The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-12-2006, 07:15 AM
Heir Apparent

Princess Nathalie of Berleburg and Family, Current Events Part 1: January 2006 -

A new year, a new thread...
This time it's dedicated to Princess Nathalie, daughter of Princess Benedikte & Prince Richard of Berleburg.

Nathalie, Princess zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg, is born on 2 May 1975.
Here's her official website : http://www.nathalie-wittgenstein.de/

Please post her current news & pictures here... thank u!

Princess Nathalie on billetbladet (dated january 11, 2006)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	000000002nat.jpg
Views:	372
Size:	16.4 KB
ID:	223650  

Old 08-20-2006, 08:19 AM
Heir Apparent

Good news for all equestrian & royal fans - Princess Nathalie will be competing at the upcoming World Equestrian Games in Aachen Germany, starting next week. She will compete in dressage, of course, for the Danish National Team, on her horse Digby. In Europe we can watch the WEG on Eurosport.

To see a list of all the national teams participating, go here.

Old 08-20-2006, 09:01 AM
Courtier

Would be nice to know something else about Princess Nathalie´s life..Does she have a boyfriend?
Old 08-21-2006, 09:15 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandDuchess
Good news for all equestrian & royal fans - Princess Nathalie will be competing at the upcoming World Equestrian Games in Aachen Germany, starting next week. She will compete in dressage, of course, for the Danish National Team, on her horse Digby. In Europe we can watch the WEG on Eurosport.

To see a list of all the national teams participating, go here.
And she will do so with her mother, HRH Princess Benedikte, cheering for her!
Old 08-21-2006, 12:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adry
Would be nice to know something else about Princess Nathalie´s life..Does she have a boyfriend?
Well it's hard to know since the Danish press doesn't really cover Nathalie and Gustav very well, and the German press doesn't seem to pay much attention too them either. It would be nice if the Danish press could write more about them!

In the summer of 2005 Nathalie did not have a boyfriend (read that in BT), but of course that can have changed since then - it's been a year after all!
Old 08-23-2006, 08:03 AM
Heir Apparent

Nathalie & Digby yesterday, picture from the Danish Riding Association.

Yesterday Princess Nathalie was one of the two first danes to compete for their country in the World Equestrian Games in Aachen, Germany. After passing through the vet check without any remarks, Nathalie and Digby performed well together in the Grand Prix that started the first day of the WEG.

After a very promising start, they had some problems in the gallop. Their score ended on 66.083%. The Danish National Team's coach, Rudolf Zeilinger, agreed with the results of the first day after having seen all the equipages. With the result, Nathalie ended on a 15th place, and Denmark was on a 6th place in the team ranking after yesterday, but the Grand Prix continues today (ends this afternoon).

http://www.rideforbund.dk/DRF/nyhede...20er%20startet
Old 08-24-2006, 07:58 AM
Heir Apparent

Just popping in here to tell you all that unfortunately Princess Nathalie did not qualify herself individually in the Grand Prix to start in the Grand Prix Special this coming weekend... She and Digby did not perform their best and they ended up on 39th place in the individual results - only the 30 best qualified for the Grand Prix Special (and from that one qualifies to the Kür).

The Danish dressage team ended up on a 4th place in total in the Grand Prix, a very good result - but not the 3rd place and bronze that they had so hoped for.
Old 09-06-2006, 02:47 AM
Courtier

At least, the members of the team did try their best on their event.

I do hope we could hear more from Princess Nathalie. I am really interested on her but she does not get much press coverage compared to her cousins. But I think some royals might be wishing they lead a life same as her. I think hers is more relaxed and peaceful compared to the rest.
Never let go of anyone that you could not go a day without thinking about. There just might be a very good reason why they're always on your mind. Sometimes, it's the brain that knows too well what the heart tries so hard to deny
~ ~ Anonymous ~ ~
Old 10-17-2006, 02:14 PM

Princess Nathalie, Prince Gustav and their mother, Princess Benedikte were the only adult members of the Berleburg family at Grasten Slot this year, right? I know the children of Princess Alexandra of Berleburg were there. But was Princess Alexandra of Berleburg herself there? I didn't notice her in any of the pictures.
Old 10-17-2006, 08:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio
Princess Nathalie, Prince Gustav and their mother, Princess Benedikte were the only adult members of the Berleburg family at Grasten Slot this year, right? I know the children of Princess Alexandra of Berleburg were there. But was Princess Alexandra of Berleburg herself there? I didn't notice her in any of the pictures.
I thought it looked like Princess Alexandra who was at the family gathering at Grasten with her children. And Nathalie was the one not present, but I could be wrong. Maybe someone else knows for sure.
Old 10-18-2006, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchat
I thought it looked like Princess Alexandra who was at the family gathering at Grasten with her children. And Nathalie was the one not present, but I could be wrong. Maybe someone else knows for sure.
I might be wrong as well but to me this woman in these pictures looks like the same person:
http://www.nettyroyal.nl/nathalie.html (definitely Nathalie)
http://s2.supload.com/free/603851AX.jpg/view/ (Nathalie or Alexandra?)

Princess Alexandra of Berleburg
http://meta2.fotomarktplatz.de/image...19-04-1441.jpg

Sources: Rex, Netty's website, and VR
Old 10-18-2006, 12:44 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple_platinum
Princess Nathalie on billetbladet (dated january 11, 2006)
Which one is Natalie? The left one or the right?

no seriously, that's a cute horse she's got there, I take it it's Digby.
Old 10-18-2006, 01:24 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio
I might be wrong as well but to me this woman in these pictures looks like the same person:
http://www.nettyroyal.nl/nathalie.html (definitely Nathalie)
http://s2.supload.com/free/603851AX.jpg/view/ (Nathalie or Alexandra?)

Princess Alexandra of Berleburg
http://meta2.fotomarktplatz.de/image...19-04-1441.jpg

Sources: Rex, Netty's website, and VR
Here's Princess Alexandra at Graaston with her two children sitting next to her mother, Princess Benedikte.

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...1&d=1154618076
Old 10-18-2006, 05:57 AM
Heir Apparent

Princess Nathalie was interviewed in Billed Bladet last week, stating that she had a boyfriend, but that her parents hadn't met him yet.

She's also the focus of a book that came out in October, "Mitt liv med heste": http://documentas.dk/udgivelser/2006..._med_heste.htm ("My life with horses")
Old 10-18-2006, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy
Here's Princess Alexandra at Graaston with her two children sitting next to her mother, Princess Benedikte.

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...1&d=1154618076
Thank for clearing it up, Mandy. I thought it was Nathalie. They look very much alike. I thought it was strange that Nathalie was there, with Alexandra's kids, but no Alexandra, but considered that maybe Alexandra was at Grasten and just skipped out on the photo shoot for some reason. But it makes more sense now I know for sure she is Alexandra.
Old 07-05-2008, 03:27 PM
Heir Apparent

A nice interview with Princess Nathalie in which she discusses the upcoming Olympics whereupon she will be representing Denmark. Click here to watch the program
Old 07-05-2008, 07:01 PM
Courtier

Can anyone translate what she's saying?

I'm looking forward to seeing a royal at the Olympics as a participant! Now that Zara Phillips isn't going to compete, hopefully we'll be able to see Nathalie!
His sense of responsibility is not less than yours or mine. How could we tell right from wrong as simple people in any kind of situation? How could we know that our courage, loyalty and lives were not misused for evil purposes?
Old 07-06-2008, 05:26 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by morhange View Post
Can anyone translate what she's saying?

I'm looking forward to seeing a royal at the Olympics as a participant! Now that Zara Phillips isn't going to compete, hopefully we'll be able to see Nathalie!
She's talking about the upcoming selection for the Olympics. The Danish group is being selected today - they're selecting 3 riders from 4 contenders. Nathalie has not been selected the past two Olympics, but points out that she's the only one who has beaten the rider who everybody views as a safe bet on the team in the past years.

She also talks about how she doesn't feel like a typical princess, and doesn't use her title. - Being a princess, it isn't me. I prefer the country, and walking around with mud under my shoes. Oh, the long dresses can be nice.
Old 07-07-2008, 10:30 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by norwegianne View Post
She's talking about the upcoming selection for the Olympics. The Danish group is being selected today - they're selecting 3 riders from 4 contenders. Nathalie has not been selected the past two Olympics, but points out that she's the only one who has beaten the rider who everybody views as a safe bet on the team in the past years.

She also talks about how she doesn't feel like a typical princess, and doesn't use her title. - Being a princess, it isn't me. I prefer the country, and walking around with mud under my shoes. Oh, the long dresses can be nice.
According to Ekstrabladet, Princess Nathalie has been selected to ride on the Danish team. She will be riding Digby.
Old 07-08-2008, 05:56 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by norwegianne View Post
According to Ekstrabladet, Princess Nathalie has been selected to ride on the Danish team. She will be riding Digby.
That is great news. She has done quite well in the past year, I am pretty sure she wont be dissapointing at the games. Will she aslo participate in the individual dressage ?

Tags
princess nathalie zu sayn-wittgenstein-berleburg