The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-17-2008, 12:28 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villemann View Post
The relationsship between Mary and Alexandra was never varm - never! How do I know? Because I have talked to people close to them for my book "1015 Copenhagen K." Marie will always live in the shadow of Mary, but she has one advantage over her: She speaks French and therefore she has the attention of the Pater Familias of the DRF, Prince Henrik.
I don't think it matters if Mary and Marie are close. Mary has an important job to do for her country whereas Marie job is to just make her husband happy. Big difference, plus speaking French is really not the "be-all" of an advantage where the rest of the world is concerned; which is the only thing a future queen/king should worry about after his own country's approval. There will always be petty little jealousies in families, but at the end of the day, Mary & Fred will always be the ruling head of the family and the rest of the family must accept and not make waves.

Old 07-17-2008, 01:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
The relationsship between Mary and Alexandra was never varm - never! How do I know? Because I have talked to people close to them for my book "1015 Copenhagen K." Marie will always live in the shadow of Mary, but she has one advantage over her: She speaks French and therefore she has the attention of the Pater Familias of the DRF, Prince Henrik.
Though there was never going to be any 'real' time for the two to become what could be considered, well aquainted. A divorce, notably a royal disolvement, does not just spring about. Alexandra was to leave the family, and familiarising herself with Mary at any great length (visa versa) would have served what purpose, exaclty? None, I think it safe to say.

I'm sure they were cordial when speaking, and certainly behaved most agreeably when seen in public together at the few royal events which either dictated, or requested, their participation.

Marie will always live in the shadow of Mary? Just as Madeleine's prospective husband shall always live in the shadow of Victoria's prospective husband, or Harry's wife in that of William's. In this instance, for these people living this life, that's just how it is.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 07-17-2008, 03:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

I remember Mary's interview when the engagement was first announced. What struck me at the time was that she said she would never accept adultery at any cost. She went on to say that "others may but she would never accept it."
At the time of the engagement and after P Hendrick's outburst about the CP "cheapening: the monarchies by marrying commoners, came his interview where he said that Mary was not familiar with the Court and she could learn a lot from Alexandra.
Four months after Mary's wedding Alexandra and Joaquim announced their separation and Martin showed up at her side shortly thereafter. I am no author or detective but if you add all these facts together, you may figure out that Alexandra and Mary were not or could not be too close. JMHO
Old 07-21-2008, 05:55 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Marie also had the advantage of a european high class upbringing, whilst Mary was brought up in a middle class academic suburbian way. Designer clothes are no big issue for Marie, as she always wore them, and she was always accustomed to luxurious life style. I don't think she will be criticized like Mary for being so fashion conscious, or her motives not questioned, as this is the way she was b4 becoming a royal, even if her wardrobe allowance is greater than b4 marriage.
Old 07-21-2008, 06:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

A lot of ladies have exquisite taste and given the funds, they dress extremely well. This may be the case with Mary.
A lot of other ladies, prefer the laid back conservative clothes whether designer or not and they stay the same even if their circumstances change. Is it at all possible that Marie does not want to be a fashion show on high heels and she prefers a bit more relaxed, less flashy more comfortable clothes? Again, with the exception of the grey metal looking suit and the hat, I find her over all a very classic beauty.
Old 07-21-2008, 07:15 PM
Majesty

Will you please keep the fashion remarks/comments for the Royal House of Fashion. It has nothing to do with the relationship between the DRF members nor most of the threads in this forum.

Thanks for your cooperation,

Mandy
Danish Forum Moderator
Old 07-22-2008, 04:39 AM
Imperial Majesty

ABC of Spain writes about the cover and story of Svensk Damtidning:
ABC/Celos en Dinamarca: El beso de la polémica
Speculation about the behaviour of Joachim and Mary.
Old 07-22-2008, 05:23 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
ABC of Spain writes about the cover and story of Svensk Damtidning:
ABC/Celos en Dinamarca: El beso de la polémica
Speculation about the behaviour of Joachim and Mary.
Can anyone transalate?
Old 07-22-2008, 06:59 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntie View Post
Can anyone transalate?
The article says that Prince Joachim is not in love for his wife but he is in love for Princess Mary, that's why he married a woman very much alike Princess Mary. While at the gala concert for the Livsgardet Prince Joachim drunk to much and kissed Princess Mary passionately on the lips and Mary smiled, while Princess Marie tried to be the most civilized she could, they don't mention if Prince Frederik saw it also or not. They also say there's a big rivalry between the two Princess and so Princess Mary enjoyed the kiss to take advantage on Marie, who is the favourite of Prince Henrik.
At the end they say that Countess Alexandra was madly in love with Prince Frederik, but he couldn't care less for her and so she married Prince Joachim.
Old 07-22-2008, 07:20 AM
Nobility

Bloody h..., if that is true (which I don't think it is) we are in for some interesting developments in the future!!
Old 07-22-2008, 07:22 AM
Imperial Majesty

Here´s the photo of Joachim and Mary:
Svensk Damtidning
Old 07-22-2008, 07:24 AM
Nobility

It could very well have been fotoshopped. At least Mary is looking away from Joachim.........
Old 07-22-2008, 07:42 AM
Courtier

Oh, dear, how silly can those magazines get?
I am sure all those pictures of a couple in love we have seen before, during and after the wedding must be fake.
And I am sure Mary with whom - according to those magazines - both Frederik and Joachim are in love must be very jealous because Marie is Henrik's favourite.

Actually, Marie talked about her relationship with Mary during their holiday photo-shoot in France: TV 2 Vip - Marie: Mary har hjulpet mig meget
And that's what Marie said according to that article:
"The Crown Princess is a great help for me and we are glad we have each other. We are in many respects in the same situation and therefore can help each other, and she helped me a lot and has been a good support. We are actually really good friends and are pleased that we have found each other in the family".

But I guess "rivalry" sells better than "friendship".
To me the picture looks as if they were kissing each other on the cheeks.
The editors probably searched a ton of pictures showing a clear and harmless situation
to find that one which can be interpreted in a different way.
Old 07-22-2008, 07:43 AM
Royal Highness

If this is true (which I highly doubt!) then everyone is married to a second hand love!
Old 07-22-2008, 07:51 AM
Imperial Majesty

Obviously this started from the story of danish magazine "Se og hor", where the photo was first.
Old 07-22-2008, 07:54 AM
Courtier

Obviously it's rubbish that article those kind of press are always looking for sometinhg and always making something up to sell magazine and mislead people.
Old 07-22-2008, 08:22 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneeuwklokje View Post
It could very well have been fotoshopped. At least Mary is looking away from Joachim.........
I don't think it's a photoshop, it's taken out of the situation of two people dancing close (in a "normal" way, requested by the type of dance) with a sharp angle. Then they took the picture and formed a ridiculous story around it. I mean you never know what is going on behind closed doors but the last thing on earth I will believe is that Mary is interested or more in Joachim as a man.
Old 07-22-2008, 08:48 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneeuwklokje View Post
Bloody h..., if that is true (which I don't think it is) we are in for some interesting developments in the future!!
Bloody hell indeed! Damned rubbish more like. These stores have more strange and fantastic plotlines than "Days of Our Lives". . . . . . and they've got "aliens" (not the illegal kind).
Old 07-22-2008, 09:17 AM
Royal Highness

Oh, this is the funniest thing I think I've ever heard! I'm guessing that Frederik is also in love with Marie!

Anyway, I think that the picture isn't photoshopped, but that they're just dancing, and nothing can be judged from that. Besides, Mary isn't even looking at Joachim, she seems to be looking over his shoulder! This is just a bunch of rubbage that we can laugh at.

Anyway, can somebody translate this? It seems like Marie was talking about the Crown Princely family, but I'm not sure.
Old 07-22-2008, 09:32 AM
Courtier

It refers to the portion that Ricarda posted about Mary being a great help to Marie and that they found themselves in similar situations at the start of their marriages. Also, that Christian and Isabella are two lovely cute children.
Utter rubbish about Joachim being in love with Mary although at the very start of Joachim and Marie's relationship it was also speculated that he was infatuated with Mary hence he chose a girl that resembled Mary.

Stellad

Tags
crown princess mary, danish royals, margrethe ii