Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-31-2011, 02:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sternchen View Post
Dressage
Thanks Sternchen

Dressage, eh? Also know as: silly walks for horses....

Old 06-01-2011, 10:56 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

A few posts have been deleted as off topic, please use the PM method for personal discussions. Thanks!

Old 06-14-2011, 04:14 PM
Imperial Majesty

Wittgenstein - Hochzeit ohne Hindernisse - Siegener-Zeitung
Old 06-16-2011, 04:40 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarn67

Not sure why she felt the need to take a swipe at American football when she's discussing horses, babies & weddings. It's a bit obnoxious IMO.

As an American, I was not bothered by Princess Nathalie's statements about American football. I believe the her rant was only supposed to inject some humor into this interview. Some people find almost everything an 'insult,' which only speaks volumes on the uppity attitude they possess. The bigger they are, the harder they fall! Smile! ;-}

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotHRH

As an American, I was not bothered by Princess Nathalie's statements about American football. I believe the her rant was only supposed to inject some humor into this interview. Some people find almost everything an 'insult,' which only speaks volumes on the uppity attitude they possess. The bigger they are, the harder they fall! Smile! ;-}

I was informed, via this forum, of the existence of Princess Nathalie of Sayn...... Anyway her royal 'title' is simply does exist and is therefore 'bogus,' I hope only the best for her as she has turned the page on the next chapter in the story of her life!!
Old 06-16-2011, 05:09 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotHRH View Post
Are you refering to post #171? Well, if you read it closely you will see that Princess Nathalie didn't mention American football at all. It was just Muhler's comment to explain that she of course meant soccer, when she said that Konstantin might want to play "football".
His comment clealy was meant to be funny, not offensive. Just to underline that Europeans are quite soccer crazy, and that we Europeans always think about soccer when the word "football" is meantioned. Konstantin will grow up in Berleburg, Germany. So there is a very big chance that the boy will catch the highly contagious soccer bug as soon as he can walk. (And believe me, I know what the soccer bug can do. I had to grow up with an older brother who got it! And obviously Muhler caught it as well).
Old 06-16-2011, 05:18 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotHRH View Post
Anyway her royal 'title' is simply does exist and is therefore 'bogus,'
Excuse me? It doesn't exist?
Old 06-16-2011, 05:43 PM
Serene Highness

It isn't bogus, it is just part of her name and not a title in Germany. Outside of Germany, the RF of the country decides if it wants to recognize the title.
Old 06-16-2011, 05:43 PM
Courtier

You are correct, Nathalie is a Serene not Royal Highness.
Old 06-16-2011, 06:43 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C.
Are you refering to post #171? Well, if you read it closely you will see that Princess Nathalie didn't mention American football at all. It was just Muhler's comment to explain that she of course meant soccer, when she said that Konstantin might want to play "football".
His comment clealy was meant to be funny, not offensive. Just to underline that Europeans are quite soccer crazy, and that we Europeans always think about soccer when the word "football" is meantioned. Konstantin will grow up in Berleburg, Germany. So there is a very big chance that the boy will catch the highly contagious soccer bug as soon as he can walk. (And believe me, I know what the soccer bug can do. I had to grow up with an older brother who got it! And obviously Muhler caught it as well).

TillaC.,
My bad! I did go back and read some more posts in this thread, and found the post which you were referring to!

Do Denmark and Germany share a common border?
Again, the best of luck to newlyweds and baby Konstantine!
Old 06-16-2011, 06:57 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Thanks Sternchen

Dressage, eh? Also know as: silly walks for horses....
Actually and I'm sure you know this, Dressage was created or invented when horses were used in war-they had to be trained to react to their riders moves under all circumstances and it has progressed from that. It may look silly, but a great many of the movements are really good for the horses flexibility and it is a very difficult competition to do well in. Takes years of training for both the horse and rider
Old 06-17-2011, 01:58 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderingnana View Post
Actually and I'm sure you know this, Dressage was created or invented when horses were used in war-they had to be trained to react to their riders moves under all circumstances and it has progressed from that. It may look silly, but a great many of the movements are really good for the horses flexibility and it is a very difficult competition to do well in. Takes years of training for both the horse and rider
You are of course right.
It just makes me think of Monty Python's silly walk.
- I simply couldn't resist the remark. It was there for the right leg, to use a soccer expression.
Old 06-17-2011, 07:50 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

All posts discussing the June 17 pre-wedding dinner has been moved to the
Princess Nathalie zu S-W-B and Alexander Johannsmann wedding thread

found here
Old 06-18-2011, 11:31 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sternchen View Post
It isn't bogus, it is just part of her name and not a title in Germany. Outside of Germany, the RF of the country decides if it wants to recognize the title.
Many years ago the Queen of Denmark somehow resolved that Nathalie and her siblings are members of the extended Danish royal family and that she is styled Her highness Princess Nathalie z-S-W-B in a Danish context!
Whether it makes her royal generally speaking, is a matter of interpretation, but IMHO there is no doubt about the stance of the Danish royal Court! The style and the title are performative nouns, meaning that words do create what they mention!

Sternchen is right nevertheless, and it's my impression that Nathalie is not trying to pull rank in a German context! Corrrect me if I'm wrong!

Viv
Old 06-19-2011, 04:31 AM
Super Moderator

Posts discussing the wedding have been moved to the couple's wedding thread:

** Princess Nathalie zu S-W-B and Alexander Johannsmann - 27 May 2010, 17-18 June 2011 **
Old 08-03-2011, 09:04 AM
Super Moderator

Princess Nathalie attended the Danish Dressage Championship in Broholm, Denmark, July 31, 2011.
She rode her 15-year-old gelding Rigoletto for the last time in a competition. Now the horse retires.

** Pic ** gallery **
Old 08-07-2011, 11:32 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

06-08-2011 Princess Nathalie, Berleburg giving riding lessons to equestrian students in Copenhagen.

PPE gallery
Old 08-15-2011, 06:26 AM
Super Moderator

The students are surely happy to have such an experienced teacher..

Princess Nathalie has given an interview to Danish Berlinske who visited her in Bad Berleburg,
Germany. The article link includes some nice quotes:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** b.dk gallery **

** b.dk: Prinsessen på hesten ** translation **
Old 08-15-2011, 09:03 AM
Heir Apparent

Thank you, Iceflower

The note about Princess Nathalie not being in the line of succession is worth emphasizing.
According to the Danish Law of Succession only officially acknowledged heirs to the throne can (in theory) become Monarch. All such acknowledged heirs are listed in an official protocol from 177-something.
Those who are not listed in that protocol are not considered legal heirs. Period.
- In other words: The concept about being the 68th or 968th in line for the Danish throne simply does not exist in DK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

The students are surely happy to have such an experienced teacher..

Princess Nathalie has given an interview to Danish Berlinske who visited her in Bad Berleburg,
Germany. The article link includes some nice quotes:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** b.dk gallery **

** b.dk: Prinsessen på hesten ** translation **
Old 12-29-2011, 09:00 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Prinsesse Nathalie sendte au pair hjem igen
Billed-Bladet - Prinsesse Nathalie sendte au pair hjem igen

Google Google Translate
Old 12-29-2011, 11:15 AM
Aristocracy

Is one of the palace official's wife eighteen years old only?

Tags
princess nathalie zu sayn-wittgenstein-berleburg