Princess Alexandra to Marry Martin Jørgensen: February 7, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think Alexandra could possibly have known the world of royalty or what she was getting into when she married Joachim. They had a very short courship and engagement and she is not from a prominent or distinguished family that mixed with royals prior to their wedding.

She is not my favorite princess - never was - but she's not my least favorite either. I wish her and Martin good luck but I don't think this marriage is going to last any longer than her first. I think she and Martin are in two very different places in their lives.

Alexandra still has the Order of the Elephant and that will ensure that she is invited to many galas and events for dignitaries.

Its find it interesting how some people speculate that Alex and Joachim and now Alex and Martin have nothing in common. And how Alex and Joachim were not in love. You only have to look at the pictures of those two when they got married to see at one time there was love. Was it an everlasting love....no it wasn't. Did they both change as time went on....well that appears to be the case.

How does anyone know that Alex and Martin won't last. Do we really know anything at all about Martin or Alex for that matter?

I have always liked Alex the princess persona as I don't know much about her personally. If she thought Joachim was the love of her life that was good enough for me. Likewise if she thinks Martin is the person for her now. I wish her nothing but happiness.

Alright, let's get one thing straight here:

1.) There is no concrete evidence that Princess Alexandra was seeing Martin while she was still married to Prince Joachim.

2.) No one knows the reason why Prince Joachim and Princess Alexandra divorced, and it will remain that way until either party states publicaly their reasons for doing so.

3.) The young Princes are aware, and have been, of Princess Alexandra's relationship with Martin. This is obvious because the children live with her. Martin has been living with Princess Alexandra for sometime now, so obviously the children know the extent of their relationship.

Let's us all act like mature adults and stop the silly gossip. It is one thing to wonder, but to spread false rumors is another. Furthermore, please refrain from bashing Prince Joachim's current girlfriend, Marie Cavallier.

Thank you.

GT
Royal House of Denmark Moderator

A quick question. Since Alexandra has a title in her own right, would any future children of hers be entitled to inherit that title, ot derivitives of that title? I know that most of the time titles are inherited through the male line, but there are supporting cases of titles being inherited through the female line.

According to post 81, it's a title given to her personally and not inheritable.

Oh, I thought that said that Martin could not make use of the title. I will go back and re read. Thanks

Wow! I didn't expect this. However, congrats to Alexandra and Martin! I'm very happy for her. But I was surprised, given the trend of divorced princesses (Diana, Sarah Ferguson). Of course, she will be sorely missed as a member of the Danish royal family, but this is the best thing for her to do right now. She deserves to re-marry and be happy with the man she loves. Besides, this is probably "appropriate" given how close Joachim and Marie are getting and what some argue seems to be inevitable - a remarriage for the prince. It would be awkward to have both the ex-wife and the current wife as members of the royal family, and I think Alexandra re-marrying is not only "practical" but extremely considerate.

I think that we are all forgetting that no matter what happens now or in the future, that she is still and always will be the mother of two beautiful little boys, who are part of the royal family. So officially or not, she will also always be a part of that family.

One can only hope that this goes the way of the royal family in Norway, who have accepted the father of Marius, and have by all accounts a good relationship with him. So perhaps the Danish royal family will accept Martin.

Congrats to Alex and Martin! I believe I read someone say that she'll keep the Order of the Elephant, so we'll see her at the New Year's Court and some other events....it's not like she'll disappear. :)

I wish them both much happiness.

It will be interesting to see if any members of the Royal Family will be invited to the wedding.

stellad

politikgirl said:
Wow! I didn't expect this. However, congrats to Alexandra and Martin! I'm very happy for her. But I was surprised, given the trend of divorced princesses (Diana, Sarah Ferguson). Of course, she will be sorely missed as a member of the Danish royal family, but this is the best thing for her to do right now. She deserves to re-marry and be happy with the man she loves. Besides, this is probably "appropriate" given how close Joachim and Marie are getting and what some argue seems to be inevitable - a remarriage for the prince. It would be awkward to have both the ex-wife and the current wife as members of the royal family, and I think Alexandra re-marrying is not only "practical" but extremely considerate.

I agree- she definitely doesn't hold a grudge against him or the DRF. In fact, she was quite smart if she did plan her exit from the public eye, if only because she was able to save whatever funds she received, VAT and otherwise, tax-free. If she was frugal, that's a nice little nest egg that has been built up. I do agree that the DRF will probably subsidize her lifestyle in private, though.

janos614 said:
I agree- she definitely doesn't hold a grudge against him or the DRF. In fact, she was quite smart if she did plan her exit from the public eye, if only because she was able to save whatever funds she received, VAT and otherwise, tax-free. If she was frugal, that's a nice little nest egg that has been built up. I do agree that the DRF will probably subsidize her lifestyle in private, though.

martin is a succesful photographer. she gets an annuity from the government.I doubt she'll need extra money from the DRF.

Tzu An said:
From what I have read (however limited) I don't think that Alexandra was the perfect princess either. She was married to a royal prince, knew the world and had to have known what she was getting into. She did it for the wrong reasons and does have her fair share in the divorce. If she was seeing Martin secretly while married, that confirms that she didn't deserve to come out smelling like roses. As for losing her title, well, it was what was agreed upon at the time of the divorce.
The most unfounded, biased post EVER!

I cannot congratulate the Princess on her choice, because I read that Martin treated his own child very badly.

That makes him a wrong 'un, other factors aside. I am sure Her Excellency the Countess of Frederiksborg could do a lot better.

Congratulations to Alexandra & Martin!! :flowers: May they be very happy together

Sister Morphine said:
Congrats to Alex and Martin! I believe I read someone say that she'll keep the Order of the Elephant, so we'll see her at the New Year's Court and some other events....it's not like she'll disappear. :)
I dont actually think that that is something you can loose. I'm pretty sure it is given for life...

hofburg said:
I'm rather certain, she'll be compensated accordingly, in private by the Queen.

I would doubt that. Its not a very rich family and the Queen already pays to other members of the family. To now also pay for her sons former wife, who is remarried? That may be a stretch....But anything is possible I guess. And if the RF doesnt want her to get a "normal" job, that is going to cost....

Last edited:
Frothy said:
I cannot congratulate the Princess on her choice, because I read that Martin treated his own child very badly.

That makes him a wrong 'un, other factors aside. I am sure Her Excellency the Countess of Frederiksborg could do a lot better.

I haven't read that bit of information, but I think Alexandra is smart enough not to marry a man who might mistreat her children. If she's marrying him, she must feel him a suitable male figure in the lives of her two sons. She doesn't strike me as someone who would allow her children to be abused.

Wow congratulations to Alexandra and Martin I wish them a long and happy marriage. :flowers:

It's nice that Alexandra has found love again, I wish them both luck and happiness.

PrincessDianafan said:
Ricarda,
you do not know what happened so I don't think you should jump to conclusions that she had an affair and that's what led to the break up.
When did I ever say that?
Could you read my posts more carefully?
Or has your criticless admiration for Alexandra inflicted your eyesight?

PrincessDianafan said:
Every time you posted on the website it was a criticism of the princess for one thing or another.

Oh, I criticised "perfect Alexandra", I questioned her public image and her motives.
This is really unforgiveable.

PrincessDianafan said:
Stop making assumptions and that is what you have been doing all along from her clothing to the reasons for marriage. The fact that you have complained about her so much from the very could be grating to others yet you and now that she is disappearing from the public stage you think better of her.
Who says she is disappearing from the public stage?
I do not believe she will and that's not the reason why I think better of her.
Stop making assumptions, please, especially if you do not like others to make assumptions.

Sister M, I think he denied his child's paternity and then there was some doubt over payments even after a DNA test proved him to be the father; neglect rather than abuse.

If anybody has details of this please post it. It was linked to in one of the Princess A current event threads a while back but I wouldn't know how to search for it.

Any man who denies his own flesh and blood is worthless IMO.

I never said she was perfect. As I mentioned You have been critical of her in almost all your posts. I never said she was perfect! But you have been overly negative.

Perhaps I was sometimes.
But then others have been overly positive and praised her to the skies as the perfection of perfection.
Perhaps I just felt the need of adding a little salt to all that sugar.

And I never have seen you complaining when others are critical towards Joachim (of course it was all his fault)
or towards Marie (of course she will never be as perfect as Alexandra).

People, please!

No personal attacks! This thread is about Princess Alexandra's engagement, and that's what we're supposed to be talking about.

Thank you,
Anna_R
Royal Forums Moderator

Yes of course, You are right Ricarda, I am absolutely wrong. But please forgive me for misinterpreting your statements. And I am very sorry if I have offended you.

Last edited:
Sorry, if I offended you. And you may be right that I am sometimes too sceptical and critical.
A lot of people tell me that.:lol:
But I did start positive this time, see post 16.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom