The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2007, 07:12 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lourdes
Either way you look at it between Alexandra and Mary, Mary will be queen and Alexandra will not. Should Alexandra remain in Denmark, which I think she will, Alexandra will be her subject.
A little correction. Alexandra will never be a 'subject' to Mary. Both ladies are and will always be a 'subject' to the Danish Sovereign as long as they remain Danish citizens. In that sense, both are equal. Only their préséance at the Court is different.

P.S.: most countries, even monarchies, do no not (or no longer) know the notion of 'subjects'.

Old 01-14-2007, 08:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by suss 2
Hi, I don't usually get into these discussions about Alexandra, but I have for some time thought that the reason Joachim and Alex broke up, was because Alex had been having an affair with Martin.
Please, I may be totally wrong, and if I am I apologise, but isn't this what happened?
This is a false rumor. There is no evidence to support this claim, Suss 2.

To this day, the public does not know the reason for their divorce and it will remain that way.

Old 01-14-2007, 08:23 PM
Gentry

Thank you for the clarification, GlitteringTiaras. Just what I wanted.
Old 01-15-2007, 09:45 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heike
This week I found a very mean article against Princess Alexandra published in a German magazine. It was the cover story about why Alexandra and Mary donīt get along with each other. (My first question, do they really donīt get along with each other?)

According to this article, the reason is that Alex is very jealous of Mary. The author even wrote that Alex went to talk to the Queen asking for more charity jobs after seeing Mary so well-loved because of her work. But the Queen refused her request and made it clear for Alex that now Mary is the middle point. She didnīt allow Alex to walk on the red carpet in the New Yearīs gala. Alex must use the side door as a "normal" guest. She is no more a member of the RF, no more a "Her Royal Highness" and she must step aside.

The popularity of Mary in Denmark goes higher and higher. Alex is very upset and unpleasant about this fact.
I am very sceptical towards anything I read in German magazines.
Usually they take 5% truth and wrap it up in 95% fiction.
The 5% truth in this case is that Alexandra is no longer "Her Royal Highness" but "Her Higness"
and that she was a "normal" guest at the New Year's Court and therefore entered the palace like all the other guests.

Everything else I would say is the magazine's personal interpretation and speculation.
And actually there is another magazine this week claiming the exact opposite:
Mary is jealous of Alexandra because she is more popular than her.

Stories like that popped up the moment Mary appeared on the scene
and only show the journalists' limited imagination if you ask me.
Moreover they make neither of the two ladies look good.

Quote:
I am sometimes confused why many German media call Princess Alexandra Hong-Kong Chinese when referring to her original nationality. It seems that these media havenīt checked carefully enough about her background. She was born in Hong Kong when it still belonged to the Great Britain. She was a British citizen. As for her heritage, she is half Austrian, one-fourth British and one-fourth Chinese. In this magazine she was called a Hong-Kong Chinese again. What is the logic to call her so?

One more question, does anyone know if Mary read stories for children before Christmas? This article claimed so but I remember it was Alex who did this? Or both of them read stories for children before Christmas?
Usually there is no logic in German magazines and a lot of mistakes.
(Yes, it was only Alexandra who read stories to children.)
They make up stories which they believe will sell: rivalry, marriage problems, homesickness....

Quote:
Are there any Danes in this forum? Is it true that Alex is not so beloved like before?
Well, let's wait for the next poll.
I personally think she is still very popular, though perhaps not as beloved as before.
As someone who does not like her I feel I am quite in the minority.
(But I am only a half-Dane and not living in Denmark.
So perhaps I am wrong.)
Old 01-15-2007, 02:26 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurberryBrit
I find this interesting too that she is identified by the ethnicity that makes up her DNA the least. But to MOST people, she looks Asian, so that's how people are going to see her.
To me she looks Asian, too, but only if you see her from the front. I think itīs because of her eyes. If you see her profile pictures taken from the side, she looks very European. Alex looks like her father. On the contrary, her two sisters donīt look Asian at all.

Anyway, itīs really weird to see or hear the media here calling her "Hong-Kong Chinese". In the daily German conversation, a Hong Kong Chinese means simply a Chinese from Hong Kong, whose citizenship or ethnicity is Chinese. Itīs a pity that the media choose this word to identify her without any further explaination. In this way, her multicultural and multilingual background canīt be revealed to people who donīt know her. I think her mixed background is one of the reasons which makes her so special and attractive!!

Although itīs quite natural and instinctive to identify oneīs ethnicity through his/her appearance, this doesnīt apply to the journalists. Itīs their obligation to check up everything before they publish a story.
Old 01-17-2007, 06:49 AM
Heir Presumptive

I think it is a pitty that they don't talk too mucht!
Old 01-30-2007, 04:15 PM
Nobility
Royal Blogger

I don't know if this image has been posted, but here are Mary & Alexandra from princessalexandradk.info:
http://www.princessalexandradk.info/...okt%20%206.jpg

"Not everyone who chased the zebra caught it, but he who caught it, chased it" - South African proverb
Old 01-30-2007, 04:23 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex001
I don't know if this image has been posted, but here are Mary & Alexandra from princessalexandradk.info:
http://www.princessalexandradk.info/...okt%20%206.jpg
When was this?
Old 01-30-2007, 04:25 PM
Nobility
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelD
When was this?
I can't remember. I clicked away the tab instead of off the tab, so the link went. i'll just go and look...

"Not everyone who chased the zebra caught it, but he who caught it, chased it" - South African proverb
Old 01-30-2007, 06:23 PM
Heir Apparent

The photo of Mary and Alexandra was from the State Opening of Parliament a couple of years ago.

Mary just had her gallbladder removed a few days before the opening.

The correct link, Alex001, can be found here: Alexandra fansite