The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-15-2014, 10:36 AM
Heir Apparent

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #16, 2014.
Written by Annelise Weimann.

While Annelise Weimann visited Benedikte to take a long stroll down memory lane (more on that later), she bumped into Nathalie and her son Konstantin in front of the Schloss.
3½ year old Konstatin is attending kindergarten in the forenoon, while Nathalie goes riding.

And she provides us with a lot of details of their every day life.

"My son understands everything you say to him in Danish and that's what's most important. But he sin't so fond of speaking it. He can say the colors though.
Konstantin, what's the color of your blouse"? - "Blue".
And your shoes"? "Green".

"My mother always speaks Danish to him, because I've asked her to and I mostly speak Danish as well. But his father only speak German, he attends a German kindergarten and we live in Germany, so it's a bit tricky".

"I've never had a nanny for him, but always looked after him myself. I I have to do something in the afternoons, I have a very sweet (female) friend, who live right next door, who looks after him. My mother also takes care of him from time to time, that's easier now he has become so big/grown so old. But back when he still used a diaper, it wasn't easy". (*)

Q: You live right next door to your parents. Do you see each other often?
N: "Days can easily pass where we don't see each other much. We don't dine together so often any more. We stopped doing that when Konstantin grew a little bigger and no longer needed his midday nap. Instead he gets tired around 19.00.
And if I bring him over for dinner in the evening... well, then it isn't so good for the relationship between him and my father. Because my father isn't so patient with small children who are tired". She ends this...interesting...sentence with a big smile. (**)

(*) So major yukk, from Benedikte when it's time to change diapers? You can always hold the little critters in the arms and hose them down. They may squeal a little but nothing a good therapist can't handle later on in life.

(**) There are times when I really want to hit Prince Richard on the head with a big shovel! Come on, he's your grandson! Tug him in for the night. Tell him how the Big Bad Wolf used a 600 mm bazooka to blast down the houses of the Three Little Pigs and how the pigs hired a hitman to get rid of the wolff eventually.
Richard comes across as a very egocentric person.

Old 04-15-2014, 02:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post

(**) There are times when I really want to hit Prince Richard on the head with a big shovel! Come on, he's your grandson! Tug him in for the night. Tell him how the Big Bad Wolf used a 600 mm bazooka to blast down the houses of the Three Little Pigs and how the pigs hired a hitman to get rid of the wolff eventually.
Richard comes across as a very egocentric person.
I laughed so much when I read your last paragraph but yeah, I share your feelings. Prince Richard must be a very difficult man to deal with.

Old 08-13-2014, 04:45 AM
Heir Apparent

Congratulations to Princess Nathalie and her husband as they're expecting their second child.

PREGNANT: Princess Nathalie expecting baby number two | Royalista
Old 08-13-2014, 05:13 AM
Super Moderator

When Princess Nathalie retired her champion horse Digby I thought that now was a good time for a 2nd child. It seems that she and Alexander thought the same! Congratulations to the family!
Old 08-14-2014, 01:04 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarn67 View Post
Congratulations to Princess Nathalie and her husband as they're expecting their second child.

PREGNANT: Princess Nathalie expecting baby number two | Royalista

Lovely news and Congratulations to them!! :)

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Tags
princess nathalie zu sayn-wittgenstein-berleburg