Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 12:48 AM
Aristocracy

Congratulations to the happy couple!! As long as they're happy and in love! ^_^

Old 02-08-2007, 01:01 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by politikgirl
Wow! I didn't expect this. However, congrats to Alexandra and Martin! I'm very happy for her. But I was surprised, given the trend of divorced princesses (Diana, Sarah Ferguson). Of course, she will be sorely missed as a member of the Danish royal family, but this is the best thing for her to do right now. She deserves to re-marry and be happy with the man she loves. Besides, this is probably "appropriate" given how close Joachim and Marie are getting and what some argue seems to be inevitable - a remarriage for the prince. It would be awkward to have both the ex-wife and the current wife as members of the royal family, and I think Alexandra re-marrying is not only "practical" but extremely considerate.
I agree- she definitely doesn't hold a grudge against him or the DRF. In fact, she was quite smart if she did plan her exit from the public eye, if only because she was able to save whatever funds she received, VAT and otherwise, tax-free. If she was frugal, that's a nice little nest egg that has been built up. I do agree that the DRF will probably subsidize her lifestyle in private, though.

Old 02-08-2007, 01:18 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by janos614
I agree- she definitely doesn't hold a grudge against him or the DRF. In fact, she was quite smart if she did plan her exit from the public eye, if only because she was able to save whatever funds she received, VAT and otherwise, tax-free. If she was frugal, that's a nice little nest egg that has been built up. I do agree that the DRF will probably subsidize her lifestyle in private, though.
martin is a succesful photographer. she gets an annuity from the government.I doubt she'll need extra money from the DRF.
Old 02-08-2007, 03:11 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzu An
From what I have read (however limited) I don't think that Alexandra was the perfect princess either. She was married to a royal prince, knew the world and had to have known what she was getting into. She did it for the wrong reasons and does have her fair share in the divorce. If she was seeing Martin secretly while married, that confirms that she didn't deserve to come out smelling like roses. As for losing her title, well, it was what was agreed upon at the time of the divorce.
The most unfounded, biased post EVER!
Old 02-08-2007, 03:55 AM
Nobility

I cannot congratulate the Princess on her choice, because I read that Martin treated his own child very badly.

That makes him a wrong 'un, other factors aside. I am sure Her Excellency the Countess of Frederiksborg could do a lot better.
Old 02-08-2007, 04:22 AM
Heir Apparent

Prince Joachim among the guests at Martin's bachelor party. (article in Danish). The article also speculates in him being invited to the wedding. No invitations have been sent, as they want to keep the details a secret for as long as possible, but friends have been told to keep the date clear.
Old 02-08-2007, 04:53 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Luxembourg
Royal Blogger

Congratulations to Alexandra & Martin!! May they be very happy together
Old 02-08-2007, 05:54 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine
Congrats to Alex and Martin! I believe I read someone say that she'll keep the Order of the Elephant, so we'll see her at the New Year's Court and some other events....it's not like she'll disappear. :)

I dont actually think that that is something you can loose. I'm pretty sure it is given for life...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hofburg
I'm rather certain, she'll be compensated accordingly, in private by the Queen.
I would doubt that. Its not a very rich family and the Queen already pays to other members of the family. To now also pay for her sons former wife, who is remarried? That may be a stretch....But anything is possible I guess. And if the RF doesnt want her to get a "normal" job, that is going to cost....
Old 02-08-2007, 05:56 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frothy
I cannot congratulate the Princess on her choice, because I read that Martin treated his own child very badly.

That makes him a wrong 'un, other factors aside. I am sure Her Excellency the Countess of Frederiksborg could do a lot better.

I haven't read that bit of information, but I think Alexandra is smart enough not to marry a man who might mistreat her children. If she's marrying him, she must feel him a suitable male figure in the lives of her two sons. She doesn't strike me as someone who would allow her children to be abused.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 02-08-2007, 06:16 AM
Nobility

Wow congratulations to Alexandra and Martin I wish them a long and happy marriage.
Old 02-08-2007, 06:26 AM
Aristocracy

Congratulations to Alex and Martin!
Old 02-08-2007, 06:58 AM
Courtier

It's nice that Alexandra has found love again, I wish them both luck and happiness.
Old 02-08-2007, 07:16 AM
Aristocracy

Congratulations to Alexandra and Martin.
Old 02-08-2007, 07:41 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessDianafan
Ricarda,
you do not know what happened so I don't think you should jump to conclusions that she had an affair and that's what led to the break up.
When did I ever say that?
Could you read my posts more carefully?
Or has your criticless admiration for Alexandra inflicted your eyesight?

Quote:
Every time you posted on the website it was a criticism of the princess for one thing or another.
Oh, I criticised "perfect Alexandra", I questioned her public image and her motives.
This is really unforgiveable.

Quote:
Stop making assumptions and that is what you have been doing all along from her clothing to the reasons for marriage. The fact that you have complained about her so much from the very could be grating to others yet you and now that she is disappearing from the public stage you think better of her.
Who says she is disappearing from the public stage?
I do not believe she will and that's not the reason why I think better of her.
Stop making assumptions, please, especially if you do not like others to make assumptions.
Old 02-08-2007, 07:48 AM
Nobility

Sister M, I think he denied his child's paternity and then there was some doubt over payments even after a DNA test proved him to be the father; neglect rather than abuse.

If anybody has details of this please post it. It was linked to in one of the Princess A current event threads a while back but I wouldn't know how to search for it.

Any man who denies his own flesh and blood is worthless IMO.
Old 02-08-2007, 07:52 AM
Nobility

I never said she was perfect. As I mentioned You have been critical of her in almost all your posts. I never said she was perfect! But you have been overly negative.
Old 02-08-2007, 08:04 AM
Courtier

Perhaps I was sometimes.
But then others have been overly positive and praised her to the skies as the perfection of perfection.
Perhaps I just felt the need of adding a little salt to all that sugar.

And I never have seen you complaining when others are critical towards Joachim (of course it was all his fault)
or towards Marie (of course she will never be as perfect as Alexandra).
Old 02-08-2007, 08:08 AM
Heir Apparent

People, please!

No personal attacks! This thread is about Princess Alexandra's engagement, and that's what we're supposed to be talking about.

Thank you,
Anna_R
Royal Forums Moderator
Old 02-08-2007, 08:14 AM
Nobility

Yes of course, You are right Ricarda, I am absolutely wrong. But please forgive me for misinterpreting your statements. And I am very sorry if I have offended you.
Old 02-08-2007, 08:20 AM
Courtier

Sorry, if I offended you. And you may be right that I am sometimes too sceptical and critical.
A lot of people tell me that.
But I did start positive this time, see post 16.

Tags
alexandra, alexandra manley, countess alexandra, countess of frederiksborg, martin jørgensen, princess alexandra