Relationship between Mary and Alexandra

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

karolinabraganza

Nobility
i wanted to post on both of them and saw that there is a thread on frederick and joachim but not on the two new additions to the royal family. i hope it is ok posting this hear. thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:
and here some more pictures of the two princesses together.

Attachments

• 6zq01l6v_guest.jpg
    6zq01l6v_guest.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 662
  • 71z01k4o_guest.jpg
    71z01k4o_guest.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 669
  • 50837397.jpg
    50837397.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 548
  • 51404604.jpg
    51404604.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 646
  • ch128333_guest.jpg
    ch128333_guest.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 6,476
  • 6pm01kw7_guest.jpg
    6pm01kw7_guest.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 866
  • 6py01lfp_guest.jpg
    6py01lfp_guest.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 859
  • 6pz01ls4_guest.jpg
    6pz01ls4_guest.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 826
  • 6sr01l3c_guest.jpg
    6sr01l3c_guest.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 862
  • 6pz01luh_guest.jpg
    6pz01luh_guest.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 921
well that is a thread with photos of the both of them togather in the same photo i mean Frederik and Joachim

but sure do you want a thread tralking about mary and alexandra compare them or talk about thier relkationchip we can do so but please post phtos that are relevent to this thread and please say why you post a specifik photos so we all can be a prt of it and talk about it togather i can even mergte this thread with other alexandra mary threads the one with compering their CV's

i would love to see some photos of alexandra and mary togather

the first message was posted in relation to the colourpress comparison. i admit the pictures dont show them together! but i hope the second posting clarifies this. i think it would be nice to keep the thread since i do hope that we will have many more pictures in the future of both princesses together. if it is merged with the CV threads, people might not automatically assume to find picture discussions there. i hope this makes sense! thanks for understanding

there are so many pictures of laurentien-maxima, letizia-elena/christina but not many of mary and alexandra. they seem to atend few events together.
here one more from this weeks church service

Attachments

• 0011.jpg
    0011.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 859
  • 0010.jpg
    0010.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 742
Last edited:
i found a few more

Attachments

• 6pz01lro_guest.jpg
    6pz01lro_guest.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 813
Last edited:
Mary and Alexandra

There are many pictures posted of CP Mary sitting next to HH Alexandra but I have not seen the two interact. You always see other princesses, i.e. CP Leticia and the Infanta's interact, but not Mary and Alexandra. Does anybody have any information of their relationship or lack of? Is Alexandra jealous of Mary and this further strained her relationship with her ex-husband?

They did interact when they were both present at a fashion show. If you look in a thread (cant remember which) there is some pics of them looking like they are discussing the dresses they are seeing.

The media has tried to create a rivalry between Alex and Mary but no we dont really see them interacting very much. Please correct me if i am wrong here. ]

PS- Welcome to the forums Lourdes!

Last edited:
Lourdes said:
There are many pictures posted of CP Mary sitting next to HH Alexandra but I have not seen the two interact. You always see other princesses, i.e. CP Leticia and the Infanta's interact, but not Mary and Alexandra. Does anybody have any information of their relationship or lack of? Is Alexandra jealous of Mary and this further strained her relationship with her ex-husband?

They have interacted, especially at the fashion that they both attended. They were even photographed laughing and whispering like girlfriends.

The media is simply trying to create a rivalry between these two women, especially since Alex and Joachim's divorce.

I doubt that Alex is jealous of Mary. For what reason? Alex still has the best of both worlds. She continues to represent the RF and now has her own home and life that is separate from them as well. Sounds good to me. She has not only been allowed to keep the title Princess of Denmark, but has had a title created specifically for her which she can maintain even if she should choose to remarry. I think that says a lot about her significance and contributions to the RF of Denmark, not to mention the amount of the respect that Her Majesty clearly must have for Alexandra.

I do not see where Alex and Joachim have a strained relationship. They may no longer be husband and wife, but they still appear to be good friends who are doing a wonderful job of being civil after a divorce that could have been extremely messy. The media certainly tried to create an uproar, but when they saw that Alex and Joachim were not going to have it, they chose to start making trouble elsewhere.

it's not true that they don't interact together. they were seen many times attending shows together and alexandra from what mary said once helped her a lot during the first times in the royal house.

I wonder why Princess Alexandra never have her own new year's reception for her patronages like Princess Mary did...

purple_platinum said:
I wonder why Princess Alexandra never have her own new year's reception for her patronages like Princess Mary did...
Is a good question indeed..Alexandra is soo sympathic and wonderful woman and princess..she should have the same chance to make this reception..but now that the isnt a member of the RF anymore is very difficult to happens...and I suppose that the Queen gave this chance to Mary to make her feel more comfortable and closer with her patronages and charities

Last edited:
yes, i think Mary is an exception.
Alexandra could host her own reception when she was still married, and member of RF, but she didn't.
it would've been very interesting..

Alex is not the kind of woman who needs her own kur to make a statement about her own work for charities. :cool:

Maybe because it is not part of danish tradition. I've read that until now, just Fredrick does. In this occassion, it is probably that Mary asked for it, it is maybe part of her caracther to do things like this and didn't had problems to ask Fredrick if it was possible. I cant see Alexandra doing the same thing, as it sounds like a bit out of her boundaries.

melissajames said:
Alex is not the kind of woman who needs her own kur to make a statement about her own work for charities.

i totally agree with you..
she's secure with herself and do her humanitarian work or patronages at a slightly different method than mary.
i personally like her works better (like when she visited south africa, india, bangladesh, and many other places)

I dont think it is fare to confront their works, as they have different roles and experience. Alexandra is already an old member of the family, Mary has just few years and she needs time to adapt and evolve, like any other person in a new position.

purple_platinum said:
i totally agree with you..
she's secure with herself and do her humanitarian work or patronages at a slightly different method than mary.
i personally like her works better (like when she visited south africa, india, bangladesh, and many other places)

Yes, I think the same. Alex is not the type who is afraid of getting her hands dirty. She is happy to see what the charities actually do and how she can actually help them to help others. She does not need to dress up in a ball gown to do her job. ;)

Ariel said:
I dont think it is fare to confront their works, as they have different roles and experience. Alexandra is already an old member of the family, Mary has just few years and she needs time to adapt and evolve, like any other person in a new position.

Yes, you are right about that. I have to say I do not agree with Mary hosting her own Kur. But I better leave this for another thread otherwise will be going off topic. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
And I think that a direct comparison between Mary and Alexandra in this instance is pointless. Mary is married to the heir, Alexandra was not.

Mellissajames, what does "Alex is not the kind of woman who needs her own kur to make a statement about her own work for charities. :cool:" mean :confused:
Do you know for sure that e.g. the idea of a 'kur' for Mary's patronages does not originate from the queen herself?

maybe its pecause Mary are breastfeeding and have the little prince in a nearby chamber. It makes it easyer for her to nursing the child when she is home and not at the big Christiansborg castle

UserDane said:
Mellissajames, what does "Alex is not the kind of woman who needs her own kur to make a statement about her own work for charities. :cool:" mean :confused:
Do you know for sure that e.g. the idea of a 'kur' for Mary's patronages does not originate from the queen herself?

May be the queen came up with the idea...what difference would that make? :confused:

As far as I am concerned, Mary has been representing the charities for 2 years tops? And she/whoever at the court feels the need to host a party to celebrate this accomplishment its over the top to me.

If Mary hosts her own Kur after representing the charities for 5/10 years, then yes a party would be well deserved and appropriate.

I doubt she can even remember all the organisations that she's supposed to be supporting and their chair person's name by heart without rehersing. :D

Anyone can turn up at a function all dressed up and make small talk without putting in too much effort. But the REAL work of supporting charities and their objectives lies in doing field work and seeing the real challenges for yourself, and this is something that Alex understands and can do flawlessly. ;)

melissajames said:
May be the queen came up with the idea...what difference would that make? :confused:
Because then it's not Mary who's the 'kind of woman' who needs a kur, is it now?

I consider it a good thing with some new initiatives at the court so this new kur is fine with me. Just as I am sure it would have been considered the best invention since toothpaste if the same had been arranged for Alex:rolleyes:

melissajames said:
I doubt she can even remember all the organisations that she's supposed to be supporting and their chair person's name by heart without rehersing. :D
I would assume that all royals do some sort of rehearsing before this type of event.

melissajames said:
.. and this is something that Alex understands and can do flawlessly. ;)
Ohh, yes you could say her many years of practice is paying off now.

UserDane said:

Because then it's not Mary who's the 'kind of woman' who needs a kur, is it now?

I am not sure if we are talking about the same thing here...
so how does it make any difference who's orginial idea it was for Mary to hold her own Kur? Why does it matter to you so much that this was not Mary's idea? :confused:

May be who ever it was that suggested it felt Mary 'needed' to hold one not only to recongise the charities she's supposed to be supporting but also to show the world that Mary is 'grateful' to be working for them.

Publicity for all parties involved.

As far as I am concerned, Mary has been representing the charities for 2 years tops? And she/whoever at the court feels the need to host a party to celebrate this accomplishment its over the top to me.

If Mary hosts her own Kur after representing the charities for 5/10 years, then yes a party would be well deserved and appropriate.

Anyone can turn up at a function all dressed up and make small talk without putting in too much effort. But the REAL work of supporting charities and their objectives lies in doing field work and seeing the real challenges for yourself, and this is something that Alex understands and can do flawlessly. ;)

The quote above is from melissajames from the previous thread. Just a couple of points I want to make. Firstly, Alexandra holds something similar - I think fans of Alexandra would be more capable than me of putting links to pictures and links to posts relating to Alex (and Joachim) meeting reps of their various charities, just to say thank you.

Also, although its called a "kur", there were no ballgowns involved at all. Indeed, its really very similar to Alexandra's "kur" (although its not called that for Alex). perhaps the only difference is the date, and no pictures of Mary' kur was released directly to the press. Posters from CPMMB have unearthed a Billed Bladet article saying this (that only a court photographer was present, that the pictures aren't released directly to the press, but instead are given to the patronages - perhaps so they can post it up on their website. Good idea - it will mean that people will visit the various websites, thereby increasing awareness of the various patronages.

I also do not agree that one has to wait 5 to 10 years to say thank you. I'm perhaps a little impatient, but even a year is too long a wait! Seriously though, I think mary understands that this is not only a chance for her to acknowledge the charities who have accepted her as patron, but is also an excellent opportunity to bring attention to the various causes (as indicated by the decision to release the photos to the charities only and not directly to the press - now that's a very smart move!).

In regards to Mary not being able to remember the names of her patronages. Well, I think that's just a baseless comment, especially as many of her charities have already said that Mary has made great contributions (even if we're not always aware of them). For example, there was no official media release but the founder of the Allanah and Madeleine Foundation here in Australia decided to speak to a women's magazine here in Australia, just to thank the CPss for the support she's given. He also indicated that the CPss was the reason why anti-bullying programs which is being introduced into Austalian schools will also be introduce in Denmark. Just things that that, we would not have known if someone hadn't spoken up about it. Now things like that are real and practical contributions - and goes way beyond appearing at functions and visiting people and places (which are also very good because it boosts morale and brings attention to the various causes).

I suppose Mary hasn't made many overseas trips for her charities - she hasn't visited India or Africa etc. Does she need to if a former member of the DRF is already doing a good job at it? I think not (just as a small aside as well - in some ways, visiting other countries is the same as attending a function - no direct practical work involved, no digging etc, but is a perfect opportunity to bring attention to the case merely by being there). Also, can one deny the fact that she can do just as good a job if she stays in Denmark - especially for the Danish based charities?

Furthermore, she has a young baby and I think its important that she stays with him (and Fred).

Last edited:
Danish tabloid daily BT servey that princess Alexnadra is better then crown princess Mary Copenhagen Denmark Jan.8,2006

from newscom

Attachments

• showcasepix631648.jpg
    showcasepix631648.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 345
fanletizia said:
Danish tabloid daily BT servey that princess Alexnadra is better then crown princess Mary Copenhagen Denmark Jan.8,2006

from newscom

Thank you for posting. :p

Do you know what the story is about? Please do tell. :)

Well no dah shes better she does so much more work. Not saying that Mary is bad but it is pretty hard to beat Princess Alex. Alexandra has set the bar pretty high.

Also note that this is the tabloid that said Alexandra was adulterous and cheated on Joachim.

I don't think this magazine really cares for the people it features. It always contadicts itself and relies on negativity (in this instance, saying one is better than the other) to sell its magazines.

fanletizia said:

from newscom

Again, another silly useless poll.

Both women are unique in their own way, and both woman contribute so much to their respective charities, the DRF, and to the people of Denmark. This ongoing pettiness of comparing the two is becoming quite old and frankly laughable. I'm sure Mary and Alexandra are having a good laugh as much as I am about who is better or more popular than the other.

:)

Question

princess olga said:
Yes, isn't this just MARVELOUS?

I'm sooo glad that there are folks out there who would agree with us Alexandra fans that this is a woman who only got more interesting AFTER her divorce: recognition that this is a person who's thriving in the face of adversity.

Also just fab to see that life can and does get better after age 40! And that one doesn't have to be 16 (Peaches Geldof, Sir Bob's daughter, who's also on the list) to be considered 'interesting' and a 'person to watch'.

Plus, to be totally honest, I can't help but be glad that Alex is giving all these crown princesses a run for their money (yes including that self-entitled-seeming sister in law of hers)

Bottom line: You go, Alex!

One off-topic P.S. though: I'd venture to say that the other princess worth watching would in my opinion be Maxima, considering her hard work last year despite having another child, and her subsequent considerable achievements. But again, that's something for another thread.

Just a question, but has anyone reviewed what exactly Aledxandra did in the first few years of her marriage? It would be believable that she also took up the time to build her public schedule and initiate herseld into the various charities and organizations she heads/patronizes, would it not?

Mary can certainly not, in my opinion, equal Alexandras acheivements of many years in the 2 years that she has behind her already. It takes time. Furthermore, it would also be believable to think that Alexandras first few years were dedicated not only to the above, but to also producing a family.

Perhaps we should keep in mind that Alexandra has produced her family, while Mary is still working on this, and that Alexandra has many years that she has used to build her relationships with various organizations. It would be unfair and totally unrealistic to think that anyone could match those accomplishments in such a short time. Perhaps giving Mary the time to do so, and in her own manner would be the fairer thing to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom