The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-18-2013, 01:12 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archduchess Zelia View Post

Is that from Kongehuset Indefra? It's a really lovely gif nevertheless. It's so nice to see what a great relationship QMII has to Mary (and Marie and Alexandra, for that matter).
Yes, that´s from "Kongehuset Indefra"

Old 05-11-2013, 05:42 AM
Serene Highness

Queen Margrethe last year about helping CP Mary along in her role in the mornarchy

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ly...so1_r1_500.gif

'I really like her very much indeed and she, I hope, knows that and feels that, ‘cause when you really like people, you can help them so much more easily, but she’s been very, very competent in the way she’s tackled her role. So it’s been very, very easy to help along, and she comes and asks me, “What should we do about that?” “What do you think about that?” I feel very confident in her, and I think we’ve got a very good relationship indeed. A warm relationship.'

Old 06-13-2013, 11:19 PM
Gentry

Any speculation on how Mary and Marie get along? When I've seen them in videos--in very limited times on Youtube--they don't really seem to interact with each other. They each just seem to stay with their own families.
Old 06-14-2013, 04:03 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketmom View Post
Any speculation on how Mary and Marie get along? When I've seen them in videos--in very limited times on Youtube--they don't really seem to interact with each other. They each just seem to stay with their own families.
There are plenty of photos of the two of them chatting and smiling.

It's my clear impression that they get along fine. I don't think they are particular close and I don't think they call each other to chat every week.
My impression is that when they meet, they have no problems chatting away and feel comfortable in each other's company.
Frederik and Joachim also laugh and chat when they meet.

And nowadays they can call, text or use Facebook when updating each other, so they don't have to see each other every week in order to keep in touch.
Old 06-14-2013, 07:49 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketmom View Post
I was wondering about their relationship too.

They seem to be friends although not the best friends.

When they're are together we rarely seem them chatting or close to each other.
Old 06-14-2013, 08:42 AM
Heir Apparent

They seem to get along fine. Well enough for Mary to give Marie some of her daughters hand-me-downs. We saw them getting along and laughing together at the Malene Birger fashion show last fall. IMO they are friendly sisters-in-law.
Old 06-14-2013, 08:53 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarn67 View Post
They seem to get along fine. Well enough for Mary to give Marie some of her daughters hand-me-downs. We saw them getting along and laughing together at the Malene Birger fashion show last fall. IMO they are friendly sisters-in-law.
Yes. and Mary is godmother to little Prince Henrik
Old 10-10-2013, 07:49 AM
Heir Apparent

Summary of a Q&A in Billed Bladet #41, 2013.
Where a Troels Gorell Skjoldborg would like to know about the relationship between the DRF and the Rosenborgs.

Jon Bloch Skipper replies that their relationship is fine but that they don't associate much and never have.

During the debate leading up to the change in the Law of Succession in 1953, the later Frederik IX and Queen Ingrid did what they could to protect their children from being affected family-wise.
And as Jon Bloch Skipper points out: the change in the Law of Succession was the will of the people and the politicians with the DRF being somewhat relegated to spectators.

- It is however no secret that there was a considerable bitterness in Prince Knud towards the rest of the DRF.
And that it was Count Ingolf of Rosenborg who, despite being cursed with a looks like a village idiot is no fool at all, was instrumental in reconceiling the two branches of the family. - But they still don't associate much.
Old 12-29-2013, 11:24 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by liv View Post
Yes. and Mary is godmother to little Prince Henrik
And Marie is one of Josephine's godmothers.

I think Mary and Marie get along nicely. Athena has clearly got hand-me-downs from Josephine (the pink snowsuit) and these pictures of the two of them trying to work the opera glasses were so lovely. But as I recall that one of them (M, F, J or M) said, there's a long way from Schackenborg to Amalienborg, so they don't see each other a lot.

Old 01-04-2014, 04:28 AM
Courtier

I think the two princesses realize they have very different interests. Mary - the sporty/outdoorsy type and Marie interested in other things. So I would imagine there main topic of conversation is how the children are getting on. Just a guess.
Old 01-04-2014, 06:11 AM
Courtier

What exactly are Marie's (other) very different interests? And which of them does Mary not have?

I know Marie likes dogs, children and socializing. So does Mary.
But what makes you think "the two princesses realize they have very different interests"?

Tags
crown princess mary, danish royals, margrethe ii