The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-06-2011, 03:18 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benedikte View Post
Marie met Joachim 2 months after Alexandra gave birth to Felix.

And apparently they kept in touch at least 2 times.

Danish Royal Watchers
Uugh, that sounds bad, reminds one of the Diana/Camilla/Charles-triangle...

No, trying to read between the lines of the interview they gave, it really sounds a bit foggy when it comes to when, where and what was in the beginning of their relationship.

But that is put into perspective, IMHO, when you see how not only cordial but friendly Alexandra reacts to Marie and how A&M and J&M attend events together in a positive mood. That, especially if you watch video coverage and not only still pics, is evident and seems to be more than the successful trial to do right for the kids.

I see Alexandra as a very controlled but still very emotional and strong woman and I doubt she would be willing to act as if she liked Marie when Marie in fact played some role in the divorce. She was strong enough to divorce a prince and to marry a man younger than her, so why should she react that way if her feelings are not genuine?

Old 02-06-2011, 03:25 PM
Administrator

Let's not get off track talking about the dates regarding the end of one marriage and the beginnings of another. Its all speculative and we have nothing definitive.

What we do know is that Alexandra and Joachim have managed to remain mature and courteous despite their divorce. Marie and Martin appear to have blended into the family with ease. What matters is that all four adults keep the interest of the boys as their top priority. And this is what it should be.

Old 02-06-2011, 03:36 PM
Aristocracy

Ekstra Bladet - Prinsesse Marie: Mary hjalp mig med at falde til

It's [not] easy to go from a life as a mortal Frenchman to suddenly be the princess of Denmark. That Princess Marie had to realise when she arrived to Denmark to be married with the royal peasant husband, Prince Joachim. In an interview with Image magazine Marie explains that she sought help from Princess Mary when she should get settled in the kingdom.

- There was so much to fall into place for me and at first it was very stressful. Here was Mary a great help to me, "says the handsome Frenchman, who also got help from Prince Joachim. But there were still some things the racers peasant could not help.

- Of course it is first and foremost, Joachim, who is the great support for me, but he grew up with his task, and therefore there are things that the Crown Princess better understand, "said Princess Marie.

Intensive Danish course
As politicians prescribes it is important to learn Danish in a hurry to get on in the Danish society. And it applies even if you have stepped into the royal family. This is precisely why Princess Marie and Prince Joachim strict rules for when to speak Danish and French.

- I've asked Joachim that he speak Danish to me until at. 19.00. The rest of the evening, I so need to relax a little, and so we change to French, says Princess Marie to Billedbladet.
Old 02-06-2011, 03:59 PM
Serene Highness

I think that Alexandra is really a very strong and controlled woman Which I don't necessarily regard as a bad thing
But in the end of their marriage, after the divorce, and also after the remarriage, there was only one instance, where I saw as much as a crack, when she looked quiet annoyed, and that was at Felix first day at Krebs in August 2008.
Joachim and the photographers have been waiting at the school for a while when Alexandra and Martin arrived quiet late with Felix, and Alexandra looked annoyed. I guess they were delayed by traffic. But it was the only time I remember, where you could see an annoyed Alexandra.
Old 02-06-2011, 04:36 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataryn View Post
And maybe we'll find out a bit more about Joachim's and Marie's early days when she was just a member of his circle but not yet his girlfriend as he was still married.
I remember reading something about Joachim and Marie meeting at a dinner party organised by 'friends' - could be 2002 or 2003; they had a cosy conversation and exchanged phono numbers. The contact was reactivated after the separation. I'm not convinced this is the whole truth and nothing but, but it's basically none of our business and I suppose the official version will have to do !

Viv
Old 02-06-2011, 04:52 PM
Serene Highness

Hm, so Marie moved to Paris somewhen in 2002, and according to "Mary, Crown Princess of Denmark" by Palshoj/Redder, Mary had lived in Denmark for 18 months by October 2003 (Page 45) which would mean, that she moved to Denmark in April 2002.
Old 02-06-2011, 04:59 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viv View Post
I remember reading something about Joachim and Marie meeting at a dinner party organised by 'friends' - could be 2002 or 2003; they had a cosy conversation and exchanged phono numbers. The contact was reactivated after the separation. I'm not convinced this is the whole truth and nothing but, but it's basically none of our business and I suppose the official version will have to do !

Viv
I agree.

And according to Joachim and Marie they actually was in contact once or twice after 2002 and before the separation.

Danish Royal Watchers
Old 02-06-2011, 05:05 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benedikte View Post
I agree.

And according to Joachim and Marie they actually was in contact once or twice after 2002 and before the separation.

Danish Royal Watchers
If Joachim and Marie only met in October 2002 then it is (IMO) highly unlikely that Mary and Marie were friends in Paris before.
Old 02-06-2011, 05:08 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sternchen View Post
If Joachim and Marie only met in October 2002 then it is (IMO) highly unlikely that Mary and Marie were friends in Paris before.
I do agree.
Old 02-06-2011, 05:26 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Obviously at this time and without concrete information it's impossible to clarify
certain facts about the Princesses' time in Paris and it's highly speculative to
talk about dates and personal backgrounds of the divorce years ago, so let us
please move on now!
Old 08-13-2011, 11:44 PM
Nobility

Dispute between Joachim and Frederik?

I was just reading the current Point de Vue story about the photo call at Grasten, and, if I have my French right, it seems to refer to a recent (or ongoing) dispute between Frederik and Joachim.

The sentence reads: "L'ambiance entre Frederik et Joachim, les deux fils de la reine, ne serait pas au beau fixe, et le cadet aurait ainsi marqué sa fâcherie."

I may be misunderstanding a French idiom or something, but I take that to mean: "The feeling between Frederik and Joachim, the queen's two sons, doesn't seem good, and the younger has picked his fight."

What's up?
Old 08-15-2011, 04:58 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalnel View Post
I was just reading the current Point de Vue story about the photo call at Grasten, and, if I have my French right, it seems to refer to a recent (or ongoing) dispute between Frederik and Joachim.....
What's up?
Some media are barking on about a rift between the brothers ! 'Proof' are pictures of the two looking in different directions etc.. The reason is supposed to be buried somewhere in the wake of Prince Joachim's divorce!!

I doubt that there's any truth in it! From what we (the general public) can see Frederik and Joachim & wives are not hanging out together an awful lot, but that does not mean that "something's the matter". Both couples lead busy lives and have separate sets of friends!
Apart from Graasten the two couples were pictured together at the Monaco wedding!

Viv
Old 08-15-2011, 05:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

The day of the annual picture of the family the Royals are mostly smiling for the press.
Old 08-16-2011, 12:34 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
The day of the annual picture of the family the Royals are mostly smiling for the press.
But it does give a divided picture with the "rest" of the DRF incl. Joachim more or less staffage and everybody concentrating on Fred's family & QM. It would have looked better to do a shoot with them only because nobody seemed interested in the rest.

Don't think there is a rift though, both brothers are getting on with their own lifes & families. Not sure how close the families are (Marie - Mary & the cousins) but I am sure Joachim & Fred are still very close, being brought up in the DRF will unite forever
Old 08-16-2011, 01:02 AM
Nobility

I did notice at Graasten shoot, and at other times, Fred and Mary do not seem to look at each other very much at all. They do not speak either. Is this my imagination? Just seems a bit odd, as when I am in a crowd with my husband, we often glance at each other or interact with each other in some casual way. It's natural to do that. Observation only.
Old 08-16-2011, 01:27 AM
Courtier

Well you are certainly the only one with that observation.
Even at the birth of the twins when they left the hospital there was joy but no unity, togetherness between the pair
Old 08-16-2011, 02:03 AM
Courtier

Goodness with 4 kids to keep an eye on in front of the press, who has time to look ones spouse. Keeping the antics of Isabella under control and trying to get the twins to produce a smile for the cameras, I suspect kept them busy.
Old 08-16-2011, 02:23 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjetajiem View Post
Even at the birth of the twins when they left the hospital there was joy but no unity, togetherness between the pair
Yes, there was.

I think the first is where Mary is thanking Frederik for helping her and doing "everything right"
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Jan2011/PPE11011475.jpg
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Jan2011/PPE11011458.jpg

Just two quick examples.
Old 08-16-2011, 02:29 AM
Nobility

Yes, they have a 4 kid's to cope with, I have children as well but I still manage to glance, say a word or smile at my husband. There is not much interaction between these two, it's been going on for a while, from my obs.
Old 08-16-2011, 02:45 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarlita View Post
Goodness with 4 kids to keep an eye on in front of the press, who has time to look ones spouse. Keeping the antics of Isabella under control and trying to get the twins to produce a smile for the cameras, I suspect kept them busy.
I'd agree here and in general I see F&M rather as pragmatic people, especially after 4 kids & 7 years of marriage. It doesnt come natural to anyone to show affection in public, why making an attempt to fake it.

What makes especially Fred so credible for me is that he doesnt fake anything in front of the camera and I believe that he is very popular with the Danes, despite other shortcomings that have been well discussed in other threads.

In general I dont think the SRF is any more or less dysfunctional as other RF's, the brothers will be close due to their upbringing but the rest will be as ordinary as in other families, its nice when you see each other but its also nice when ways are parting again.

Tags
crown princess mary, danish royals, margrethe ii