Princess Alexandra in Washington and New York: January 12-21, 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The main purpose of the visit is to attend the opening night of the Royal Danish Ballet’s performance at the Kennedy Center

Elegance Princess

Excellence mother

Attachments

• alexandra_dop1a.jpg
    alexandra_dop1a.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 2,448
  • alexandra_dop2a.jpg
    alexandra_dop2a.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 693
Last edited by a moderator:
"Prince Joachim of Denmark's wife kicked off her week-long visit to
the US on a glamorous note, stepping out in style to take in a
performance of the Royal Danish Ballet in Washington, DC, on Tuesday.

Her chosen outfit for the evening – a white tailored jacket and
trousers worn with an upswept hairdo and sparkling jewellery –
served to make her royal entrance at the Kennedy Center as glamorous
as any red carpet arrival.

The movie-star look was right in line with her famously feminine
taste, equally stylish as the ensemble she donned to peruse the
National Gallery of Art earlier in the day. For that special event,
the princess opted for an ultra-chic blue skirt and fur-trimmed
jacket, her hair falling nearly to her shoulders in a simple bob.

On Wednesday, the Hong Kong-born royal's agenda was set to continue
with a luncheon alongside Alma Powell and Joyce Rumsfeld – the wives
of Secretary of State Colin Powell and Defense Secretary Donald
Rumsfeld – as well as tea at the White House with First Lady Laura
Bush.

Princess Alexandra's visit to the US, scheduled to end on January
21, is aimed at promoting Danish culture stateside."

"America's got people that like to attack those in fur? "

True, she better watch out. It would be a shame though.

Hello

Princess Alexandra Graces U.S. Capital

14 JANUARY 2004
Prince Joachim of Denmark's wife kicked off her week-long visit to the US on a glamorous note, stepping out in style to take in a performance of the Royal Danish Ballet in Washington, DC, on Tuesday.

Her chosen outfit for the evening – a white tailored jacket and trousers worn with an upswept hairdo and sparkling jewellery – served to make her royal entrance at the Kennedy Center as glamorous as any red carpet arrival.

The movie-star look was right in line with her famously feminine taste, equally stylish as the ensemble she donned to peruse the National Gallery of Art earlier in the day. For that special event, the princess opted for an ultra-chic blue skirt and fur-trimmed jacket, her hair falling nearly to her shoulders in a simple bob.

On Wednesday, the Hong Kong-born royal's agenda was set to continue with a luncheon alongside Alma Powell and Joyce Rumsfeld – the wives of Secretary of State Colin Powell and Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld – as well as tea at the White House with First Lady Laura Bush.

Princess Alexandra's visit to the US, scheduled to end on January 21, is aimed at promoting Danish culture stateside.

Attachments

• alexandra_dop3b.jpg
    alexandra_dop3b.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 1,128
She looks absolutely gorgeous and I am pleased to see her visit the U.S. I wonder what she and Laura Bush will be talking about? Also, I'm assuming that all of her wardrobe on this trip is brand new?

I am also very pleased to see that the Princess visited the US. She looked wonderful in her white outfit, what a stunning choice on her. The blue was also gorgoius. Thank You for the photos.

Chanel

Polfoto 14-01-2004 First lady Laura Bush, right, hosts a coffee for Princess Alexandra of Denmark in the private residence of the White House Wednesday, Jan. 14, 2004in this photo released by the White House.

USA, Washington DC. 13 January 2004. Princess Alexandra visiting the Kennedy Center of Performing Arts in Washington DC. Alexandra on her way out of the presidential box after having seen a perefonmance by the Danish Ballet.

USA, Washington DC. 13 January 2004. Princess Alexandra visiting the Kennedy Center of Performing Arts in Washington DC. Alexandra on her way out of the presidential box after having seen a perefonmance by the Danish Ballet.

Attachments

• laura_bush.jpg
    laura_bush.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 521
  • alex_1.jpg
    alex_1.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 1,005
  • alex_2.jpg
    alex_2.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 973
  • alex_3.jpg
    alex_3.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 944
Princess Alexandra looked absolutly stunning in all the pictures! I love her hair in the white outfit she wore to the opera, however I would have liked it a bit better if it had been a skirt instead of big pants. Nevertheless she looked stunning!

Alexandra is a stunning woman. She looked stunning today. I am so pleased that she came to the U.S. Denmark couldn't have chosen a better representitive. I hope that we can see her more in the future visiting us... I love when she sweeps her hair up behind like she wore with the white (gorgious) outfit. She looks so beautiful. A TRUE PRINCESS.

Hi ..

I am happy to see Princess Alexandra in the USA Washington and later New York.
She is a beautiful princess.

I also like her hair up.

It seems that Alexandra has gotten some new suits for this trip. She always picks such nice suits that truly flatter her frame and accentuate her slip figure.

... I wonder how many suitcases and garment bags and shoe bags she packed ...?

It looks like she has newish earrings. They're very nice :)
I like her necklace too, Glenn's site says it's fairly new, and she's worn it to at least one gala event.

14 January 2004 - USA, Washington, D.C

14 January 2004 - USA, Washington, D.C

14 January 2004 - USA, Washington DC - Alexandra with Mr. and Mrs. Bernstein, before lunch, hosted by Mrs. Wilma Bernstein. At the Hay Adams Hotel.

14 January 2004 - USA, Washington DC

14 January 2004 - USA, Washington DC

14 January 2004 - USA, Washington DC - Princess Alexandra at Congress

14 January 2004 - USA, Washington DC - Princess Alexandra at the Library of Congress

14 January 2004 - USA, Washington DC - Princess Alexandra at the front of Congress

Attachments

• alex_1.jpg
    alex_1.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 1,186
  • alex_2.jpg
    alex_2.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 1,012
  • alex_3.jpg
    alex_3.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 976
  • alex_1.jpg
    alex_1.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 1,043
  • alex_1a.jpg
    alex_1a.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 965
  • alex_2.jpg
    alex_2.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 1,147
  • library_of_congress.jpg
    library_of_congress.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 1,003
  • front_of_congress.jpg
    front_of_congress.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 1,061
looks nice!

i like her pictures in Washington D.C. but did takes pictures in New York yet? but she looks lovely! but she got lots clothes for long weeks! :flower:

Sara Boyce

I loved the blue suit (though not the fur trim), and Alex looked spectacular in the cream, but I do not like the grey suit. The strong collar on the shirt (which I like) goes horribly with the cut of the collar on the jacket.

ACTIVITIES of Princess Alexandra of Denmark while in the US

Danish Princess Alexandra visits the United States, January 12 – 21, 2004

Her Royal Highness Princess Alexandra will be visiting Washington D.C and New York in January.

HRH Princess Alexandra will be in Washington DC from January 12 – 16. This is the Princess’s first visit to DC. The main purpose of the visit is to attend the opening night of the Royal Danish Ballet’s performance at the Kennedy Center. The program for the Princess’s week in DC will include the following

• Visit to the Eckersberg exhibition at the National Gallery of Art
• Lunch at the State Department
• Visit to the National Museum of Women in the Arts
• Tour of the Holocaust museum
• Visit to the Library of Congress
• Tour of Capitol Hill
• Attendance at the Master Class at the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts
• Visit to an American public school
• Tour of Arlington Cemetery and placing of wreath at the Danish me-morial
• Meetings at the World Bank, including a meeting with World Bank President James Wolfensohn
• Visit to Danish subsidiary Foss Nirsystems Inc.
• Meeting with leading persons involved with research in ovarian cancer

HRH Princess Alexandra will stay in New York January 16 – 21 in order to participate in UNICEF meetings.

I loved the various attires Princess Alexandra donned in her US Visit. She is very beautiful especially in her white suit during the ballet show at the Kennedy Center.
In my observation, she looked like Gwyneth Paltrow when pictured far.
But nevertheless, she is very gourgeous. I really adore her.

I think her clothes are all new except the blue one because I think she wore it to the christening of her son, Prince Felix. I think it's the same blue outfit but it was added with a blue accessory near the neck. :)

I loved the shoes she is wearing. I didn't really know she loves L Vuitton Bags.

Hi .

Princess Alexandra went to Kennedy burial plot the 15 jan.
Also Arlington Soldies that had fought the 2 world war Denmark.
She also went to a school " Horace Mann Elementary ".

Take a look from IBL photos.

USA, Washington DC, 15. January 2004. Alexandra visiting Arlington. Washington DC in the background.

USA, Washington DC, 15. January 2004. Princess Alexandra visiting Arlington. Washington DC, just left Kennedys burial plot

USA, Washington DC, 15. January 2004, 20040115 Alexandra visiting Arlington. Washington DC, with Kennedys burial plot

USA, Washington DC, 15. January 2004. Princess Alexandra visiting Arlington for the soldies that had fought in world wars for Denmark.

USA, Washington DC, 15. January 2004. Princess Alexandra visiting Arlington for the soldies that had fought in world wars for Denmark.

USA, Washington DC, 15. January 2004. Princess Alexandra visiting Arlington. Washington DC, Ambassador Ulrik Federspiel and John C. Metzler of Arlington.

Attachments

• washington.jpg
    washington.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 636
  • arlington.jpg
    arlington.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 460
  • kennedy.jpg
    kennedy.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 489
  • soldiers.jpg
    soldiers.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 699
  • soldiers.jpg
    soldiers.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 487
  • wreath.jpg
    wreath.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 1,172
  • cemetary.jpg
    cemetary.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 488
  • washington.jpg
    washington.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 557
USA, Washington DC, 15. January 2004. Princess Alexandra visiting Horace Mann Elementary School.

USA, Washington DC, 15. January 2004. Princess Alexandra visiting Horace Mann Elementary School.

Attachments

• school.jpg
    school.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 529
  • school_2.jpg
    school_2.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 410
  • school_3.jpg
    school_3.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 522
  • school_4.jpg
    school_4.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 534
  • school_playground.jpg
    school_playground.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 524
I think Princess Alexandra is one of those women who only get more beautiful with time. Not to say that she hasn't always been beautiful... I really love her hair now. I think it suits her better with the darker highlights, instead of the lighter ones. I looks like she has red in her hair now.

nice pictures!

It's nice to see Princess Alexandra smiling and wearing another fabulous outfit. All I can say is that she looks very beautiful on it. IT shows on her face that she is also very sincere with her task on her visit.

I would prefer her hair to have dark highlights because it emphasizes more her beautiful skin tone. It makes her more radiant.

She is really beautiful.

I wonder if that child with very cute eyes do speak Cantonese?? Maybe, they are communicating with the Princess in a foreign language not English.

Originally posted by Alexandria@Jan 16th, 2004 - 2:48 pm
This photo is just precious. The look on the girl's face is just priceless.

Jyllands-Posten - A few pictures of Alexandra's trip so far that weren't posted already ...

Jyllands-Posten

Attachments

• alex_1.jpg
    alex_1.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 355
  • wall_of_pictures.jpg
    wall_of_pictures.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 352
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back