Princess Alexandra of Berleburg and Family, Current Events Part 1: April 2004 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
magnik said:
Thanks CasiraghiTrio for that:flowers:

No problem. I did a subsequent update on it because I finally found more genealogy info. for him! It was hard to find!:sleep:
But it's fun to have a project like that.

Here's the newest pic of Princess Alexandra with her husband and the kids Ingrid and Richard, it's a wonderful pic in my eyes :flowers:

--> Family pic

Here's the newest pic of Princess Alexandra with her husband and the kids Ingrid and Richard, it's a wonderful pic in my eyes :flowers:

--> Family pic

I totally agree IceFlower, that is a gorgeous picture! Ingrid is such a little sweetheart! :wub:

They are a beautiful family! Ingrid has such bright eyes.

I'm glad to read that you all shared my opinion about that great pic :flowers:

a happy family !! may be there are more of them
Barber, do you mean more of those pics? Well, I think there aren't any, the
pic has been part of very nice article about German royals printed in the
German Vanity fair and those pics were exclusively made for the magazine,
so I don't think any more of these will appear elsewhere.

thank you iceflower for your answer , yes i ment photo's from now , a pitty , sometimes they are at yhe queen of denmark and we can see them !!

She has nice fashion sense but there isn't a thread in the fashion column!

I created a new thread for Princess Alexandra in the House of Fashion if anyone wants to discuss her fashion and style.

Enjoy! :flowers:

--> Family pic

Thats a beautiful picture. Reminds me of a picture pulled out of a family album years ago, maybe because of the black & white effect:)

Does anyone know why we dont get to see P.Alexandra much?
A very detailed, brief article on who is Princess Alexandra

Last edited:
Princess Alexandra and family were interviewed in this week's edition of Billedbladet. The children will go to Benedikte and Richard's until the 24th of December, when their parents will drive to Germany to get them. They will spend Christmas with Richard's family this year.

They will then go to Alexandra's cousin, Alexia, to spend New Year's Eve with her and her family - and they're really looking forward to the new baby. Alexandra mentions that she's close to Alexia, and Richard talks about how they're close to all of her cousins - Theodora lived with them for four weeks once, he goes shooting with Nikolaus and Pavlos, etc.

Thank you Glittering, great articles.

Pics 8.11.2008

Princess Alexandra visited Koge, Denmark, on Saturday, November
8, 2008 to hand out scholarships on behalf of the Koge Cultural
Fund. The Princess is the patroness of the Koge Cultural Fund.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

On the occasion of her 40th birthday Princess Alexandra has given an
interview to Billed-Bladet, a short part can be found in the following
article, including a pic of the family in Venice where they've celebrated
the birthday with a short family vacation.

** Prinsesse Alexandra valgte børnene frem for fest ** translation **

Danish Princess arrives on heritage tour
Princess, Alexandra, niece of the Queen of Denmark Margrethe II, arrived in Pakistan as part of her work with UNESCO, World Heritage Centre, to view the protection of Pakistan’s cultural heritage. Princess Alexandra has been working with UNESCO for many years now as part of their team to promote protection of the world heritage sites, a statement said on Friday.
“My first visit was in 2007, and I have been back three times since then. I have always been met with the outmost hospitality and warmth and I am profoundly grateful for all the kindness, and wonderful humour, that I have experienced while visiting and travelling within Pakistan,” Alexandra said according to the statement.

Alexandra's children are getting so grown up, I would not have recognised Richard at all! I wonder if Richard or Ingrid speak some Danish?

Princess Alexandra and Count Jefferson have decided to divorce it was announced by Princess Benedikte's court today, May 18.

"It has been an incredibly difficult decision. We have known each other for 30 years, but have come to a point where we must acknowledge that we have grown apart", Alexandra is quoted saying, "We finish the marriage, but stay together in the parents' house. The whole family, but of course the most children, is - now even after my father's death - in a very vulnerable situation".

The couple married in 1998 and has a son and a daughter.

** kongehuset.dk press release ** translation **

** BB: KONGELIG SKILSMISSE: Prinsesse Alexandra og grev Jefferson skal skilles ** translation **

Last edited:
That's sad after so many years. But I'm not surprised, because weren't there rumours floating around that they seperated some years ago?

Count Jefferson, it appears, suffered a nervous breakdown or went down with severe stress while working in Paris.
They then moved to Germany.

I can't remember if they initially lived at Berleburg but they moved to a relatively small house an hour or two from Berleburg. - Probably a good idea with Prince Richard around, ready to voice his opinion...

Anyway, severe stress or a breakdown can be a serious burden on any marriage.

Especially if that takes such a long time. I suppose that the divorce happened only after Prince Richard's passing may not be a coincidence.

Agree. They may not even have told him. Prince Richard was in many ways a very conservative man.

Back
Top Bottom