The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2007, 06:54 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by norwegianne
As for the age difference. If they're happy, who am I to judge? Regarding possible children - Alexandra has her two sons, and Martin has a child from a previous relationship that he, according to the newspaper around the time their relationship went public, has little contact with. So they would be fairly covered in the child department already. Whatever comes comes. ;
This is news did not realize Martin had a child already. In that case, I agree that they either want to have children together or she wants to resume her private life and work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heike
It doesn´t disturb me at all if Alex still receives some money after remarrying to Martin. We already know that she will retain her petronage. Besides, many divorced women receive money from their ex-husbands, for doing nothing. They don´t have to work for their ex-husbands in order to receive the money. After all, don´t forget that Alex is the mother of Nikolai and Felix.

Yes. The stipend also allows her to take care of the two royal princes. Certainly she should not be expected to shoulder the cost of their care on her own.

Old 02-07-2007, 06:59 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by aryo
if joachim married again,what would happen to boys?will they stay with mom or dad?
aryo,

They will continue to live with their mother, although the parents have joint custody, and Prince Joachim sees them a lot, and regularly.

Old 02-07-2007, 07:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

great news! i hope this time she can be happy, but it's sad that she lost her title of princess.
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 02-07-2007, 07:03 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heike
Well, princes are not stupid. They must have encountered all kinds of girls who are only sharp on their royal titles and fortunes.
I don´t think Joachim was so stupid that he couldn´t tell if his bride really loved him or not.

If Alex was so sharp on being a princess, if the desire to become a princess was so strong that made her give up her job and friends and family to settle in a country where the climate and language are totally different and she knew nobody except Joachim, I don´t think she would decide to remarry. (I believe that she did all this because she was so much in love with Joachim.)
I lived in Hong Kong and shared a similar career and lifestyle as Alexandra. It was a glamorous life. She needn't become a princess to have an adventurous and luxurious life. She could have easily married well in Hong Kong. Having said that the lure of being a Princess is substantial. So who knows why...probably love AND lure of royal family
Old 02-07-2007, 07:08 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Times2222
No not EUros. Her total stipend is only approx 250k euros a year. Now she has to return the majority of it as tax. Above $1.9 million is Danish Crown.
I'm rather certain, she'll be compensated accordingly, in private by the Queen.
Old 02-07-2007, 07:09 PM
Commoner

congratulation to princess alexandra. . .

its a mixed feeling of both happy and sad at this moment. .. happy for her to find someone again yet sad that we will see less of her. but as long as she's happy. .. then it will be worth while.

after she lose her princess title, does that means we will be seeing her less and less in the future? definitely i will be missing her alot as she has been my favourite princess ever since she married prince joachim almost 12 yrs ago. will she be still invited to special events like the new year gala or state visits?? will we be able to see her wearing tiara again? i love seeing her with tiara. .
Old 02-07-2007, 08:04 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akilah
I know that many think it sad that Alexandera is no longer an official member of the royal family, but I don't. My reason is because she is happy. She is marrying a man she "loves", and she has the courage unlike other former wives of princes to move on (i.e Fergie and Diana). Unlike her predecesors, she slowly cut back on her charity life and is regaining her private citizenry again. I feel many royal women (i.e those who married into RF) would not show the "brass" Alexandera is showing and moving on with life. It seems many get caught up in the trappings and trying maintain that life style and limelight, once they are divorced.

But I think Alexander is a fine model for the future royal brides and bride-grooms to follow--when it is over its over, so move along, title or no title.
I totally agree with you. Alexandra has been beautiful, classy, and very focused on doing a good job whatever that job is. With her high education level and impressive resume, I find it entirely possible that a life as royal princess of a figurehead monarchy was not enough of a challenge for this very capable woman.

I wouldn't be surprised if she laid low for awhile and took a very important and powerful corporate position.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 02-07-2007, 08:10 PM
Serene Highness

It will be interesting to see what happens next -- will she have a child, is that why she is marrying now? her boys are growing older and more aware that she has been living with Martin and maybe she wants to legitimize that relationship? perhaps she is ready to leave the royal family, either as her own decision to move on, or because she knows Marie is coming on the scene and she doesn't want to be redundant? I'll stay tuned with interest....
Old 02-07-2007, 08:17 PM
Aristocracy

From what I have read (however limited) I don't think that Alexandra was the perfect princess either. She was married to a royal prince, knew the world and had to have known what she was getting into. She did it for the wrong reasons and does have her fair share in the divorce. If she was seeing Martin secretly while married, that confirms that she didn't deserve to come out smelling like roses. As for losing her title, well, it was what was agreed upon at the time of the divorce.
Old 02-07-2007, 08:23 PM
Gentry

Congrats to Princess Alexandra and Martin! I wish them many years of happiness.
Old 02-07-2007, 08:27 PM
Aristocracy

I don't think Alexandra could possibly have known the world of royalty or what she was getting into when she married Joachim. They had a very short courship and engagement and she is not from a prominent or distinguished family that mixed with royals prior to their wedding.

She is not my favorite princess - never was - but she's not my least favorite either. I wish her and Martin good luck but I don't think this marriage is going to last any longer than her first. I think she and Martin are in two very different places in their lives.

Alexandra still has the Order of the Elephant and that will ensure that she is invited to many galas and events for dignitaries.
Old 02-07-2007, 08:32 PM
Administrator

Its find it interesting how some people speculate that Alex and Joachim and now Alex and Martin have nothing in common. And how Alex and Joachim were not in love. You only have to look at the pictures of those two when they got married to see at one time there was love. Was it an everlasting love....no it wasn't. Did they both change as time went on....well that appears to be the case.

How does anyone know that Alex and Martin won't last. Do we really know anything at all about Martin or Alex for that matter?

I have always liked Alex the princess persona as I don't know much about her personally. If she thought Joachim was the love of her life that was good enough for me. Likewise if she thinks Martin is the person for her now. I wish her nothing but happiness.
Old 02-07-2007, 08:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Alright, let's get one thing straight here:

1.) There is no concrete evidence that Princess Alexandra was seeing Martin while she was still married to Prince Joachim.

2.) No one knows the reason why Prince Joachim and Princess Alexandra divorced, and it will remain that way until either party states publicaly their reasons for doing so.

3.) The young Princes are aware, and have been, of Princess Alexandra's relationship with Martin. This is obvious because the children live with her. Martin has been living with Princess Alexandra for sometime now, so obviously the children know the extent of their relationship.

Let's us all act like mature adults and stop the silly gossip. It is one thing to wonder, but to spread false rumors is another. Furthermore, please refrain from bashing Prince Joachim's current girlfriend, Marie Cavallier.

Thank you.

GT
Royal House of Denmark Moderator
Old 02-07-2007, 08:45 PM
Heir Apparent

A quick question. Since Alexandra has a title in her own right, would any future children of hers be entitled to inherit that title, ot derivitives of that title? I know that most of the time titles are inherited through the male line, but there are supporting cases of titles being inherited through the female line.
Old 02-07-2007, 08:50 PM
Imperial Majesty

According to post 81, it's a title given to her personally and not inheritable.
Old 02-07-2007, 09:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Oh, I thought that said that Martin could not make use of the title. I will go back and re read. Thanks
Old 02-07-2007, 09:49 PM
Aristocracy

Wow! I didn't expect this. However, congrats to Alexandra and Martin! I'm very happy for her. But I was surprised, given the trend of divorced princesses (Diana, Sarah Ferguson). Of course, she will be sorely missed as a member of the Danish royal family, but this is the best thing for her to do right now. She deserves to re-marry and be happy with the man she loves. Besides, this is probably "appropriate" given how close Joachim and Marie are getting and what some argue seems to be inevitable - a remarriage for the prince. It would be awkward to have both the ex-wife and the current wife as members of the royal family, and I think Alexandra re-marrying is not only "practical" but extremely considerate.
Old 02-07-2007, 09:56 PM
Heir Apparent

I think that we are all forgetting that no matter what happens now or in the future, that she is still and always will be the mother of two beautiful little boys, who are part of the royal family. So officially or not, she will also always be a part of that family.

One can only hope that this goes the way of the royal family in Norway, who have accepted the father of Marius, and have by all accounts a good relationship with him. So perhaps the Danish royal family will accept Martin.
Old 02-07-2007, 11:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

Congrats to Alex and Martin! I believe I read someone say that she'll keep the Order of the Elephant, so we'll see her at the New Year's Court and some other events....it's not like she'll disappear. :)

I wish them both much happiness.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 02-08-2007, 12:39 AM
Courtier

It will be interesting to see if any members of the Royal Family will be invited to the wedding.

stellad

Tags
alexandra, alexandra manley, countess alexandra, countess of frederiksborg, martin jørgensen, princess alexandra