The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-24-2018, 10:21 AM
Imperial Majesty

And so you should.
There is no such thing as stupid questions, only stupid replies.

Well, it depends on where you read it. Some of the press can be pretty sensational, and, shall we say, imaginative, in their articles. According to the press M&F should have been on the brink of divorce many times. They should also have at least 15 children!
And we all know QMII and Mary absolutely love and hate each other every alternate week.

There is of course also the distance to take into account. Some thing said an written about the Spanish royals up here, may be, shall we say misinterpreted...

And then there are those who would very much like to see, in this case, Mary fall flat on her nose, for whatever reason they may have for wishing that.
As you know that doesn't only apply to Mary. Letizia, Kate, Meghan Maxima and so on have their detractors as well.

Old 08-24-2018, 11:36 AM
Majesty

I think it is only natural. The Crown Prince is in his fifties. His personality, role and stature is in evolution. That is not different to Mary.

Old 08-24-2018, 12:15 PM
Courtier

I am trying to understand the "in the past" part, is that referring to the dating years and the early years of their marriage? It is hard to make goo goo eyes at each other when you have four kids in tow. Having said that one of the nicest parts of being a Crown Prince Couple watcher is those unexpected displays of affection between Fred and Mary or even something that is not necessarily PDA but just something that shows a connection like a glance. I guess it can be debated as to whether it is healthy or not, but it seems to me that Fred seems to sometimes use Mary as a soothie where he will go over to her and take her hand or try and get her attention, these gestures tend to be fleeting. I think that it is a good reflection on Mary, who (to me) seems to have a very professional demeanor in public is often sought out by her husband and children for comfort and support.
Old 08-24-2018, 12:43 PM
Majesty

Agree, and good post Muhler.
It's hard to debate a relationship between two, only the two in the relationship can really say. Also a marriage and relationship evolves overtime, for me they have one that has grown stronger over the years.

Just taking a look back at Mary's beautiful birthday speech to her husband in May, well Frederik looked quite in love and proud

https://www.billedbladet.dk/sites/bi...c/_mho6040.jpg
https://images.scribblelive.com/2018...490e1_1000.jpg
https://www.hollandse-hoogte.nl/down...pp?id=78774638

Tags
crown princess mary, danish royals, margrethe ii