Princess Benedikte and Prince Richard, Current Events 2: September 2005 - March 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the best translation of Lækkersulten might be either craving, a sweet tooth or perhaps what we Americans call 'junk food' which is usually sweet or salty and typically bad for you but something that you crave. I would classify junk food as either potato chips, a soda, or perhaps a small chocolate/candy bar.

I am very jealous of the Christmas bazaars they have throughout Europe. We do not have anything like that in my part of the U.S. In fact, where I am located, we are lucky if we even have cold or chilly weather during the holidays. I've only experienced a 'white Christmas' three times in my life and I'm in my 40's. If we could only have holiday bazaars with royalty and holiday snow, I would be happy! :)

All this being said, I want to say thank you to you Muhler for all the wonderful translations you do! I appreciate them so much and always look forward to them. Hopefully Mrs. Muhler is transforming your house into a royal palace for the season!

I think the best translation of Lækkersulten might be either craving, a sweet tooth or perhaps what we Americans call 'junk food' which is usually sweet or salty and typically bad for you but something that you crave. I would classify junk food as either potato chips, a soda, or perhaps a small chocolate/candy bar.
Thanks for the suggestions, Parrothead :)
So lækkersulten = a craving for candy/pastries/junk food/leftovers/sweets and so on.

I am very jealous of the Christmas bazaars they have throughout Europe. We do not have anything like that in my part of the U.S. In fact, where I am located, we are lucky if we even have cold or chilly weather during the holidays. I've only experienced a 'white Christmas' three times in my life and I'm in my 40's. If we could only have holiday bazaars with royalty and holiday snow, I would be happy! :)
Well, the snow part tends to wear out when you have to dig a path for your car or your have to wade through snowdrifts to get anywhere.
The weather gods really need to improve snow. Snow should not fall on sidewalks and roads.

All this being said, I want to say thank you to you Muhler for all the wonderful translations you do! I appreciate them so much and always look forward to them. Hopefully Mrs. Muhler is transforming your house into a royal palace for the season!
You are welcome. :)
She is!
Should I suddenly stop posting, it's probably because I've been hopelessly entangled in the Christmas decorations. :p
Okay, it is cosy and the candles are burning at full power here at home. - In fact we've just recieved yet another thank you note from the candle factory....

Last edited:

Please remember that this is a current events thread for Princess Benedikte and her family,
as the discussion has turned off topic, a couple of posts have been deleted.

Summary of note in Billed Bladet #17, 2012.

Benedikte is the quiet workhorse of the DRF and in that capacity she attended a meeting at the retirement home Peder Lykke Centret in Copenhagen. Here she met a number of the residents.

But the real purpose wat to attend a meeting in a project called Employer Branding and evaluate that project that has been going on for three years now.
It is aimed it raising the esteem for the lesser skilled nursing staff. There has in recent years been a negative focus on cheating, a high sick statistic and even theft in a line of work that has a very low status as it is. - In my opinion you get what you pay for. Considering how low the pay is and the low status the job has, it is remarkable that most have so high a moral as they have.

:previous:

Here are some pics of Princess Benedikte arriving for the evaluation of the project "Employer Branding"
at the Peder Lykke Centre on Monday 23th April 2012. Unfortunately with huge watermarks:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

Princess Benedikte has been in Munich, Germany for two days and attended several events. Among these has been a
meeting with the wife of Horst Seehofer, President of the Federal Council of Germany and Prime Minister of Bavaria and
the opening of the exhibition "Hammershoi and Europe – a Danish artist around 1900" yesterday, June 14.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

As every year Princess Benedikte has received Greenlandic and Danish children, that take part in a school exchange, at Christian VIII's Palace, Amalienborg, today, September 28, 2012.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

** sermitsiaq.ag: Børn fik sodavand på Amalienborg ** translation **

** kongehuset.dk: H.K.H. Prinsesse Benedikte modtager grønlandske og danske børn **

The following gallery also contains some pics (25-35) - click on the pics to enlarge!

** Princesse Mary à New York : Un magnifique sourire contre la pauvreté **

Last edited:
Princess Benedikte attended the Laugenes Fashion show 2012 in Moltkes Palace yesterday, November 6, 2012.
Picture gallery PPE Agency

Thanks fairy tale.

I like the Princess, I think she is a very classy lady.

On November 14 Princess Benedikte has opened the Espergærde Gymnasium's international seminar "The United Nations" at the Glyptoteket in Copenhagen.

** egmun.org gallery **

Yesterday, November 21, Princess Benedikte has handed out the Gudmund Schack Memorial Prize 2012 at the Svanemollen Sejlklub in Copenhagen.

** ppe gallery **

:previous:

Yes, I think it is! When you click on the pic, you'll get to her personal page and when you'll mouse over the pic again, you'll get the information "H.K.H. Prinsesse Benedikte, 2013 Fotograf Christina Hauschildt".

Are you interested in bisons? Would you like to see some in the wild?

Billed Bladet informs us that Prince Richard is pretty delighted these days. He has for ten years been busy breeding (American) bisons at Berleburg and now, finally, seven of them will be released in the vast forests around Berleburg. - Not entirely to the delight of the locals, because they are pretty big animals and who is going to pay for any damages? But that has now been resolved.
The dispute may have something to do with a long strife between the Protestant Berleburgs and some Catolic neighbors, suggests Prince Richard!

There has just been a very interesting documentary on German TV about the House Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg. Princess Benedikte and her whole family have participated. I can later post a link if anybody is interested in it? I was quite impressed with Pr. Benedikte's German - excellent IMO and Prince Richard's sense of humour. He told the reporter that once he was so drunk that he fell from his chair and that right in front of his sister-in-law the then Queen of Greece lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom