I have a question though do Mary and Marie get along well or is their conflict, I think Mary is having a boy and a girl
By all accounts Mary and Marie seem to get along fine. They aren't best friends I'm sure, but then again, most sister in-laws aren't. They however seem to share an amiable relationship and Mary is godmother to the dashing little Prince Henrik

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 10-02-2010, 10:30 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Carmen Jones their body language was a little strained in the very early days - but has relaxed a great deal since. I think that Mary, coming from a family without much money, was a little shy around Marie in case she was snobbish (Marie's background has some upper-crust connections, Mary's family has none, and Marie was for example already a skier etc, which contrasted with Mary's suburban experience) - but Marie is clearly very easy to get along with, and has looked after Mary socially. Despite appearances, it hasn't been easy for Mary to break into the wider royal circle. Now Marie and Mary are great allies and friends - though I have long sensed a bit of distance between Joachim and Mary. Perhaps Joachim is a bit of a snob.
Old 10-03-2010, 12:16 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
According to themselves they do. And when you see them together they seem to chatting away happily, even to the point of almost forgetting everybody else around them. (The 350. anniversary of the Royal Lifeguard Regiment).
According to the fair Marie, Mary has been a good support in regards to our Marie setteling in her new life as Princess.
They, again according to themselves, don't see each other that much. For that matter, nor do Joachim and Frederik. Presumably due to different circles of friends, different interests and different schedules.
Joachim and Frederik had a period of a cool relationship after the divorce, for which Joachim took the blame (the portrait book about Frederik). Something I think highly of Joachim for doing, especially as he was certainly not having an easy time!

As for Mary not being readily accepted by the royal circle. Well, there has been no mentioning of that in the Danish press. The new and popular Crown Princess being snubbed by other royals, that would have been a great story in the Danish press! But I haven't seen such stories.

Joachim has a very aristocratic air about him, but by all accounts he doesn't appear to be a snob.
He is certainly not as "folksy" as Frederik is, who seem to pocess the enviable abillity to make people feel at ease in his company. While Joachim's more aristocratic demeanor, some would say more regal, may lead to people automatically keeping a distance?
Old 10-03-2010, 12:01 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aotearoagal View Post
Carmen Jones their body language was a little strained in the very early days - but has relaxed a great deal since. I think that Mary, coming from a family without much money, was a little shy around Marie in case she was snobbish (Marie's background has some upper-crust connections, Mary's family has none, and Marie was for example already a skier etc, which contrasted with Mary's suburban experience) - but Marie is clearly very easy to get along with, and has looked after Mary socially. Despite appearances, it hasn't been easy for Mary to break into the wider royal circle. Now Marie and Mary are great allies and friends - though I have long sensed a bit of distance between Joachim and Mary. Perhaps Joachim is a bit of a snob.
I really do not think Mary needed or needs anyone to look after her socially. Mary seems to do fine in this area. I do not see Marie as having much pull with who Mary and Frederik see since they seem to run with different crowds than Marie and Joachim. What are your sources that Mary has been unable to break into wider royal circles. Marie was not even associated with the family since Joachim was still married when Mary became part of the royal family. I am sure if someone wants to be accepted into the circle of friends of Mary and the CP they will accept Mary if they want to remain friends of the CP. Mary and Marie do not attend very many social gatherings together so how you can state Marie looks after her and opened doors for her socially is just unfounded. I would imagine just being the future King would open many doors for Mary that Marie could not ever open.
Old 10-03-2010, 12:04 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Marie [...] has looked after Mary socially.
Hm, can you explain this? I am not sure that I have understood this sentence?
Old 10-03-2010, 02:08 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Wow, your view of things is way off IMO.
Mary was part of the DRF what 4 years before Marie, it has always looked like Mary looking after Marie to me. I am pretty sure that Mary had met Marie many times before she became a Princess, and she would have realised if she was "snobby" or not.
What does skiing have to with fitting into the royal family?

I have never seen Marie with Mary at a non-royal social event, so how does she "look after" Mary?

Mary fitted into her role as Crown Princess, much quicker than Marie is fitting in as a Princess.
Old 10-03-2010, 02:47 PM
Gentry

Yes. I believe the party girl from Hobart did indeed learn a lot from the classy Marie and I dont think of Joachim as a snob - IMO he believes his brother could have done a lot better.
Old 10-03-2010, 04:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commonconsort View Post
Yes. I believe the party girl from Hobart did indeed learn a lot from the classy Marie and I dont think of Joachim as a snob - IMO he believes his brother could have done a lot better.
What do you base that on? I'm a little puzzled since Mary entered the public glare in earnest in 2004 and our Marie only came about four years later. By which time Mary's position was very much established.

Also keep in mind that la Marie, being who she is , got a lot of heat initially for being too open in regards to the press. - She has learned a lot since then! Both in regards to dealing with the press, (certainly in regards to the magazines) but also in developing her own style, sometimes pulling it off very well.

I'm glad you don't find Joachim a snob. I personally believe he has an admirable character, which unfortunately isn't appreciated so much due to his, shall we say, more aristocratic manner.
I don't believe he believes his brother could do better. Firstly, simply because it would be out of character for him to do so. Secondly, simply because I don't believe he would. - And indeed, why should he?
Old 10-03-2010, 04:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

I remember reading somewhere on this forum that Joachim liked Mary right off the bat and was glad that Fred met her.
Old 10-03-2010, 05:36 PM
Courtier

Wow! Some of these posts about Princess Marie supposedly "helping" Crown Princess Mary "socially" are textbook reasons why people should never believe what they read in trashy tabloids and on some negative internet websites!!!! It is so far from the truth that it is amazing that some actually believe it!
And as far as Joachim thinking that CP Mary wasn't "good enough" for his brother, it would be very strange if he had that attitude given that Princess Marie physically resembles CP Mary so much to the point that they could be sisters!!! The truth of the matter is that Prince Joachim has stated that CP Frederik is very lucky to have CP Mary in his life. All of the DRF are happy about the very positive impact that CP Mary has had on CP Frederick as he is a very happy man indeed!

Anyway, this thread has gone off topic. These posts should be in the "Relationships in the DRF" thread, not here in the Mary Foundation thread!
Old 10-03-2010, 08:23 PM
Heir Apparent

The "party girl from Hobart", "has looked after Mary socially", "a bit of distance between Mary and Joachim" . . .

Amusing, quite amusing, but it doesn't take long before the agenda's of certain members becomes apparent. It's just funny that they think no one notices

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 10-03-2010, 08:42 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Royale View Post
The "party girl from Hobart", "has looked after Mary socially", "a bit of distance between Mary and Joachim" . . .

Amusing, quite amusing, but it doesn't take long before the agenda's of certain members becomes apparent. It's just funny that they think no one notices
It is funny how they show up at certain times isn't it. Of all places to try and put this kind of garbage over why in here. Everyone here knows what is going on with M&F almost as well as they know themselves.
Old 10-03-2010, 09:24 PM
Aristocracy

Forgive a further "off-topic" post, but I would like to be clear that I don't endorse any "party girl" reference with regard to Mary, who I think has done amazingly well for someone who wasn't born to privilege and expectations. She hasn't had the opportunity to shine yet - but that's the downside of being the partner of a long-term "heir-in-waiting".

Tags
crown princess mary, danish royals, margrethe ii