Princess Benedikte's Charities and Patronages

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks, Iceflower. :flowers:

Benedikte lives up to what she preach. She's very active herself.

The Danish Rowing Federation was the host of the 2016 World Rowing Masters Regatta taking place at Lake Bagsvaerd (September 8-11).
Princess Benedikte as Patron of the Danish Rowing Federation and Chairman of the Presidium visited the regatta on September 10:

** Pic ** roinfo.dk gallery **

As Patron of the Danish Alzheimer Association Princess Benedikte opened the 26th Alzheimer Europe Conference "Excellence in Dementia Research and Care" in Copenhagen yesterday, October 31:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

As every year Princess Benedikte as Patron attended the Guilds' Annual Show in Copenhagen on November 8. Various artisans of the fashion industry have the opportunity to showcase their works at a fashion show and exhibition at Moltke's Palace each year:

** kongehuset.dk: Laugenes Årlige Opvisning **

The ever busy Benedikte went to a Christmas concert yesterday: Prinsesse Benedikte til korkoncert i Helligåndskirken | BILLED-BLADET

After a reception she went to the Church of the Holy Spirit and listened to Sankt Annæ Girls Choir. And judging from the repertoire, which included Bach and Carl Nielsen, this was not a family-concert, but definitely for adults.
There was also a Lucia procession.

- I'm sure FasterB can enlighten us both in regards to the church and the choir. :)

I sure can, Muhler :)

The choir consist of app. 140 girls. They all attend Sankt Annæ School aka "The Singing School" in Copenhagen. You can read more about the school here: Sankt Annæ Gymnasium | Endnu en WordPress-blog
It is not an option to partcipate in the choir. When you are attending primary school (age 10 - app. 15/16) then you are a born member of either the girls choir or the boys choir.

Now about the program: I wouldn´t say it´s for adults. Among other things the choir sang Benjamin Britten´s "A ceremony of Carols" with harp and all.
There was also a string quartet.
But the audience at these concerts are used to go to classical concerts - also the children attending. But still - the concerts are for the family :)

It was beyond beautiful to listen to the Copenhagen girls' choir. I had tears in my eyes a lot!

Especially the Lucia procession was amazing!

HRH really looks to be enjoying herself & that colour of outfit!! I hope she has more clothing in that colour, as it is gorgeous on her. :)

Now, where can I hear the choir singing? There is nothing like Choral Singing at Christmastime. :) :) :)

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

HRH really looks to be enjoying herself & that colour of outfit!! I hope she has more clothing in that colour, as it is gorgeous on her. :)

Now, where can I hear the choir singing? There is nothing like Choral Singing at Christmastime. :) :) :)

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Here they are from the Christmas Concert in 2013: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfwDuZN0Z6s

Princess Benedikte as Patron of the Danish Warmblood Society attended the Danish Warmblood Stallion Licensing in Herning from March 10 - 12:

** kongehuset.dk gallery **

On June 8 Princess Benedikte as Patron of the Danish Scouts visited the Youth Island (Ungdomsøen/Middelgrundsfortetet) with the Scouts Corps. Princess Alexandra accompanied her.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** fb gallery **

As Patron of the Danish Rowing Federation Princess Benedikte today, June 17, attended the Danish Students' Rowing Club 150th anniversary celebration in Copenhagen:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** fb gallery **

Princess Benedikte as Patron of the symposium opened the "World Equine Airway Symposium" in Copenhagen today, July 13. World Equine Airway Symposium is devoted to the equine respiratory disease.

** rex gallery **

Thanks, Iceflower :flowers:

She's quietly busy as always.

The scouts are having a merry time in the rainy weather. In between the torrential rain there have been mild summer showers. But sometimes the sun has appeared as a background to the rain-clouds. (We need a wet smiley).

Back
Top Bottom