The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark

Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #21  
Old 11-04-2007, 12:33 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by MargreteI View Post
The children of Anne Marie could in theory take the throne of Denmark, because the Succession Act does not exclude anyone of the decrendant og Chr. IX and Alexandrine. Reardless what ever title they hold "to" "of" or nothing at all. Neighter does it say anything about the whole matter. It is short and simple.
§ 1. The throne is inherited down within king Christian X og Queen Alexandrines decrendant.
§ 2. When a king dies the throne goes to his son or daughter, in such way that son before daughter, if there is more of same gender oldest before youngest. If one of the children dies, that persons children takes the place after the liniar rule and the in § 1 mentioned rules.
§ 3. If a king dies without leaving direct heirs to the throne, the throne goes to his brother or sister, brother before sister. If there are more of same gender or someone have dies the rules in § 2 is to be used.
§ 4. If there are no direct heir to the throne according to § 2 and 3 the throne goes to the nearest sideline amongst the decendant of King Christian X and Queen Alexandrine according to the liniar rule, brother before sister and older before younger as set in § 2 and 3.
§ 5. Only children born in legal marriage can inheritage the throne.
The kings marriage has to have the parliaments aproval.
If one in line to the throne marries without the kings approval that person lose the right to the throne for him/her self and his/her children. .
§ 6. The rules in § 2-5 also applies if the king renounce the throne.
§ 7. This law enters into force on5. juni 1953.
.
You are wrong. HRH The Princess Anne-Marie resigned her rights to the Danish Throne immediately before her marriage to King Constantine by virtue of the fact that, although she married with her father's consent, she was to become the consort of a reigning/ruling foreign dynast.
Thus, her children have no right whatsoever to raise any claims to the Danish Throne.

For historical reasons, be advised that Princess Benedikte retained her rights to the Line of Succession because, even though she married a foreign dynast, her husband was not ruling/reigning.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 11-04-2007, 03:10 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philippe Egalite' View Post
You are wrong. HRH The Princess Anne-Marie resigned her rights to the Danish Throne immediately before her marriage to King Constantine by virtue of the fact that, although she married with her father's consent, she was to become the consort of a reigning/ruling foreign dynast.
Thus, her children have no right whatsoever to raise any claims to the Danish Throne.

For historical reasons, be advised that Princess Benedikte retained her rights to the Line of Succession because, even though she married a foreign dynast, her husband was not ruling/reigning.

She resigned her claim to the throne, thus she can not claim it. However she is still not completely excluded according to the Succession Act, because she is a decrendant of Christian X and Alexandrine.

The Succession Act is quite short, simple and easy to understand.

Actually there is not much that can be misunderstood.

.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 11-05-2007, 04:11 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 217
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargreteI View Post
She resigned her claim to the throne, thus she can not claim it. However she is still not completely excluded according to the Succession Act, because she is a decrendant of Christian X and Alexandrine.
Being a descendant of king Christian X and Queen Alexandrine may qualify someone for inheritance of the Throne of Denmark, but under conditions. For example, the two sons of prince Knud were excluded and were stripped of the rank and title as princes of Denmark because of unequal marriages and without the consent of the monarch.
And I quote from Wikipedia,
" Further, when approving a marriage, the monarch can impose conditions that must be met in order for any resulting offspring to have succession rights. Part II, Section 9 of the Danish Constitution of 5 June 1953 provides that the parliament will elect a king and determine a new line of succession should a situation arise where there are no eligible descendants of King Christian X and Queen Alexandrine."
And further down from the same article in Wikipedia,
"Queen Margrethe II's youngest sister, Princess Anne Marie, married King Constantine II of Greece in 1964. In view of the fact that she was marrying a foreign ruler, King Frederik IX decided that neither Anne Marie nor her children would have any right to the Danish throne."

Therefore, queen Anne-Marie and her descendants cannot inherit the Danish Throne either in theory or in practice!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 11-06-2007, 04:45 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philippe Egalite' View Post
Therefore, queen Anne-Marie and her descendants cannot inherit the Danish Throne either in theory or in practice!
The Constitution § 9 only states that if there is no heir and the throne is vacant, the parliament elects a new king and sets forth the new line of succesion. That applies if the possibilities according to the Succession act has dried out. Meaning, that there are no available heirs according to §§ 1-7 of the Succession Act. Meaning they can elect Anne Marie if they want to.

Furthermore and quite disturbing Anne Marie is an heir according to the succession act, because she did not marry without the state councils consent (king). Yes, there were conditions made, that she signed before her marriage, but if you read the succession act carefully word by word, it should be obvious, that a) the act does not explicitly state that consent to marriage can be made conditional, and b) it does not state that conditions can be required to be fulfilled in order to maintain succession rights.

So how was she deprived of succession rights, she without a doubt had according to a constitutional document ?

The state council (king) gave conditional consent to her marriage without having any legal foundation to do so. The succession act have a status of constitutional document and it needs the same procedures for change as the constitution, should they wish to make conditional consent part of the succession act.

The essense of what you say is, that Anne Marie was deprived of her succession rights by a state council (king) making conditions – but they can not do that, not without going through the formal procedure of a constitutional change laid out in the constitution §88.

In theory it is much worse then just being able to inherit the throne. In theory she can create a crisis tomorrow, if she decides to take the state coucils conditional consent to her marriage in front of the constitutional court to have it rendered unconstitutional.

Well, that is a constitutional problem and I can not take credit for figuring it out it. Constitutional scholars did, but the implications are obvious allthough they will never become real life matters.


.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 11-06-2007, 05:00 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Gibraltar, Gibraltar
Posts: 17
I really which that would move back 2 Greece and do there offical duties,

i love the Greek royal family.They should go back Greece is a wonderful country,they desreve there fantastic Royal family.

Who thinks the same as i do.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 11-06-2007, 05:02 PM
Lilla's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts: 918
Quote:
Originally Posted by MargreteI View Post
Well, that is a constitutional problem and I can not take credit for figuring it out it. Constitutional scholars did, but the implications are obvious allthough they will never become real life matters. .
Anyway - thank a lot Margrete I for your very interesting analysis.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 11-17-2007, 11:10 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by MargreteI View Post
Furthermore and quite disturbing Anne Marie is an heir according to the succession act, because she did not marry without the state councils consent (king). Yes, there were conditions made, that she signed before her marriage, but if you read the succession act carefully word by word, it should be obvious, that a) the act does not explicitly state that consent to marriage can be made conditional, and b) it does not state that conditions can be required to be fulfilled in order to maintain succession rights.
1. Your analyses are always extremely thorough and scholarly and I am very grateful for that.

2. So, if I understand it correctly, the crux of the issue is that the Danish sovereign can either give or refuse to give consent to a royal marriage, but there is no such entity as conditional consent with respect to the royal's right of inheritance.
In this case, I wonder, why did her father do that considering that he was the "mentor" [along the Government] of the Succession Act. Did he do it because he wanted to somewhat "appease" the Knud family and appear impartial or some other reason?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 11-18-2007, 07:57 AM
Jo of Palatine's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Munich, Germany
Posts: 3,323
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philippe Egalite' View Post
1. Your analyses are always extremely thorough and scholarly and I am very grateful for that.

2. So, if I understand it correctly, the crux of the issue is that the Danish sovereign can either give or refuse to give consent to a royal marriage, but there is no such entity as conditional consent with respect to the royal's right of inheritance.
In this case, I wonder, why did her father do that considering that he was the "mentor" [along the Government] of the Succession Act. Did he do it because he wanted to somewhat "appease" the Knud family and appear impartial or some other reason?
I think at that time it was a worrying thought that the firstborn grandchild of the king would most probably be a Greek prince or princess. So they were probably looking for a solution when it came to the line of succession - and the renouncing of inheritance rights by the bride is a very common occurance in history. I doubt that worried much about the consitutional background because that could have been remedied fast enough if necessary. But the signal was clear: there would be no double crown of Greece and Denmark, no matter what.
__________________
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 11-19-2007, 07:53 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 217
Extremely interesting. Thank you, Jo.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 01-12-2008, 11:43 AM
bbb's Avatar
bbb bbb is offline
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: lake texoma, United States
Posts: 1,060
ABC News: Great Danes: The Geography of Happiness

i was watching a show 20/20 last night in the USA. it was on the equation of happiness. it was very informative and interesting. they had on the program a "prince of denmark", Josef Bourbon( see the photo in the article) the interview was in what looked to be a barn or wood working shop. this young man has chosen to make furniture even though he lived in a castle (then showed the castle) it didn't look familar. I had never seen this young man before, he was handsome, blond, good personality and i'd say early 20's, maybe. i've been searching the treads and i can't find anything about him. i assumed he was a grandson to either benedikte or anne-marie as i know i've never seen him before i am very curious who he is. at one point the interviewer asked him if being a prince makes it easier to meet girls- he said he never tells anyone, and i quote "it seems to work out better if they find out on their own". did anyone else see the program and wonder who he was?. Thanks in advance for any help. btw he was very very cute and had a great personality, IF he is a prince of denmark it's a shame we don't see more of him. the reason he was in the show is a portion was dedicated to denmark- "the happiest country in the world' by the shows producers. it was really cool.
*quote from article "Bourbon is another example of Denmark's unusual social structure, because he happens to be a prince. Descended from a Danish king and related to the royal houses of both Spain and France, Bourbon has chosen to be a carpenter's apprentice, and he rarely discusses his lineage with anyone"
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 01-12-2008, 01:16 PM
norwegianne's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Rogaland, Norway
Posts: 5,995
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbb View Post
ABC News: Great Danes: The Geography of Happiness

i was watching a show 20/20 last night in the USA. it was on the equation of happiness. it was very informative and interesting. they had on the program a "prince of denmark", Josef Bourbon( see the photo in the article) the interview was in what looked to be a barn or wood working shop. this young man has chosen to make furniture even though he lived in a castle (then showed the castle) it didn't look familar. I had never seen this young man before, he was handsome, blond, good personality and i'd say early 20's, maybe. i've been searching the treads and i can't find anything about him. i assumed he was a grandson to either benedikte or anne-marie as i know i've never seen him before i am very curious who he is. at one point the interviewer asked him if being a prince makes it easier to meet girls- he said he never tells anyone, and i quote "it seems to work out better if they find out on their own". did anyone else see the program and wonder who he was?. Thanks in advance for any help. btw he was very very cute and had a great personality, IF he is a prince of denmark it's a shame we don't see more of him.
He is not a grandson of either Benedikte or Anne-Marie, neither of their grandchildren are old enough (nor are they Bourbons.)

He is not a prince of Denmark, but is a prince in Denmark - his great-grandmother was Princess Margrethe of Denamark, the only daughter to Prince Valdemar of Denmark who was the youngest son of Christian IX. His prince-title comes from his great-grandfather René of Bourbon-Parma.

This site has a list of Valdemar's descendants. http://www.sitecenter.dk/k-h-andrese...sefterkommere/
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 01-12-2008, 02:09 PM
bbb's Avatar
bbb bbb is offline
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: lake texoma, United States
Posts: 1,060
thank you for your informative answer. he was a very personable young man so i wondered why i hadn't seen him before.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 03-17-2008, 04:57 PM
kbear's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Toowoomba, Australia
Posts: 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by morhange View Post
BTW, here's Anne-Marie's profile: Kongehuset - Kongehuset The only link didn't work. I was wondering why it was just linked as 'Ann' when her name is AnnE, not to mention Anne-Marie! But I still wonder why Nikolai's URL is niColai.
help i dont speak danish and as a new royal watcher i have been looking for history and family trees and am trying to untangle the family trees but when i attempt to access the english translation i am redirected to a minimal site with nothing on the greek queen. Appreciate any tips people
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Marie-Chantal: Opinions karima Crown Prince Pavlos, Marie Chantal and Family 251 08-01-2013 11:08 PM
Something to think about - Top 5 Game Josefine Royal Chit Chat 92 12-21-2007 03:45 AM
What Will Happen To The Extended Royal Family? Chatleen Royalty Past, Present, and Future 21 06-28-2007 04:10 PM
Pavlos And Marie Chantal: Current Events December 2002 - October 2003 Julia Crown Prince Pavlos, Marie Chantal and Family 76 10-14-2003 08:40 PM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
abdication birth charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events duchess of cambridge fashion grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta leonor infanta sofia jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg olympic games ottoman poland pom president hollande prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince felipe prince floris prince maurits prince pieter-christiaan princess princess aimee princess alexia (2005 -) princess anita princess ariane princess beatrix princess catharina-amalia princess charlene princess claire princess laurentien princess letizia princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess mary queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit wedding william winter olympics 2014



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:36 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]