Relationships between the Members of the Danish Royal Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wonder if, after both Mary and Marie have firsthand experience with the media and must realise that their relationship, however it turns out, will make headlines, have decided to do something about it. For example check before an event they both are going to attend that they don't wear similar clothes or the same hairstyle in order to prevent being dubbed "the Denmark-twins" or something similar.

One thing makes me wonder, both Mary and Marie gave noncomittal answers when asked about each other, I would have expected of the CPss to say "I don't know her well enough, but she is very sweet, I am happy for them etc."

Well I think they have it all to be best friends and it's a shame if they don't grab that opportunity! They are both the same age, both the same family, they will have vacations together, Marie will be mother son and Mary os already a mother that can help her so mucht!!! It is a shame if they don't become friends!!

It is a shame if they don't become friends!!
How do you know that?

This quote by Mary:
"I don't know her well enough, but she is very sweet, I am happy for them etc."
actually isn't new.
So how do you know they don't get along quite well now and are about going to be friends? They don't know each other for a very long time yet.
And even if they decide not to be friends and just are sisters-in-law... then it's their own decision and I really don't see why that's a "shame".:huh:

Interesting picture.
I can imagine that somebody who doesn´t know Frederik, Joachim, Mary and Marie would think that Frederik and Marie are the couple who are going to get married in May....Haha
But I don´t believe that Mary would be angry with this specific photo.

Oh for heaven sake, in this photo it look like Joachim is fasinated by Mary and could care less about standing next to Marie. How silly all this trouble making by the press is.

By the way, who said that Marie and Mary don't like each other? Is that another "story" started by the silly German press?

Last edited by a moderator:
By the way, who said that Marie and Mary don't like each other? Is that another "story" started by the silly German press?
The so called "Silly German Press" never speculated about that at all.:huh:

Last edited:
Oh for heaven sake, in this photo it look like Joachim is fasinated by Mary and could care less about standing next to Marie. How silly all this trouble making by the press is.

Actually, that rumor was started by a particular group of royal watchers who are not exactly happy with the Danish royal family nor will they ever be. Unfortunately, that rumor has spread like wild fire through the Internet and now some believe it to be true.

The so called "Silly German Press" never speculated about that at all.:huh:

Maybe not yet but surely "Das Goldene Blatt" or anothe rof those rags wioll start speculate which one of the "Denmark-twins" is unhappy about the other's similarity to herself.... Just wait and see...;)

Maybe not yet but surely "Das Goldene Blatt" or anothe rof those rags wioll start speculate which one of the "Denmark-twins" is unhappy about the other's similarity to herself.... Just wait and see...;)
Okay yes, that's quite likely. :lol:
... but at least they weren't the ones who started that rumors. ;)

Actually, that rumor was started by a particular group of royal watchers who are not exactly happy with the Danish royal family nor will they ever be. Unfortunately, that rumor has spread like wild fire through the Internet and now some believe it to be true.
I am a gr8 admirer of the DRF :flowers:, and I can tell you that it seemed a little strange to me that neither Mary or Marie acknolweged each other besides "I don't really know her, I haven't gotten to know her yet etc"

Really? I don't believe it was strange. Not all future sisters-in-laws are close prior to marriage. Both couples are and were extremely busy plus they have their own families to deal wih so barely knowing each other can happen and obviously did... sooo.

Besides the original question was, "By the way, who said that Marie and Mary don't like each other?"

Last edited:
Really? I don't believe it was strange. Not all future sisters-in-laws are close prior to marriage. Both couples are and were extremely busy plus they have their own families to deal wih so barely knowing each other can happen and obviously did... sooo.

Besides the original question was, "By the way, who said that Marie and Mary don't like each other?"
Oh yes it is strange that someone who is in the public eye, cannot say something neutrally posotive about her future sister in law...:ohmy:We can't presume to know how close they are to each other, but silence is louder than a thousand words;)

Hm, well she said the same thing about Alexandra (noted in the long engagement interview) so...

I don't know, I don't find it strange, but I will say that it seems like some (not you or anyone in particular so please don't take this the wrong way) are always digging for something... anything... to create drama when clearly there is none. Just my two cents. :)

Hm, well she said the same thing about Alexandra (noted in the long engagement interview) so...

I don't know, I don't find it strange, but I will say that it seems like some (not you or anyone in particular so please don't take this the wrong way) are always digging for something... anything... to create drama when clearly there is none. Just my two cents. :)
I can only speak for myself, I don't give 2 hoots if M&M get along or not, but when I read that each of them individually said a noncomital reply, a thought went through my head, "hey, I wouldn't day that about anyone engaged to my or my husband's family members" esp. as they dated for at least a year b4 becoming engaged and they must have had some conversation. When I saw a thread about this I thought I might as well put my observation onto writing. Hell, even if M&M really didn't know each other, they are in the limelight, say something minorly nice:mad:

Ah, I see. Well what are you going to do. Perhaps in time they may end up becoming BFF... or not. However, whether or not they do or don't doesn't affect your nor my life in any way shape or form. So why should we care?

:)

Whether Mary and Marie like each other or not, someone will find a way to gossip about their relationship.

Remember Fergie and Diana? When they were close, they were "misbehaving" at Ascot or on the ski slopes and plotting to overthrow the Windsors. When they were at odds, all the stories were about jealousies, slights, and warring "courts."

I've been surprised that there hasn't been more said about the fact that both Marie and Henrik are French-born. He could be a great mentor to her, since he understands where she's coming from, so to speak.

Ah, I see. Well what are you going to do. Perhaps in time they may end up becoming BFF... or not. However, whether or not they do or don't doesn't affect your nor my life in any way shape or form. So why should we care?

:)
Wonderful, truthful answer-I agree 100%

What came out in the Engagement interview was that Marie will do all she can not to become part in any discussion about a comparison of the three princesses. She had had her experience with the media before that interview and thus she said that there is no need to compare the younger female members of the Rf or Alexandra, as each makes her own contribution. She obviously was non-commital about Mary and said only some nice things about Alexandra's and her relationship as stepmother/mother of the boys. In the documentary she stated again that there is no need to comment on comparisons as there is no reason to do such comparisons.

So I guess we won't ever hear a word from her or Mary or Alexandra about the other two. :flowers: Which IMHO is a good thing for them.

What came out in the Engagement interview was that Marie will do all she can not to become part in any discussion about a comparison of the three princesses. She had had her experience with the media before that interview and thus she said that there is no need to compare the younger female members of the Rf or Alexandra, as each makes her own contribution. She obviously was non-commital about Mary and said only some nice things about Alexandra's and her relationship as stepmother/mother of the boys. In the documentary she stated again that there is no need to comment on comparisons as there is no reason to do such comparisons.

So I guess we won't ever hear a word from her or Mary or Alexandra about the other two. :flowers: Which IMHO is a good thing for them.
Thank you! :rolleyes:, it makes much more sense then saying that there is nothing wrong with future sisters in law not having anything good to say about each other.

The relationsship between Mary and Alexandra was never varm - never! How do I know? Because I have talked to people close to them for my book "1015 Copenhagen K." Marie will always live in the shadow of Mary, but she has one advantage over her: She speaks French and therefore she has the attention of the Pater Familias of the DRF, Prince Henrik.

The relationsship between Mary and Alexandra was never varm - never! How do I know? Because I have talked to people close to them for my book "1015 Copenhagen K." Marie will always live in the shadow of Mary, but she has one advantage over her: She speaks French and therefore she has the attention of the Pater Familias of the DRF, Prince Henrik.
I don't think it matters if Mary and Marie are close. Mary has an important job to do for her country whereas Marie job is to just make her husband happy. Big difference, plus speaking French is really not the "be-all" of an advantage where the rest of the world is concerned; which is the only thing a future queen/king should worry about after his own country's approval. There will always be petty little jealousies in families, but at the end of the day, Mary & Fred will always be the ruling head of the family and the rest of the family must accept and not make waves.

Though there was never going to be any 'real' time for the two to become what could be considered, well aquainted. A divorce, notably a royal disolvement, does not just spring about. Alexandra was to leave the family, and familiarising herself with Mary at any great length (visa versa) would have served what purpose, exaclty? None, I think it safe to say.

I'm sure they were cordial when speaking, and certainly behaved most agreeably when seen in public together at the few royal events which either dictated, or requested, their participation.

Marie will always live in the shadow of Mary? Just as Madeleine's prospective husband shall always live in the shadow of Victoria's prospective husband, or Harry's wife in that of William's. In this instance, for these people living this life, that's just how it is.

I remember Mary's interview when the engagement was first announced. What struck me at the time was that she said she would never accept adultery at any cost. She went on to say that "others may but she would never accept it."
At the time of the engagement and after P Hendrick's outburst about the CP "cheapening: the monarchies by marrying commoners, came his interview where he said that Mary was not familiar with the Court and she could learn a lot from Alexandra.
Four months after Mary's wedding Alexandra and Joaquim announced their separation and Martin showed up at her side shortly thereafter. I am no author or detective but if you add all these facts together, you may figure out that Alexandra and Mary were not or could not be too close. JMHO

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Marie also had the advantage of a european high class upbringing, whilst Mary was brought up in a middle class academic suburbian way. Designer clothes are no big issue for Marie, as she always wore them, and she was always accustomed to luxurious life style. I don't think she will be criticized like Mary for being so fashion conscious, or her motives not questioned, as this is the way she was b4 becoming a royal, even if her wardrobe allowance is greater than b4 marriage.

A lot of ladies have exquisite taste and given the funds, they dress extremely well. This may be the case with Mary.
A lot of other ladies, prefer the laid back conservative clothes whether designer or not and they stay the same even if their circumstances change. Is it at all possible that Marie does not want to be a fashion show on high heels and she prefers a bit more relaxed, less flashy more comfortable clothes? Again, with the exception of the grey metal looking suit and the hat, I find her over all a very classic beauty.

Will you please keep the fashion remarks/comments for the Royal House of Fashion. It has nothing to do with the relationship between the DRF members nor most of the threads in this forum.

Thanks for your cooperation,

Mandy
Danish Forum Moderator

Can anyone transalate?

The article says that Prince Joachim is not in love for his wife but he is in love for Princess Mary, that's why he married a woman very much alike Princess Mary. While at the gala concert for the Livsgardet Prince Joachim drunk to much and kissed Princess Mary passionately on the lips and Mary smiled, while Princess Marie tried to be the most civilized she could, they don't mention if Prince Frederik saw it also or not. They also say there's a big rivalry between the two Princess and so Princess Mary enjoyed the kiss to take advantage on Marie, who is the favourite of Prince Henrik.
At the end they say that Countess Alexandra was madly in love with Prince Frederik, but he couldn't care less for her and so she married Prince Joachim.

Bloody h..., if that is true (which I don't think it is) we are in for some interesting developments in the future!!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom