The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #41  
Old 02-07-2007, 11:59 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: syracuse, United States
Posts: 172
congrats to alex and martin. denmark will be sadened at the lost of their princess am sure. i wish her and martin peace and happiness.
__________________

__________________
  #42  
Old 02-07-2007, 12:10 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 1,083
Wow!
Good for them!
It seems to me that along with the princess title come many restrictions in her life. We may not see it as a disadvantage but to a woman just trying to get on with life after a divorce it must surley be difficult to have to check in with in laws over every move you make. It's definetaly not an advantage for her personal life. She wasn't born with the titles why would it be so bad or hard for her to give them up? More like a relief in my opinion. A way to freedom!
Jochaim must be devestated, this just confirms that his royal worth had nothing to do with her love for him. I don't think he'll ever find anyone quite like Alexandra again. It seems he really lost out here.

Also, I don't think that this is a rash decision. These are 2 grown adults. Alexandra handled her divorce with Jochaim beautifully and I'm almost positive that was not a rash decision. This woman is intellegant and thinks things through before acting.
__________________

__________________
  #43  
Old 02-07-2007, 12:14 PM
mathilde16's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: moerkapelle, Netherlands
Posts: 88
congratulations!
__________________
More info about princess mathilde and prince phillipe and their children? visit this website: www.prinsesmathilde.web-log.nl
  #44  
Old 02-07-2007, 12:24 PM
kwanfan's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: , United States
Posts: 1,135
Congrats to the couple! Hopefully we will still see Alexandra in some events.
__________________
  #45  
Old 02-07-2007, 12:36 PM
MissSaga's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Manhattan, United States
Posts: 944
Congratulations to her and Martin! I hope they wil be very happy ..

Kind of sad that she won't be member of the Royal family anymore though ..
__________________
Why do all good things come to an end ?
  #46  
Old 02-07-2007, 12:54 PM
Little_star's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
Posts: 5,622
Wow! Congratulations to Alex and Martin, I'm surprised at the news as I had thought they weren't the most stable couple in the world. I hope married life offers Alex the happiness she deserves.

On the other hand, I'm incredibly torn as Denmark's Royal Family is losing its greatest asset. It will be such a shame to see such a wonderful princess lose her position forever.
__________________
Please give whatever you can to the DEC's Pakistan Floods Appeal. Millions of lives are at risk
http://www.dec.org.uk/index.html
  #47  
Old 02-07-2007, 01:38 PM
crm2317's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Belfast, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,905
Congrats to the couple!! Sure there is quite an age gap but if they are happy then who am i to say anythin else!!! O im so excited thinking about Nikolai and Felix in their page boy outfits
__________________
  #48  
Old 02-07-2007, 01:38 PM
MoonlightRhapsody's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Garden Grove, United States
Posts: 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by norwegianne
Ekstrabladet take a look at the financial sum Alexandra is to lose - with an apanage of 1,9 milions, she will have to pay 1,3 milions back in taxes - and conclude it must be love...
My goodness, you mean she only takes home 600,000 euros a year from 1.9 million?! That's a very hefty chunk!

I was so shocked when I started my daily "royal rounds" to the royal websites and found this! This news was certainly unexpected! While I hope she finds happiness with him for the rest of their lives, I'm sad that she will lose the title of "Princess." Not for the sake of the title, but I thought of it connected to honor her many years of service for Denmark. I just wished she could have kept that one.
__________________
*~* In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock. *~*
*~* Judge not those who try and fail. Judge those who fail to try. *~*
Sweden's Picture of the Month Represenative
  #49  
Old 02-07-2007, 01:44 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Frankfurt, Germany
Posts: 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by lashinka2002
Jochaim must be devestated, this just confirms that his royal worth had nothing to do with her love for him. I don't think he'll ever find anyone quite like Alexandra again. It seems he really lost out here.

Also, I don't think that this is a rash decision. These are 2 grown adults. Alexandra handled her divorce with Jochaim beautifully and I'm almost positive that was not a rash decision. This woman is intellegant and thinks things through before acting.
Yes! This shows that Alexandra married Joachim not because she wanted to be a princess!
I don´t see any "material" advantages for Alex if she remarries. She will lose her allowance.

<Deleted comments/Mandy>
__________________
  #50  
Old 02-07-2007, 01:46 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts: 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonlightRhapsody
My goodness, you mean she only takes home 600,000 euros a year from 1.9 million?! That's a very hefty chunk!

It's not euros - it's danish crowns. One euro is about 8 times more worth than a danish crown. So - the 600.000 crowns she has left is like 60.000 british pounds whish is not much in her situation...

__________________
  #51  
Old 02-07-2007, 01:49 PM
MissSaga's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Manhattan, United States
Posts: 944
Now where she won't be a princess anymore, I could imagine her getting a job for UNICEF. That would be pretty great.
__________________
Why do all good things come to an end ?
  #52  
Old 02-07-2007, 02:03 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Frankfurt, Germany
Posts: 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricarda
No, she will keep the title "Countess of Frederiksberg".
About the duties we will see.
She still will receive a grant from the state. For what if she doesn't continue her duties?

And they did not start dating after her divorce.
I read that they celebrated their 3rd anniversary in December.
No confirmation of course, but I believe it's true.
Ah, Ricarda, everyone can smell that you really hate Princess Alexandra.
I thought the reason is that you believe she married Joachim because she wanted to become a princess.
Now it´s proved that she doesn´t hesitate to remarry, even she will lose her princess title and lose her allowance then.
Maybe there are other reasons which make you dislike her in the very beginning, reasons which you haven´t revealed yet on this forum?

It doesn´t disturb me at all if Alex still receives some money after remarrying to Martin. We already know that she will retain her petronage. Besides, many divorced women receive money from their ex-husbands, for doing nothing. They don´t have to work for their ex-husbands in order to receive the money. After all, don´t forget that Alex is the mother of Nikolai and Felix.

And many people celebrate their anniversary due to the date when they first met. It´s not necessary that they fell in love when they first met.
Don´t forget that Marie also got to know Joachim before Alex and Joachim divorced.
__________________
  #53  
Old 02-07-2007, 02:09 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 957
Quote:
Originally Posted by lashinka2002
Jochaim must be devestated, this just confirms that his royal worth had nothing to do with her love for him. I don't think he'll ever find anyone quite like Alexandra again. It seems he really lost out here.
In what way does this confirm that Alexandra did not marry Joachim because of his royal worth?
Perhaps she married him to become a princess and during 10 years of being a princess
she found out it's not the heaven she thought it would be.

I personally don't think Joachim is devastated. He looks much happier nowadays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lashinka2002
This woman is intellegant and thinks things through before acting.
With this I agree.
I have the feeling that this whole divorce/new relationship/marriage issue was thought trough carefully and planned from long hand
and presented to the public in steps so people can get used to the idea.
I always had this feeling ever since Queen Margrethe made her a countess and it was said she will not loose the title if she remarries.
I am also quite sure Alexandra knows already exactly what she will do in the future
and we will get to know it gradually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heike
Ah, Ricarda, everyone can smell that you really hate Princess Alexandra.
I thought the reason is that you believe she married Joachim because she wanted to become a princess.
Now it´s proved that she doesn´t hesitate to remarry, even she will lose her princess title and lose her allowance then.
Maybe there are other reasons which make you dislike her in the very beginning, reasons which you haven´t revealed yet on this forum?

It doesn´t disturb me at all if Alex still receives some money after remarrying to Martin. We already know that she will retain her petronage. Besides, many divorced women receive money from their ex-husbands, for doing nothing. They don´t have to work for their ex-husbands in order to receive the money. After all, don´t forget that Alex is the mother of Nikolai and Felix.

And many people celebrate their anniversary due to the date when they first met. It´s not necessary that they fell in love when they first met.
Don´t forget that Marie also got to know Joachim before Alex and Joachim divorced.
Actually this special post was not meant critically.
I was answering some posters who asked whether she will continue with her work or not
and doubted that they know each other long enough to marry.
The state will pay her money, so I assumed she will continue with some of her duties.
(And it's the state not her ex-husband who pays, don't mix that up.
If she is paid by the state then she has to do something for the state IMO.)

Also, it is quite clear by now that the relationship with Martin started while she was still married.
I am not saying that this was the reason for the divorce.
Actually, from what I have heard, this marriage was in crisis for quite some time
and only lasted that long because of their royal status.

I do not hate Alexandra but I also never believed that she is the perfect princess.
I still believe that she married Joachim for the wrong reasons and has her share in the failure of their marriage.
There was a lot of make-believe and hypocrisy in the last years and that's what upset me.
But as I said this step makes me think better of her.
__________________
  #54  
Old 02-07-2007, 02:24 PM
Caswallan's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Calgary, Canada
Posts: 85
Congrats to Alex and Martin. I think it is nice that she is getting remarried.

I also don't think it will be long before Joachim gets remarried.
__________________
  #55  
Old 02-07-2007, 02:24 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Frankfurt, Germany
Posts: 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricarda
With this I agree.
I have the feeling that this whole divorce/new relationship/marriage issue was thought trough carefully and planned from long hand
and presented to the public in steps so people can get used to the idea.
I always had this feeling ever since Queen Margrethe made her a countess and it was said she will not loose the title if she remarries.
I am also quite sure Alexandra knows already exactly what she will do in the future
and we will get to know it gradually.
Are you implying that Queen Margrethe has got to know her plan of remarriage, so she gave her the countess title? I don´t think the Queen would be so general to Alex if she betrayed her son and even planned to marry another man. If the Queen gave her the title because she knew Alex will remarry someday later, this only shows that the Queen likes Alex very much. She can´t keep Alex being a princess if Alex remarries, but she can keep her remaining noble by giving her this countess title.
Besides, any reasonable people (Alex seems to be very reasonable) won´t try to predict how long a romantic relationship will last. I don´t think Alex could predict in 2004 that in 2007 Martin and she will be still together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caswallan
Congrats to Alex and Martin. I think it is nice that she is getting remarried.

I also don't think it will be long before Joachim gets remarried.
I think so, too!
I think Joachim will remarry soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricarda
Actually this special post was not meant critically.
I was answering some posters who asked whether she will continue with her work or not and how long they know each other.
The state will pay her money, so I assumed she will continue with some of her duties.
(And it's the state not her ex-husband who pays, don't mix that up.
If she is paid by the state then she has to do something for the state IMO.)
Alex is a special case.
She receives money from the state because her ex-husband was a prince.
If a state wants to keep their monarchy, they have to pay sometimes.
So I think it´s still fine that she receives money for doing nothing, like many other divorced women.
__________________
  #56  
Old 02-07-2007, 02:35 PM
Zonk's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Somewhere in, United States
Posts: 10,196
I think its great that Alex is getting remarried. Like many, I will be said to see her leave the stage so to speak. If she is no longer a member of the Royal House...I imagine we won't see her as much.

As no one knows the true real reasons for Alex and Joachim's divorce...I still think its unfair to state that Martin was a factor. What if she knew him but their relationship didn't truly develop until Alex and Joachim separated? What if they separated prior to the official announcement but didn't want to overshadow Fred and Mary's wedding so it was all low key. As mentioned, there were rumours for months that all was not well. We will never know.

In regards to her allowance...she is still the mother of two Princes. I think of it more as child support and any work that she will do on behalf of Denmark. I am thinking she will take a more active role with one of her charities in a working capacity.

As for Joachim getting remarried...I think he will...but perhaps not right away. Unlike Alex, Joachim can't afford to make any more mistakes (marriage wise). So he would be wise to make sure that this one will work.
__________________
  #57  
Old 02-07-2007, 02:36 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 957
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heike
Are you implying that Queen Margrethe has got to know her plan of remarriage, so she gave her the countess title? I don´t think the Queen would be so general to Alex if she betrayed her son and even planned to marry another man. If the Queen gave her the title because she knew Alex will remarry someday later, this only shows that the Queen likes Alex very much. She can´t keep Alex being a princess if Alex remarries, but she can keep her remaining noble by giving her this countess title.
Besides, any reasonable people (Alex seems to be very reasonable) won´t try to predict how long a romantic relationship will last. I don´t think Alex could predict in 2004 and in 2007 Martin and she will be still together.
We don't know who betrayed whom first.
I never said that the failure of the marriage is Alexandra's fault alone.
I actually think the reason for the failure is not another man/woman
but the fact that their characters did not go well together.

But I think the possibility of a new marriage was definitely in the air at the time of the divorce
and that's why Margrethe gave Alexandra a title which she will keep all her life, no matter what happens.
After all, the mother of two princes can't be a simple Mrs.Jorgensen or Mrs. X,Y,Z.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk
In regards to her allowance...she is still the mother of two Princes. I think of it more as child support and any work that she will do on behalf of Denmark.
She gets child support from the father of the children who again is paid by the state.
I definitely think that the allowance of the state is meant to be a reward for any work
she does on behalf of Denmark.
At least it was said so when they granted it to her.
__________________
  #58  
Old 02-07-2007, 02:50 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts: 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heike
Are you implying that Queen Margrethe has got to know her plan of remarriage, so she gave her the countess title? I don´t think the Queen would be so general to Alex if she betrayed her son and even planned to marry another man. If the Queen gave her the title because she knew Alex will remarry someday later, this only shows that the Queen likes Alex very much. She can´t keep Alex being a princess if Alex remarries, but she can keep her remaining noble by giving her this countess title.
Besides, any reasonable people (Alex seems to be very reasonable) won´t try to predict how long a romantic relationship will last. I don´t think Alex could predict in 2004 and in 2007 Martin and she will be still together.
In Denmark princes who were born princes became counts/countesses of Rosenborg when tehy married common people. In the case of Alexandra the Queen could not give her the title of Countess of Rosenborg as she is not born a royal. Therefore the Queen had to invent a new title for this new type of royals (prince/princesses of marriage who marry again) and it became counts/countesses of Frederiksborg. Let's say that prince Nikolai's future wife divorce him and marry again then she will also be a countess of Frederiksborg.

__________________
  #59  
Old 02-07-2007, 02:52 PM
queenofcelts's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Kiev, Ukraine
Posts: 496
I must say I am VERY SURPRISED.
I though they will split.
Anyway, CONGRATULATIONS TO BOTH OF THEM!
__________________
  #60  
Old 02-07-2007, 02:56 PM
Nobility
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: ~, Singapore
Posts: 476
Congratulations to them! Though I'm a bit surprised - I, having not really followed Princess Alexandra, had no idea how serious the relationship was. But, still Congratulations!
__________________

__________________
Don't forget to visit the TRF Blog!

"Not everyone who chased the zebra caught it, but he who caught it, chased it" - South African proverb
Closed Thread

Tags
alexandra, alexandra manley, countess alexandra, countess of frederiksborg, martin jørgensen, princess alexandra


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Countess Alexandra and Martin Jørgensen, Current Events Part 3: December 2009 - dazzling Royal House of Denmark 248 09-12-2014 02:37 AM
Alexandra, Countess of Frederiksborg, and Martin Jørgensen March 3, 2007 azile Weddings: Non-Reigning Houses & Nobility 304 09-25-2011 08:23 PM
Countess Alexandra & Martin Jørgensen, Current Events 2: October 2008 - December 2009 Empress Current Events Archive 388 12-09-2009 01:36 AM
Countess Alexandra & Martin Jørgensen, Current Events 1: March 2007 - October 2008 Mandy Current Events Archive 475 10-21-2008 02:50 PM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
abdication birth charlene crown prince felipe crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit duchess of cambridge dutch royal history engagement fashion genealogy grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri habsburg hohenzollern infanta elena infanta leonor infanta sofia jewellery jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king constantine ii king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg nobility olympic games ottoman picture of the month pom prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince felipe prince floris prince maurits prince pieter-christiaan princess anita princess astrid princess beatrix princess charlene princess letizia princess mabel princess madeleine princess marilene princess mary queen anne-marie queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit visit wedding winter olympics 2014



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:05 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]