The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-25-2004, 04:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Princess Benedikte's 60th Birthday Celebrations; May 2004

Source: Berlingske Tidende

This Thursday, 29 April, Princess Benedikte celebrates her 60th birthday. The following is an interview she has given to mark this milestone.

My understanding is that Benedikte will celebrate her birthday in Paris, where her eldest daughter Alexandra lives and works (for UNESCO, I believe). And there will be more festivities on May 2 in Denmark, with younger sister Anne Marie and her husband in attendance, a horse show given as a gift to Benedikte by her elder sister Margrethe. Benedikte's youngest daughter, Nathalie, will be taking part in the show.

If you can read Danish, try the following: Mor inspirerer mig

Birthday girl Benedikte

Old 04-29-2004, 08:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Happy 60th Birthday to Princess Beneditke!

Courtesy of Brigitte's Worldroots page and the Glittering Royals MB, a picture from Benedikte and Richard's wedding on 3 February 1968. See how many of the royal guests you can recognize! (I would say that Sweden's Carl Phillip bears a very striking resemblance to his father in this picture. The apple does not fall far from the tree&#33

Benedikte and Richard's official wedding picture

Old 04-30-2004, 12:48 AM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Quote:
Originally posted by Alexandria@Apr 29th, 2004 - 8:03 pm
See how many of the royal guests you can recognize! (I would say that Sweden's Carl Phillip bears a very striking resemblance to his father in this picture. The apple does not fall far from the tree&#33

Benedikte and Richard's official wedding picture
Yes, see how many indeed! I would have to most agree with this as well. Carl Gustaf does look like his son here a lot. He also reminds me of one my cousins. Very similar look. My two cousins. They are twins.
Old 04-30-2004, 09:49 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally posted by Dennism@Apr 30th, 2004 - 12:48 am
Yes, see how many indeed! I would have to most agree with this as well. Carl Gustaf does look like his son here a lot.
I don't think it's a case of the King looking like his son, but a case of his son looking like his father, the King. Unless there is some reverse cloning process I don't know about?
Old 04-30-2004, 09:54 AM
Majesty

Yes, true. I knew I messed up on that one when I wrote it. It´s just that you mentioned Carl Philip in the post and so I went along with it from that angle. But yeah. Must be some "experiments" going on then!. :P
Old 05-02-2004, 01:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Princess Benedikte's 60th Birthday Celebrations; May 2004

Princess Benedikte´s 60th Birthday 2004
Old 05-02-2004, 01:10 PM
Heir Apparent

I wonder, where the others (Alexandra+Joachim, Henrik...) are?!
Old 05-02-2004, 02:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks for the pictures, Lena. :flower:

Little Richard von Pfeil lookd adorable in his mini suit! As his rosy-cheecked little sister Ingrid!

I am looking forward to more pictures of Nathalie (who participated in this equestrian event), and of the birthday girl's other sister, Anne-Marie and her husband who were also in attendance.

So far I have only seen a picture of Mary shaking Constantine's hand, but it was only the back of his head ...

I think Mary looked really good at this event, paleness and all. Very simple, stream-lined look for her, especially in this picture: Source: Klaus Moller: Mary
Old 05-02-2004, 08:09 PM
Nobility

http://www.jp.dk/indland/tema:fid=9004/ the royal family in Tivoli . Go to video, on the left and click on Kongefamilien i Tivoli (maj. 2004): May's look is ver different. :o I think this is part of Benedikte's birthday.
Old 05-02-2004, 08:11 PM
Nobility

Sorry, video would be on our right. Mary reminded me of a pop star, not a princess( to be).
Old 05-02-2004, 08:48 PM
Heir Apparent

I saw a picture of Henrik there, wearing a burnt red/orange jacket talking to Constantine, so he wasn't MIA.

But still Alexandra and Joachim were ...
Old 05-02-2004, 08:53 PM
Courtier

maybe they're hiding? I read that Nikolaos of Greece was there, and I didn't see him in any pictures.
Old 05-03-2004, 11:29 AM
Aristocracy

I did not like Mary's black outfit. Horrible!
Old 05-03-2004, 11:46 AM
Heir Apparent

Strangely...no one seems to like it-except me
But maybe black isn´t the right colour for a person, who is rumoured to be too skinny.
Old 05-03-2004, 12:38 PM
Royal Highness

I have to confess that i don't understend the outfit.
That is trousers, scort or the 2 toguether?
Old 05-03-2004, 02:19 PM
Heir Apparent

I have to say I am not a fan of this black outfit at the Tivoli, either. She looks like she's ready for a rock or even heavy metal concert, but a night at the Tivoli? (A bit gothic even?) It seems much too casual when you see what Benedikte's daughters are wearing, and what the Queen and her sisters are wearing, too. Such a letdown, too, since Mary had a very nice outfit at the equestrian event earlier that day.
Old 05-03-2004, 03:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally posted by Alexandria@May 3rd, 2004 - 1:19 pm
I have to say I am not a fan of this black outfit at the Tivoli, either. She looks like she's ready for a rock or even heavy metal concert, but a night at the Tivoli?
i also agree... that outfit wasn't really nice...

by the way... that page has really interesting videos! i was seeing the one of the engagement... i din't know mary did it in two languages! does she talk danish correctly?
for what i've seen frederik's english is not as his mother's....
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 05-03-2004, 05:57 PM
Royal Highness

I am sorry but i like her autfit.
At list he is diferente and is a completly new thing.
But i admite that is a litle innaproprieite for the time
Old 05-03-2004, 09:37 PM
Nobility

May 3, 2004 - TV 2

Mary Warmly Greeted by Queen Margrethe

Denmark's future Crown Princess Mary Donaldson was warmly hugged by her future mother-in-law HRH Queen Margrethe II when they met yesterday at Princess Benedikte's 60th birthday party. The royal family was first gathered at a horse show at Christiansborg riding ground to celebrate the Princess, and afterwards Princess Benedikte's two sisters, Queen Margrethe and Princess Anne Marie, had arranged a surprise party to celebrate their sister in Tivoli. But, the birthday girl did not get all the attention. As Mary and Crown Prince Frederik arrived, guests visiting Tivoli made a riot to get a glimpse of the couple who were applauded as movie stars.

Denmark on May 14

Several museums in Denmark have cooperated to conduct an investigation concerning the whereabouts of Danes on May 14th, the day of the royal wedding. Will you be watching television, and will that take place on the job? Or are you going to Copenhagen to wave? Or perhaps the day will not be celebrated? These are some of the questions which will be asked in order to document how the Danes experience May 14th.
Old 05-04-2004, 11:08 PM
Majesty

Here are some more photos from Polfoto:

The Queen, the Crown Prince and the future Crown Princess

The Crown Prince and the future Crown Princess

Mary Donaldson

Queen Margrethe and Princess Benedikte

Prince Gustav, Princess Alexandra, Princess Nathalie and Jefferson.

Queens Margrethe and Anne-Marie

Queens Margrethe and Anne-Marie2

Mary Donaldson

Mary Donaldson2

Crown Prince Frederik and Mary Donaldson

Princess Benedikte and Prince Richard

Princess Benedikte and Prince Richard

Tags
benedikte, birthday celebration, princess benedikte