The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-20-2004, 05:27 AM
Gentry

But why the obsession with the British RF? Then how about other RF?
Are the engagements of both the Crown Prince of Denmark and Spain covered in the US also?

Old 01-20-2004, 06:07 AM
Gentry

Thank you for the pics, karolinabraganza, they're wonderful. I love the one of her at the UN!

Old 01-20-2004, 04:28 PM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Pictures from IBL

IBL

IBL
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	00050802.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	28.8 KB
ID:	36314   Click image for larger version

Name:	00050801.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	26.1 KB
ID:	36315   Click image for larger version

Name:	00050800.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	29.5 KB
ID:	36316  
Old 01-20-2004, 07:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Polfoto 19-01-2004. New York City-NY-USA. HRH Princess Alexandra of Denmark took a quick tour of the UN headquarters.

Polfoto 19-01-2004. New York City-NY-USA. HRH Princess Alexandra of Denmark took a quick tour of the UN headquarters.

Alexandra and the others around her do not look too happy to be at the UN on this day or they were bored at the time this picture was taken!

Polfoto 19-01-2004. New York City-NY-USA. HRH Princess Alexandra of Denmark poses in front of the United Nations building in New York, prior to attend the UNICEF Executive Board meeting.

Polfoto 19-01-2004. New York City-NY-USA. HRH Princess Alexandra of Denmark poses in front of the United Nations building in New York, prior to attend the UNICEF Executive Board meeting.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	un_1.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	26.1 KB
ID:	36343   Click image for larger version

Name:	un_2.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	36.7 KB
ID:	36344   Click image for larger version

Name:	un_3.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	24.9 KB
ID:	36345   Click image for larger version

Name:	un_1.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	28.9 KB
ID:	36346  

Name:	un_2.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	36347   Click image for larger version

Name:	un.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	35.9 KB
ID:	36348   Click image for larger version

Name:	unn.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	25.3 KB
ID:	36349   Click image for larger version

Name:	un.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	27.3 KB
ID:	36351  

Name:	new_york_cab.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	35.9 KB
ID:	36352  
Old 01-21-2004, 12:57 AM
Gentry

Thanks sky, timtonruben359 and Jacqueline, for your replies!!
Old 01-21-2004, 02:48 AM
Courtier

I must say that most of the time Alexandra has a fairly good fashion sense...but the suit in the last few photo's paired with the scarf made me cringe. The suit would have been fine without the scarf (even if I don't like the suit to begin with) but adding the scarf make it look way to busy!!!
Old 01-21-2004, 01:53 PM
Aristocracy

I also don't like that color. Somehow lighter, brighter, and colorful dress or suit suited her, but when she chooses grey, dark brown, and black those old dawdy color, she looks older. I like her blue dress, light up her petite frame.

I think if she breaks the suit (the last one) and chooses coordinated solid color skirt, that would somehow tune up the old fashion sense. She is not following fashion much, I can tell.
Old 01-21-2004, 02:02 PM
Courtier

I liked the outfit, the scarf I could see on maybe a different outfit. But at least it wasn't terribly awful. She still looked every inch a princess :)
Old 01-21-2004, 10:52 PM
Aristocracy

She almost pulls off the horizontal stripes... almost. To me, even more cringe-worthy than the scarf is the coat. She looks lost in all that beige fabric...
Old 01-23-2004, 04:58 AM
Courtier

nice pictures especially the last 2 pictures of her in New York.

Well, I think she is already in Denmark now?
Never let go of anyone that you could not go a day without thinking about. There just might be a very good reason why they're always on your mind. Sometimes, it's the brain that knows too well what the heart tries so hard to deny
~ ~ Anonymous ~ ~
Old 01-23-2004, 09:36 AM
Nobility

Does anyone know if many fans were out to see the Princess during this US visit? She is not well known in the US (she deserves to be&#33, so I suppose her experience here would be a bit different than at home. I hope she enjoyed it and feels she accomplished a great deal. I would have tried to see her but it was unusually (almost dangerously) cold weather during her visit.
Old 01-25-2004, 11:09 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally posted by Lady Jean@Jan 23rd, 2004 - 9:36 am
Does anyone know if many fans were out to see the Princess during this US visit? She is not well known in the US (she deserves to be&#33, so I suppose her experience here would be a bit different than at home. I hope she enjoyed it and feels she accomplished a great deal. I would have tried to see her but it was unusually (almost dangerously) cold weather during her visit.
I think there were people who were out to see the princess but not really a lot of them unlike the attention the late Princess Diana had in her visits to the US. Many of the spectators there were maybe passer-bys who caught the sight of the Princess.

It really doesn't matter if there were a lot of people who were out to see her or only few. What really matters is that Princess Alex has fulfilled one of her works as a Princess and a humanitarian in terms with the UNICEF. She has accomplished a great task and I know that she is very happy and contented with her US visit. It also shows her great dedication and sincerity to her job.

Never let go of anyone that you could not go a day without thinking about. There just might be a very good reason why they're always on your mind. Sometimes, it's the brain that knows too well what the heart tries so hard to deny
~ ~ Anonymous ~ ~

Tags
alexandra, alexandra manley, countess alexandra, countess of frederiksborg, cultural visit, new york, princess alexandra, washington