Princess Benedikte's 70th Birthday: April 29, 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dazzling

Former Moderator
City
-
Country
France
HER ROYAL HIGHNESS PRINCESS BENEDIKTE'S 70TH BIRTHDAY​

HRH Princess Benedikte fills Tuesday, April 29, 70 years. The anniversary will be marked at the castle in Berleburg, where His Highness Prince Richard is hosting a dinner party for family and friends from Denmark and Germany. Among the guests will be royal couple and Queen Anne-Marie.

May 2 holds Princess Benedikte following events in Christian VIII's Palace , Amalienborg:

Kl. 11:00
Reception of representatives of Queen Isabella Foundation, will present a portrait of Princess Benedikte, painted by Lars Physant.

Kl. 13:30
Reception for family and friends as well as representatives of the court.

Kl. 16:30
Reception for representatives of the official Denmark and the Princess's patronage. The royal couple take part.​

Source: kongehuset.dk

In connection with her upcoming 70th birthday Princess Benedikte has given an interview at Berleburg today, April 24. Here are some lovely pics of it:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **

What a beautiful picture of Benedikte, her husband, children and sisters (and Henrik). I love how Henrik is holding his hands on QMII's shoulders. I don't know if it's just the angle of the picture, but I've never noticed that Princess Alexandra looks quite so much like her aunt Queen Anne-Marie.

The new photos are great! I love the family atmosphere in the first one, and Benedikte looks quite elegant in the second one. I agree on Richard's suit - it certainly is interesting! ;)

I love the relaxed group picture and I really like the pictures that have been released in the gallery, so informal.

May 2 holds Princess Benedikte following events in Christian VIII's Palace , Amalienborg:

Kl. 13:30
Reception for family and friends as well as representatives of the court.

Will this reception be a gala event?

Lovely photos and she looks very nice at the interview at her home very relaxed.

At least on this occasion they could have released a photo of her with her grandchildren and in-laws. But it could remind the people of the "Carina-problem" so maybe they decided no grandchildren no in-laws. Nathalie and Johannsmann seem to have disappeared totally.

The new photos are great! I love the family atmosphere in the first one, and Benedikte looks quite elegant in the second one. I agree on Richard's suit - it certainly is interesting! ;)

Yes I agree HP,the family looked relaxed and at ease,Prince Richards suit reminds me of Rupert the Bear!!

On the occasion of Benedikte turning 70, BB's Annelise Weimann went to Berleburg and that resulted in a long a pretty open interview, which was brought last week.

I haven't had time to deal with that interesting interview and it doesn't run anywhere anyway, so...
But if another Danish member would like to write about it, please do.

However, while in Berleburg Annelise Weimann also spoke with Princess Nathalie and they had a chat about her relationship with her mother.

She says her mother is extremely disciplined and that she commits herself 100 % in regards to her duties to the DRF. There is no such thing as feeling a little unwell.

The only weak point she may see in her mother is that Benedikte may shy a little away from conflicts, just like Queen Ingrid, Nathalie says.

In regards to her childhood, she and her siblings had nannies and they were predominantly the ones they turned to when it was time to cry. That has changed now, Nathalie looks after her son herself.

Benedikte is described by her daughter to have a very dry sense of humour.

-----

- If I were to describe the three sisters in the most simple manner I can, it would be like this:
QMII got the brains.
Queen Anne-Marie got the looks.
And Princess Benedikte got the luck and good health.

Princess Benedikte (70 ) has luck, good health, relaxed pictures , Medal in recognition of her efforts , lovely and great pictures etc...

I will be 70 also this year !
I am lucky too, medium health because of my age, not that relaxed because I have no servants, secretaries , drivers etc.. I have no Medal for recognition.
But on my picture I will have my whole family, Children , in-laws and grandchildren all to-gether with affectionate smiles !

Should I be surprised that Benedikte is just receiving the Order of Dannebrog medal? I thought that she would have this automatically like the Order of the Elephant (the highest honor) as the daughter of a King????

Quite liked the pictures of the three sisters

I hope we get a few pictures of Joachim and Marie as well.

lovely photos of frederik&mary :heart:

benedikte looks happy..hope she had a very good day :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Quite liked the pictures of the three sisters

I hope we get a few pictures of Joachim and Marie as well.

Its a lovely photo & I noticed Princess Benedikte is wearing her Order of the Dannebrognin pride of place!

I wonder why only Benedikte is wearing the order and not her sisters? to me it looks a little odd for only one to be wearing an order but it must have been intentional otherwise i'm sure she could have taken it off.

Congratulations to Princess Benedikte on turning 70. She looks young and fresh and should enjoy many more years in her role as Princess. I would imagine she might use the internet especially emails to keep in touch with her Charities and patronages.

Back
Top Bottom